Ground beef

What's fits opinion on ground beef? My brother bought half a cow and he got 50lbs of hamburger that he couldn't fit into his freezer so he gave it to me. So I have a shitload of hamburger for the foreseeable future.

Is constantly having ground beef good for you? Worse than chicken?

Its damn handy for a keto bulk if you're inclined to such things.

I'm thinking it will be much easier to portion than chicken, so it'll make tracking calories much easier. Plus, I like browning it and mixing it with plain tomato sauce for a nice meal.

Eating mammals is unhealthy for mammals. Stick to fish and poultry.

~ same amount of protein as chicken and same for fat (although different forms of fats; watch out for that)

Eat with a salad, as taco meat, meatloaf, meatballs, etc…

Just make sure to each 2 servings of veggies with it, and a source of whole grains/healthy starches

Ground beef patty + cauliflower/broccoli/Brussels sprouts + cabbage/kale + sweet potato/(black/brown/kidney) beans

^Mix and match for awesome lunch/dinner options. If you HAVE to have a bun, go whole grain. Preferably, use 2 portobello mushroom heads as buns. Use whole grain pasta/quinoa/zucchini if possible as alternative pasta options.

Feel free to ask any other questions/options. Beef can either be really healthy or really not. Load up on processed carbs and sugar loaded sauces and you're not gonna gain muscle, it's gonna be all fat. Veggies and good starches and cheating once in a while with some healthier grains isn't bad, especially if you have other while grains like steel cut oats.

I'm jelly.

I plan on draining all the fat and grease off when I cook it, and I'm perfectly happy with eating just a beef patty. Glad it's a good deal user.

The smell of ground beef makes me want some pussy

yes plus cows suffer less and you get more food per cow. great deal. wanna buy a cow of meat myself. ground beef goat.

> Beef can either be really healthy or really not

When can it be really healthy?

145 lb thin/muscular build here

If I wanted to pack on a lot of weight by eating like 4 hamburgers a day at my buffet-style dining hall in college, what would be the pros and cons?

I want to get thicker as I work out and I'm tired of looking like a twink or some shit.

Guidance?

When you combine it with healthy foods. It's not a bad source of protein in moderation. I personally prefer ground turkey, and sometimes even a homemade ground chicken burger.

Chicken. Use my suggestions above if you NEED to eat beef. Other leaner substitutes like turkey burgers are good options as well.

>When you combine it with healthy foods.

That's not really red meat you're talking about then, that's the other foods

eating ground beef with carbs makes you not gain muscle now huh? thanks for the info Veeky Forums!

the thing is, I can't readily eat chicken every day. It's either too difficult to find or mixed with some other nasty shit in the cafeteria.

I'm not going to fuck up my heart or get cancer by eating too many burgers and working out, am I?

Chickens are actually somewhat safer in captivity in factoryhouses. Chickens in wild end up attacking each other and eating each other. Quite violent. One chicken learns a fucked up habit like pecking, and then suddenly all the chickens start doing it.

But you have to give the chicken liveable conditions in the factoryhouse. Chickens like to dust bath, so if they dont have dust or any substitute they will do it in their own shit. Same thing with pigs.

Chili, meatloaf, burgers, tacos, meatballs, kafta, etc. Very versatile.

50lbs of hamburger meat eh? Fuck that sounds awesome. As far as health concerns go just don't overdo it, I mean, eat it ofc, but not 3lbs a day or some nonsense like that. What I would do though is always have a glass of psyllium husks in water when I eat it so that the fat and cholesterol (or a fair amount of it anyway) is absorbed by the soluble fiber and not by your digestive tract. Other than that happy eating!

Bro those things are fucking loaded with added salts and fats, don't think for one second that you're getting a nice pure beef patty because I'll bet dimes to dollars that they throw butter and salt into the meat to make the shitty beef palatable. And that's not even factoring in any sauces, condiments or cheeses that end up on the thing as well. Is there no way for you to prepare your own food?

This user kind of knows what's up. Chickens really are brutal. We had to cull one recently, because she suddenly learned how to break open and eat her own eggs. If we hadn't culled her, within days, every single egg would have been broken and eaten, as the other chickens learned by example. My chickens have to free range, because they do all the fucked up shit when confined. When they are confined, it creates an illusion of finite resources. Also, it is nice to have them run around and eat all the pests. It's hilarious when a mouse runs into a chicken's sight, because that usually marks the end of that mouse's life.

Free-range works fine too, but its very labor intensive to watch over them to make sure chickens dont get all retarded on each other. Cows free range aren't as stupid I dont think.

You are so right about chickens, it actually kinda makes sense since they are basically miniture dinosaurs. those fuckers are mice hunters extraordinaire. Leave a few to peck your yard, the grass might be rough but they will remove every pest in that yard. .

When do you weigh the beef to put into mfp?

I weigh it after I cook it down since you lose a lot of weight in water and grease that cooks out of it.

top half or bottom half?

Lmao this place should be renamed /misc/

Just type "beef uncooked" and weigh it then you utter spacker

If it's a 100% grass fed it has less saturated fat and more Omega 3 fatty acids

Ur retarded if you think they aren't just throwing frozen patties on a griddle

I brown some 80% lean beef, put a tablespoon of butter on, crack four eggs over it, then I mix that shit in a wok with Worcestershire sauce and uh cheddar cheese off a block. Comes out at about 660.

>tfw live in Korea
>Beef is 4 times more expensive than pork
>try to make burgers/bolognese with pork mince but its not the same
>99% or burger/italian restaurants are shit

BREHS, SEND ME BEEF QUICK

Hahahaha fuck got eeem

Mammals don't eat other mammals? Birds don't eat other birds?

God watching Veeky Forums talk about cooking hurts.

I eat my my burger with two pieces of cheese on a white bun drenched in ketchup and mustard and I still got a 6 pack. You mad bro?

Now you gotta post the pic bro. Finish the shaming otherwise your loss will make us all look like jackasses for making fun of this kid.

How? Obviously raw and cooked hamburger have different nutritional values. Do you think all the fat you cook out and don't eat magically still counts?

A lb here is 1*10^1 dollars. I don't know how that compares to the average.

I bet you don't even pour you bacon grease into your milk, you fucking hippie.

You think it counts in the first place, SAD! that little bit of fat you pour off is like literally one extra lap of running that's it.

Retard alert.

Make sure you wash it under the sink in hot water like a fucking woman too!

holy fuck. that would cost a fortune.

LOL, that is not how it works. Your body will suck the "absorbed fat" right out of the psyllium husk. All you'll get from this is a solid poo.