Why on earth would I take fitness advice from here when Reddit offers much more substantial answers and can be easily...

Why on earth would I take fitness advice from here when Reddit offers much more substantial answers and can be easily verified?

The amount of trolling here is not conducive to actual fitness discussion.

The only good advice is on the sticky, Reddit has the good advice. Only reason i'm here is to shitpost and see threads about stupid shit. Also, this site has a lot more information on taking steroids.

I find that the issue with reddit is that because people are tied to their usernames and have semi-permanent account histories, they can be very unwilling to criticise shit advice in case they get downvoted. so although reddit may give some good advice its drowned out by the sea of shit advice everyone is too afraid to speak out against

and for me personally the biggest argument is that the average physique in the CBTs is far far superior to the average physique in 'selfie saturday' or whatever gay shit the reddit equivalent is called

Trolling is a form of hazing. Once you've been here a while, endured your fair share, you'll learn to fit in and how to ask questions and get real answers. You don't just stroll in here like it's facebook and expect people to spoonfeed you.

Go to reddit if you want "nice" normie advice.

/r/fitness is actually worse

/r/weightroom is very good

Due to the nature of namefaggotry and upvotes, redit is one huge circle jerk, whatever happens. Here you can actually get good discussion, sometimes.

If you like this cucksucking shithole so much, why donĀ“t you piss off then, m8?

@40941049
Thanks for the (You)

I get extremely pissed off on this site sometimes. But its a love hate relationship. You can find a diamond in the rough sometimes so to speak, but you'll also find larpers and neckbeards giving advice they know nothing about. Just gotta be diligent.

I never lifted when I went on r/fit because there's no /pol/ to convince you that you have to fight a nigger to live

You guys are right. You should both go get all your fitness advice from reddit and not come back here

Are actually considering being a fucking redditor you tremendous faggot? Maybe you don't belong here anyway.

why are you still here then?
once you figure out what is and isn't a meme while also taking the sticky into account you learn to make your own routine, the rest of this board is just shitposting or comparing aesthetics

The positivity and can do attitude of Reddit is disgusting. According to them everyone is doing great and looks great no matter how much of a weak hambeast they are.

How can anyone be motivated by that busllshit.

it's unfair to compare the two imo. anonymous message board with posts sorted by most recent reply vs. threads and comments submitted by user accounts sorted by an upvoted/downvote system

this is kinda true

/r/fitness is like buzzfeed fitness: pop culture bullshit questions (how do i get abs for the summer? lol) with the occasional nugget of solid advice

/r/weightroom definitely has a more purposeful, meaningful tone to the posts and is more densely packed with useful info

the value of /fit is that once you sort through the crap you do also find these nuggets of valuable insight, and they are usually of higher quality than what you see on reddit

the only concession I'll make is that reddit is definitely more accessible, which is why /r/fitness has so much fluff on it

this also, Veeky Forums is extremely picky on what is considered a good body

The reality is there is not that much to lifting: You pick up some weights; get a bit stronger; pick up some heavier weights; eat some food; maybe inject some steroids. the 95% of shit talked about probably make a 5% difference at most. This is why most content here is memes and trolls.

Exactly... Anyone that's been to the gym for longer than a few months shouldn't have any real issues or questions besides maybe what routine to move on to... There's only so much you can lean about your macros, whether to cut/bulk, and what routine to do... Hell I don't think I've bothered to ask any actual questions here OR on reddit regarding fitness in years...

The truth is I've learned more by NOT listening to fit and educating myself when I need an answer.

the ONLY good fitness subreddit is /r/weakpots, where failed powerlifters post asspics 24/7

now im curious on what advice you were dumb enough to take

SS + GOMAD

same guy but usaully most boards have their good stuff stored in the top of all time list or gilded section. Even r/fitness has good stuff at the top of all time, and is where i got the plan for my current routine from (even if i modified it)

That's not a meme. You just lack dedication.

You probably got some thiccc legs qt

My delicious man boobs and t-rex body says otherwise.

Reddit is just a hugbox, Veeky Forums is much better for actually doing things

I remember searching for squat tips on Reddit fitness and the OP had a ton of upvotes with his squat advice, until of course he got called out by someone that he shouldn't be giving advice since he doesn't squat at all, and posted the OP's exact post history where he said "I don't do squats, only lunges, let extension and curls"

Yeah the "we're all gonna make it" vibe of /r/fitness seems false and rather put on to me. When you see it here it appears to be much more genuine.

Post boy tiddays now. Also you were probably not going hard enough/exerting enough cals in the gym. How many hours per week were you doing?

I did 5x5 as a starting routine, did GOMAD, and never trained core or did cardio.

After realizing 5x5 was more advanced I went back to 3x8 until I was strong enough to do a proper 5x5. GOMAD works but makes me develop acne at 26 and I do core and light cardio now because you need to.

And I used a squat plug for a while

I was trolling when i wrote SS + GOMAD, but it turns out that's what you actually did, kek.

JUST

Exactly. If you're still acting like a fatty or skelly you're not going to make it.

That reality check is important.

And when a community that generally says people won't make it says someone will make it it feels a lot more genuine.

And I think they've embraced the body positivity meme

I don't like reddit. A middle aged woman said something nice to me there once and it made me feel weird. Like I had gotten lost and wound up somewhere I didn't belong.

>Squat plug

yeah, go to Reddit, and stay there, you fucking normie scum