>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity (v1)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

>FAQ

>is my routine good?
if it has no progression, you are just doing cardio and maintaining

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h4439IQFAqI
gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5284-elbowwrist-prehab-routine/
youtube.com/watch?v=O6Y3WDY1tUo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility between reps

FSAS - Fundamental Straight Arm Strength
FBAS - Fundamental Bent Arm Strength
FLS - Fundamental Leg Strength

the numbers like 5x60s means mastery for the movement, in this case you look at 60s/60rep template and follow that progression, once you hit mastery (can do 5x60s) you move to the next level

for negative movements, 5x5x10s means you descend for 10s each rep

>SL
SL progression seems to be different from PDF's

Foundation gives 3 routines:
>AxBxAxx
>ABxABxx
>ABABAxx
A: FL, sPL, HBP, RC
B: MN, SL, SLS

Last thread didn't last a day, but some good discussion was had.
From previous thread, talking about mobility, I feel like Foundation is enough to do the movement from Foundation itself, if you have specific goals like splits you have to find appropriate mobility that targets that specific movement, in general yoga should be good for overall body stretching.

>I really want some Foundation-like resource with which I can dive into stretching, and not having to read lengthy books. But haven't found it yet.
There was a really good discussion back on /asp/ about stretching, the discussion was dynamic vs static stretching, the conclusion was that both will get you gains, just need to extra carefull you stretch the muscle not the connective tissue. In terms of your post about stretching on off days, you need to warm up your muscles first before stretching, so usually you do stretching after work out when muscles are already warm

>a straddle l-sit to handstand is a good example of one that demands mobility fucking everywhere
where does it require mobility, exactly? not that I can do any of those, but watching videos it's just basic joint movements. similar to having your hands to the side, then raising them in front of you over your head, any healthy human should be able to do it, mobility wise, the only thing difficulty mobility wise would be to hold straddle throughout whole movement

What about the Foundation stretching stuff, is it any good?

lower back exercises which i can do with only floor, parallel bars and normal horizontal bar

>skinny girls with asses
do they make them without asses?

S U P E R M A N S/ archbody holds

how about something hard i can hold them for years and then i went to gym once with qtpie and embarassed myself lifting only 100 kg on deadlift

I overstretched a few times, and others had similar problems, I don't know what is the cause, though, I just do very mild mobility exercises for now.

if you diddly 100kg and weigh less, there's nothing you can do with BW to increase your diddly, you need some weights for arch body holds, on your legs and in your hands

you know what it means, don't be a fag

>how do i get better at deadlifting without deadlifting

Natural glute raises and rows.

Your deadlift still wont be massive.

Started doing El Diablos bodyweight 666 two weeks ago. Have potential?
Is it good routine?

>I overstretched a few times
Laughlin and Sommer agree in carefully exploring your own mobility and taking it slow. Twice or once a week is fine. Laughlin offers nice stretches that you can do everyday just to loosen up a bit though. His approach incorporates breathing and some light isometrics. It's called the Contract-Relax approach and while it sounds like fitness marketing, he's no Ido Portal or GB affiliate.

Flexibility and mobility should be explored opposite to strength and conditioning. Never treat it like a workout where you exert a good deal of energy. Especially if you're targeting a delicate joint like the shoulder. Getting more mobile is a nice contrast to getting stronger so finding the fun in both is rewarding.

no idea, post it

actually, had no issues with joints and connective tisues, just fucked up my muscles, right bicep from doing table and right front deltoid doing backward xiaopengs (5 weeks ago, seems to have recovered)

Anyone have a workout plan to progress to handstand pushups?

looks shit tier, desu
as someone who started with 3x3 inclined push ups, it doesn't take so long to progress to normal push ups, also just because he is doing normal push ups with shit tier form I am going to call the routine garbage

Foundation Handstand Series, torrent from OP or routine in first reply

Shieeeet and i thought i will make a good progress on this..
Can You give me some routine?

>try to do pushups and dips
>sharp pain behind elbow (probably ulnar nerve)

what do, been like this for weeks

Is there something I can do to make squats hit my glutes and hammies harder? I barely feel them working.

To you guys asking about stretching/mobility.

What I did for my splits is pretty simple, I tried to spend a few sets of about 3-5 mins in a split every day, and just learning my limits and mixing it up, sometimes PNF if I feel right or other times passive.

I also find that GMB videos are great, I've been doing the daily hip mobility one for ages spending more time in areas that I'd need, such as frog etc.

They've recently released an upper body one too. I do them twice a day but once would be fine.

That's because hamstrings shouldn't be working much at all and glutes only when at full depth. You don't feel them working either. Whatever you do, do not try to sit back for more 'hamstring' in the squat, just because there's tension it does not mean they are contributing much as well as enforcing a bad movement pattern for the squat.

Squats are a quad movement, if you'd like more hamstring/glute work, I'd suggest deadlifts or RDLs.

>literally the first reply to OP

>like this for weeks
try 6 fucking months, man, same pain from overworking triceps, inflamed triceps tendons man, don't do shit with arms for at least 3 months, see if it goes away, meantime to ease the pain, use anti-inflamatory gel, and do this exercise
> stand up straight
> arm to your side relaxed
> tense both biceps and triceps as hard as you can, make sure arm doesn't bend
> tense relax x5

put weights on legs and do kickbacks for glutes

That routine is old, here's his new one drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oknZg-EI8xenpWUWFidDc1aDQ/edit

From his site startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html

>drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oknZg-EI8xenpWUWFidDc1aDQ/edit
>he suggests to do weighted single leg squat before normal
still shit tier

>try 6 fucking months, man, same pain from overworking triceps, inflamed triceps tendons man, don't do shit with arms for at least 3 months, see if it goes away, meantime to ease the pain, use anti-inflamatory gel, and do this exercise

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I work at a computer everyday and it's torture. I've been like this since last year. I've been doing eccentric exercises for wrist (curl, reverse curl, pronation, supination). It seems to help, but there are days when it just gets even worse. I've done 2 months of Physio therapy with no results. I hope this shit doesn't turn chronic.

I don't have access to weights, and can't afford to go to a gym. Are there any zero-equipment alternatives?

How did it start? For me I overworked triceps for 3months working at a smithy as a volunteer, I work in IT as well, this was over a year ago, the pain sometimes returns if I only do curls with no triceps work

for glutes? you don't have a back pack? fill it with heavy shit like water bottles to use as a makeshift weight, try to hold it on the leg behind your knee
youtube.com/watch?v=h4439IQFAqI

also pic related if you can't do kickbacks weighted

From his site.

>Weighted one legged squats. This is somewhat counter-intuitive, but weighted one legged squats are actually easier than standard ones, as the object you hold in front of you acts as a counter-weight. You can use dumbbells if you have some, but any heavy object such as a dictionary will do. Start with a 5kg weight and move down in weight progressively in 1 kg increments until you can do unassisted pistols.

I used to do them and they were a tad bit easier.

>How did it start?

Probably a combination of tricep overwork and bad office ergonomics. Started with a sharp pain in right elbow, not I have pain from the elbow to the wrists, on both arms, when working.

If I work out, the pain only reappears on the right elbow, specially with dips (which I've stopped doing). Doing pushups on my fists helped a lot, but I still can't push it.

I think I could use 1 or 2 months break, but I can't do that when working. This is the worst injury I've had in my life, it's fucking crippling.

Is Chris Heria THENX program legit or just generic sellout shit?

you have bad arm position for mouse, then, spend at least 14h in front of PC, wrist pain went away when I adjusted my arm position, your whole forearm has to rest on a table, no carpel tunnel syndrome either, if only your wrists touches the table, you are going to have a bad time

post it

yea, which means it's a mobility not a strength issue

>you have bad arm position for mouse

I have vertical mouse, arm supports, everything. No use now, I really need rest and mobility exercises.

no exercising man, just rest, even when resting the pain didn't go away for 3 months, then started to subside
>vertical mouse
doesn't fucking matter, what matters is where tension in arm is formed, you have to keep your elbow supported, don't let your elbow hang on the tables edge, relax your shoulder, move mouse with wrist only

How heavy were your xiaopengs?

Youch, been there more or less. Give this thread a go. gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5284-elbowwrist-prehab-routine/

Also do lots of reps of wall push-ups or lighter so long as there's no pain to get some blood in there. If you can, go for a massage weekly.

no more than 4.25kg famaland

Is it safe for me to do 1 arm hangs? I'm only a 140 lb manlet. I've been looking for something to do along with weighted pullups. Will I injure my tendons?

>fill it with heavy shit like water bottles to use as a makeshift weight, try to hold it on the leg behind your knee
I was responding to the suggestion to do diddlies. I'll work the kickbacks into my routine. Thanks! Would you happen to know of something for hamstrings?

im too stupid to get this.
Should i do the exercise at the left? So whats the point of this table at the right side? Cant understand the whole idea 'movement/exercise'

I've got iron parrallettes and been using them to supplant my weight training
how much harder are press-ups supposed to be on bars? i'm a lot weaker than off the floor, although declines are blasting up upper chest

Search for "Natural GHRs". Start with negatives. Can be done anywhere you can hold your feet or with someone else..

>hang on bar on your feet
>squat upside down

>look at picture
>read the post

how can you function day to day as a human bean?

if you do big 4, there not much you can do with Pbars to supplement your lifts, only wide grip pull ups

im not a native speaker.
but doing one rep and doing another rep from two different exercises seems stupid to me..
shouldnt i do the mobility between sets?

By 1 arm hangs, you mean just hanging from one arm or doing like a negative one arm chinup?

If it's just hanging, then sure. But keep the shoulder pushed down/activate lats. Not good to just passively hang with your shoulders a lot.

i'm mainly using them as lighter days between my weights days

you should rest on rest days, bw still stresses your body, no matter how 'lightweight' it seems

>Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility between reps
what on earth don't you understand?

>Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility between SETS

So how quickly can I expect to progress with this? Does it really take three months just to move up by one level? That would mean 7 years of to reach the final levels

that feel when I have only 7 kg and 1.5 kg. I do one set xiaopeng forwards with the 7kg plates and then one with the 1.5 because they are fucking exhausting. Don't want to fuck my shit up senpai

alright

as quickly as the mastery table suggests, unless you are on gear or something

I have adjustable dumb bells, the handle is 2kg or 2.25 or 2.5 I don't remember, I have plates from 0.5kg to 20kg desu, my bar is also non standard at 7kg (it's a 'curl' bar).

How far apart should dip bars be? I don't have any, but there's a general purpose fitness park thingy near with some parallel bars that seem like they could do the job, though perhaps a little far apart .

So 12 weeks per level.

Well I have some work ahead of me then. At least I'm already halfway through some of the progressions already, I'll be sure to check my form though

Can someone give me feedback on this routine? I've just started 1 week ago and I'm at the beginning of the progression for all of these. I'm also incorporating some dumbell exercises.

Day 1:

Squats: 3 x 12

Side Leg Lifts: 3 x 20

Planks: 30-60 seconds

Pushups: 3 x 12

Crunches: 3 x 12

Leg Raises: 3 x 12

Dumbell Curls: 3 x 12

Arnold Press: 3 x 12

Front Shoulder Raises 3 x 12

Lateral Shoulder Raises: 3 x 12

Calf Raises: 3 x 12

Day 2:

Dips: 3 x 12

Horizontal Pulls: 3 x 12

Pullups: 3 x 12

Lying Hip Extension: 3 x 12

Dumbell Goodmornings: 3 x 12

Lateral Dumbell Rows: 3 x 12

Bent Over Rows: 3 x 12

French Press: 3 x 12

Calf Raises: 3 x 12

Also I start and end every routine with dynamic and static stretches respectively.

Been doing bw for a year now, I do db curls for that sick arm gains, rest is full bw, when should I start training for skill? I always felt like I was too weak to start, I can do muscles up but I got shit form, what do, any skill work out routine? Progression? Can't find anything good :/

Work on muscle up form
Handstands
Levers
Flags

for dips, a little wider than shoulders, but you can do single bar dips for that, if you want

aye, bw is not for 'get jacked in 1y to get gf then get fat' it's more of a lifestyle

>crunches
>good mornings
don't do those

too much volume on single muscle groups

if you follow Foundation, you work on skill while progressing, which skills specifically?

What's the calories burned per hour on some beginner tier bodyweight routines? I doubt its much to even matter but I was just curious, calculations online seem to be all over the place

how many calories does a single muscle contraction burn, on average?

about 3.5

what's the formula for cell stress on calories burned?

Wtf brehs
Im fairly advanced on the starting bodyweight routine, like 3/4 of the way through the progressions.
Tried doing foundation 1, pe1 mastery was hard but doable.
Comepletely failed everything on the pe2 mastery. This shit is brutal. I've training for years and now i feel like a day 1 noob. And its gonna take years to progress through just the PE masteries.

at least you didn't waste more time on that shit
try doing just 3x3 for all levels, see where you stop, meaning you have strength for it but lack stamina

Yeah its the endurance thats killer, theres almost no rest. I havent been training bw all that time, did lifting and running. Its humbling to have to go back to basics.
Is it all right to attempt weeks 4 or 8 and if successful, work from there?

>don't do good mornings
why

hey dudes, I come to you from the realm of SS. I have extreme difficulty with BW Exercises. I struggle to do more than a single chin up. Is it something to do with my hypermobile joints, or am I just shit at them?

Anything I can do to improve? Any sort of "pull" motion is something I struggle with.

youtube.com/watch?v=O6Y3WDY1tUo
about 6mins in

you can rest for 5mins between sets if you feel like you lack endurance, it will come eventually
and yes, you can find a starting point, if you have the strength and endurance for it

if you did SS you did DL so those should help, can you do 3x3 negative chin ups? if you can, start there

Never tried doing negative chin ups, but I'll give it a shot. Maybe it's something to do with my proportions, I'm very stocky. I can Deadlift a little over two plates.

How closely tied are forearm strength and ability to do planche? I did wrist PU type shit, basically two forearm exercises, yesterday and I can't push for shit into a tuck planche, let alone straighten back etc. I usually do a AxAx type thing, sometimes with 2 or 3 rest days if I'm really not feeling.

like foundation suggest, take 10s lowering yourself

it's pretty important, forearms and deltoids are the ones worked the most in planche (I think)

About skills, all I do is strength but I want to be able to be more mobile with it, like muscle ups, levers, planche , maybe handstands, any good mobility workouts? I always felt that I was too weak to start them

Thanks, I'll focus on them for now, before forcing planche progression.

your forearms keep your feet of the ground and your deltoids keep your face from smashing the ground

so just try something from the progression of those skills in foundation, to something you do now

it's too much stuff to do at once also how do you plan to progress with this routine on a weekly basis?