I need help

I don't know what the fuck to do anymore. I've been trying to do things right, as my budget allows me, but I'm not seeing nothing come of this shit. I've been eating smaller portions of meals, running 30 minutes a day, and incorporating more vegetables into my food like brocolli and green beans. But no matter how much I try, see no progress when I look at my self in the mirror. For 4 FUCKING MONTHS I've been doing a consistent diet, with a good cardio every day, but I don't see a decrease in the flabs/lovehandles. Now, I'm no hamplanet by any means, but I am on the big scale, one that I have been trying to get out of for a long time.

I'm 19, 5.10ft, and weigh 227lbs. I lost about 20 pounds over the last months, but I don't want to just lose pounds, I want to lose FAT.

>hur read the link faggot

I did. But I just can't follow some steps because it's beyond my ability to do it. I can't go to the gym lifting since I'm broke as fuck, and counting calories is just too fucking confusing to me. It all seems overwelming.

All I have to use is

>treadmill
>few dumbbells(2x12.5 & 1x15)
>and my crappy excuse of a diet

I want to be able to take my shirt off at a summer beach, and gain confidence in talking to girls. I feel like this shit is hopeless. I don't want to give up, I hate giving up, but I feel like I'm running an endless circle that will see no result in physique. How the fuck do you anons do it? Is anyone in my position? I feel like I can't go anywhere with what I got. I feel like my time is being wasted. I know I might be going about it wrong, but I can't fucking tell how to fix it. I fucking hate this shit,

Green beans has alot of carbs in it. I can give you my diet.

breakfast: 1 fruit,1 serving dairy (a glass or milk or a yoghurt, an egg.

am snack: protein shake and fuel bar

lunch: 1 servings protein (two chicken breast baked no skin), 1 serving carb (1 slice of bread or a low carb wrap) 1 cup of veggies ( broccoli or lettuce or both, veggies dont matter since they are all made of water)

afternoon snack: fuel bar

dinner: 2 chicken breasts, bunch of broccoli and 1 serving olive oil. I would chop it all up and eat it in a huge bowl. 1 protein shake.

I lost 90 lbs doing this for 6months.

before starting a diet you have to cleanse your body, eat only red meat and raw greens for 3 days straight ( unlimited amount ), then you go on the diet.

Avoid salt since it makes you hungry, avoid carbonated beverages since they also make you hungry. Use Mrs Dash in place of salt ) I loved the southwest chipotle flavour on my dinner.

NO SODA OR SWEET DRINKS.

Drinks loads of water, water helps your metabolism.

>counting calories is too confusing
What? Just use myfitnesspal or an excel sheet or SOMETHING. Your diet is probably okay, considering you're doing cardio every day, but the devil is in the details etc etc. I can guarantee other people can see that you've lost weight, even if it's invisible to you. When I look in the mirror I don't see any change either, but apparently my friends and family do. I just try to believe they're not coddling me.

OP you lose fat with time.. 20 pounds in 4 months is pretty good and you should be proud of that acheivement.

Start doing bodyweight exercises also with your cardio to build muscle cause with more muscle means more fat loss and with more fat loss comes definition.

Ok, thanks user. I'll see if I can do this. For breakfast, I usually eat brocolli with these chinese noodles that have no sugar or something. I think I need a change.

>Avoid salt since it makes you hungry

Got it.

>avoid carbonated beverages since they also make you hungry

I don't like drinking beverages anyways so I'm good with that.

I hate drinking soda's, and I've gotten used to not eating anything sweet. So I'm thankful. I have been drinking lots of water lately, however, I have not been seeing an improvemtent with my metabolism. Maybe cause I don't eat as much as I used too?

Anyways, I'll try your diet. Again, thank you.

20 pounds in 4 months is very solid (Maximum healthy fat loss is around 1.5-2 pounds a week, but this can be hard to reach) so you're doing fine

>What? Just use myfitnesspal or an excel sheet or SOMETHING.

I tried doing that, but sometimes I eat different combos of stuff that I lose track on the max amount of calories I need to take in x the amount I need to lose.

>I can guarantee other people can see that you've lost weight, even if it's invisible to you. When I look in the mirror I don't see any change either, but apparently my friends and family do. I just try to believe they're not coddling me.

I've seen my family compliment me on my looks, however they have been saying stuff like this for a long time, so i don't really trust them. All I truly have to see is me on the mirror, which looks the same as I did 4 months ago.

Thanks, anons. but when exactly do I start losing the fat via gut, lovehandles, etc? I sweat tons after running 30 minutes, and eating considerably less and more healthier than before, but I see no physical improvement. As I said before, I can't really go to a gym to lift since I'm broke. Maybe improvise? Is there an alternative to lifting?

>counting calories is just too fucking confusing to me
how is counting confusing?

You've lost a respectable amount of weight. Do you have any before pictures? They'll help massively in tracking progress that you can't see from just a mirror.

1. Fat loss requires a calorie deficit. If you aren't losing fat, you are eating too much. This is not negotiable. This doesn't mean eat less though.

2. Almost everyone severely overestimates how much they eat. Counting calories is not optional for anyone remotely serious about fat loss.

3. Sounds like you've been overworking for too long, your hormone balance is probably shit, and your metabolism has likely crashed.

Take 2 weeks off and eat at maintenance or slightly over to reset your metabolism. Also eat foods that make you feel good, eg ice cream every day.

Start counting calories, figure out your maintenance level, subtract 10-20% of that from how much you eat per day. Whether that % comes from eating fewer calories, or burning calories from running is irrelevant.

Also keep in mind excessive cardio should be kept for when you don't want to reduce your calories any further (ie keeping 3 meals a day rather than 2). Your body adapts quickly to cardio and it will eventually wreck your metabolism and you will plateau.

I speak from experience. For 3 months i ran on the treadmill for 1 hour a day, 6 days a week. By the end i was eating 1800 calories and running for an hour a day, and i wasn't losing weight. I learned the hard way that cardio is not great for prolonged weight loss. By that point i lost 30 pounds. I then took a 2 week break and ate around 2200 calories a day, including ice cream and other snacks. Once i returned, i dropped cardio, and ate 1750 calories a day, and lost 20 pounds over the next 2 months.

If you plateau from eating too little and running too much the only thing you can do is stop and let your body recover. And remember, cardio is ONLY to let you eat MORE, not less.

If you want some cardio that actually is beneficial for your body (running for weight loss actually does a lot of damage and stress on your body), try rowing. It will build muscle, burn a ton of calories, and it is very low impact.

Counting calories isn't difficult. Use myfitnesspal and track *everything* you eat. Only drink water. If you don't like water, add some lemon and cucumber or drink unsweetened cold tea. Eat a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast every day. Not the sugary shit though, use plain oatmeal and add some honey and frozen berries for flavor. For lunch just try to stay light on the calories. Either a wrap, salad, soup, sandwich, whatever just COUNT YOUR CALORIES. For dinner have some chicken and veggies, maybe a bit of rice or pasta if you're still under your daily caloric allowance. For snacks during the day have some veggies or a protein bar or whatever. Try to keep your diet varied as much as possible. I know /fit. likes broccoli and chicken but you'll probably burn out if you force yourself to eat the same thing every day. Look up some recipes online or look around in the reddit subs like r/loseit. Exercise wise, do cardio for now or start bodyweight training. You don't need a gym if your primary goal is to lose weight. Hope that helps and good luck user.

Another thing is if you can't afford a gym look into body weight exercises

You can't target fatloss, when your body fat % drops, it drops everywhere. Also you need to up your weightlifting game (low reps, compound lifts only, check out the book Starting Strength by mark rippetoe, its great for bulking but especially cutting) because at the point you are at now, most of your further weight loss will come from muscle, and you'll be skinnyfat.

>counting calories is just too fucking confusing to me
brainlet

>I'm 19, 5.10ft, and weigh 227lbs. I lost about 20 pounds over the last months, but I don't want to just lose pounds, I want to lose FAT.
You don't get to choose where you lose fat.

You've made some good progress. Think of it this way: a year from when you started, at your current rate, you'd be around 187, which would be a pretty decent weight for your height.

Your love handles unfortunately may be one of the latter things to disappear. Your final thing will probably be belly fat that hides your abs. You just don't get to choose.

Also I give another vote for considering a couple weeks of maintenance. A very extended period of hard dieting isn't just hard on your willpower, but it's also risky in terms of wrecking your metabolism, which is how fatties on the Biggest Loser and such things get completely rekt and get bigger five seconds after they leave the show.

You're going at a healthy pace so it isn't nearly as much of a concern, but a maintenance phase still is not a bad idea.

STOP EATING BREAD, Bread is possible the worst food for you. It's just empty calories, Over the years, the flower weve used has become more bleached and refined. whereas before it was actually healthy and nurtitious for you. BLAH BLAH BLAH, I'm no healthy fag, I smoke weed, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I DON'T DO? EAT. BREAD.

>losing track
>on a calorie tracking website/app
Find your TDEE. Subtract 500 calories. Set that as your calorie goal on MFP. Eat that much or less every day.
Buy a measuring tape (for people, not construction) and keep track of your waist, neck, and whatever other relevant measurements. That kind of progress might be more encouraging

My best advice is that diet and muscle are the most important factors for weight loss.

The idea that you cant build muscle and lose fat at the same time is a MYTH. If you arent a serious lifter (lifting every week for 3+ years), you can put on a ton of muscle while losing fat, especially if you are a novice or are new to compound lifting.

So my advice is:

Start counting calories now. Read a bit of info on it. It's really easy and there are tons of automated tools to do so. This doesnt mean you have to follow your diet to a T and only eat a small selection of foods, it just gives you a much better idea of how much you are eating and how much you need to eat/stop eating to keep losing weight.

Second, save some money and buy some weights or a gym membership. This is paramount. If you try and lose a lot of fat without lifting, i guarantee you will plateau and lose any muscle you have left. You will end up flabby and weak, eg skinny fat.

The most important things for a novice lifter and someone who is in a calorie deficit is compound lifts. This is all you need to focus on: Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Standing Press, Bent Row. Nothing else is important, nothing else will be particularly helpful. These lifts are safe and easy to perform with a bit of practice. They all use an olympic barbell, and all use the same weights.

My advice is to get a gym membership rather than try buying it all at once, as it adds up. In the long run getting serious about weight lifting will probably be the most important thing you've done or could ever do pertaining to weight loss.

Muscle burns fat in multiple ways, it also prevents you from being a flabby sack of skin once you do lose enough fat.

Don't training is a no-go

If you can't get a gym membership, look for a place like a park or something with bars. You can do full body routines, with progression over time, that will shield good aesthethics results and can be a nice approach to training.

Visit de bodyweight general to know more about that, and look into this type of training.

don't use treadmills you'll be an asslet. they don't work your ass, you need an ass boi

learn 2 patience m8.