Kidney Beans

So I was thinking about incorporating kidney beans into my daily meals but i really don't want to soak them for 8 hours beforehand if possible.
Can i just throw them in my rice cooker with the right amount of water? Wikipedia says specifically not to put it in a slow cooker (or anything that cooks it at 70C) due to phytohemagglutinin. Not sure if that applies to a rice cooker though.
Anyone cook their kidney beans with rice in a rice cooker? are there better beanerinos i could use?

Chick peas my african american slave.

Here's that wiki info
Anyone here ever eaten a couple raw kidney beans by accident? I legit had no idea

Dry or canned? I'd rather just be able to toss all that shit in my rice cooker and save some time

I haven't tried red kidney beans, but I'm often cooking white/navy beans in a slowcooker for a huge kind of soup.

Shit like tofu (inb4 lol estrogen), meat, beans, barley, carrots and celeri, broth and spices make for some pretty filling and really good meals.

yeah i think ill go for something like that, it sounds delicious as fuck. Not really big on the meat though. A bouillon cube would work for the taste right? or is liquid broth better

Canned my black fella kept under lock and key.

What are some top tier beans, I figured kidney beans were pretty decent with 22g of carbs and 9g of protein per 100g

Canned it is then i guess

Oh i almost forgot, drain the liquid into a shake and drink with a straw. Its delicious.

Black beans

Ill toss in some artificial sweetener and fruit for extra flavour

whats the big deal with soaking them? Too hard to fill them up before bed? have fun paying 70-80 cents a can when you can get a lb, raw, for that price.

I never soak them, just throw them in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes. I'm still alive

Oh wow you're saving like 30 cents woah!!!

>Wikipedia says not to put it in a slow cooker
Do whatever you want. Kidney beans are an essential ingredient in chili, and that shit gets cooked in the crock pot overnight.

t. Ate chili, am not dead

Use a pressure cooker or instant pot and you're golden in about 40 mins no soak.

There was a sale i couldn't resist

What does soaking even do anyway? Google says it dissolves undigestible sugars (?) but i think that's probably balderdash

Uts mom science mon.

Soaking is a jew plot to destroy the white race.

I figured as much

soak them overnight, rinse and cook in liquid

Invest in a pressure cooker

S-senpai plz. the macros arent the same and the sodium is a waste gg kys.

That would cook them at Temps above boiling... and thus safe.

Good info. I've never seen 5his before.

Dry weight vs wet buckaroo. Canned beans are expensive and full of sodium.