I'm tired of being fat. How do I start this whole "fitness" thing? Sorry if you get these posts 24/7...

I'm tired of being fat. How do I start this whole "fitness" thing? Sorry if you get these posts 24/7, I obviously don't visit this board too often.

bump

you read to stooky

Read the sticky.

Count calories.

Work out.

that sticky is old, we need something new or better at least

Nothing has changed mate, if you count your calories, plan your meals and work out. You will lose weight, it just takes willpower, dedication and wanting it more than that slice of pizza.

There is no easy/new/better method, take the advice of those who have walked this path before you, pull your finger out and do it.

go to myfitnesspal set up your shit. Put in your goals and set it to lose 1-2 lbs a week. Count your calories and track your meals. Go to the gym and get adequate protein and carbs by switching to meats and veggies for most of your meals. Eat carbs and protein pre and post work out at least.

LIFT WEIGHTS and supplement it with cardio. You'll lose weight. After you go and do that shit read the sticky to get into the finer details when you get to a manageable level and you'll be where you need to be.

Thanks you guise

I might be wrong but i see nothing wrong with the Sticky.
Even after reading 10+ books about working out and nutriting Sticky stays a valid reference and read i recommend.
Nothing has changed in the world of working out, principles are the same, so im very curious why you think its outdated

Download My Fitness Pal right fucking now.

Log absolutely every morsel of food, measured to the exact milligram, that travels through your digestive tract.

Don't bother with measuring how much exercise you do, you'll just fall into the trap of "Oh, I burned so many calories today, I can reward myself with Maccas" and you'll end up relapsing like I have (still trying to get back on track).

Drink pretty much nothing but water. Add little or no milk to your tea and coffee.

NO. FUCKING. SOFT. DRINK.

Don't go for the chocolate eclair or muffin at the cafe. Have a sandwich or a wrap or some shit instead.

Drink more water.

Don't skip breakfast.

No dessert.

Drink more water.

Try to keep bread consumption to a minimum.

Drink more water.

Don't eat after 9:00PM.

Seriously, carry around a 2L bottle filled with water around the house and have 250ml (about a glass) every two hours. Water is your best friend.

Don't stress if you fluctuate, water weight can account for at least 5lb of your actual weight.

You can do it brah.

What about sugar?

At the start, I'd just focus on cutting down the amount of calories.

Cut all sugar. It will be hard at first but after a month or 2 you won't have cravings anymore.

Oh I see

I am not Op
I've been jogging for 1 year now but I am still fat. Like I was 110kg when I started and now my weight is 85. I always wondered why my results are awful but after reading your post I noticed that I usually most eat after 9pm which must be the reason, but my concern was the sugar

Good for you man
I'm proud of you user
you're taking the first active steps towards success and a better life
Good luck and Godspeed!

It doesn't matter at all what time of day you eat your food when it comes to weight loss.

calories in, calories out

Law of thermodynamics is going to show you that calories in/calories out is all that matters.

Read the sticky. Track calories with MyFitnessPal and a food scale. Stop eating out and eat homemade healthy stuff.

Lift consistently.

This boards sticky is one of the best sticky's in any fitness related board on the internet. By not reading it you're hurting your chances.

Read it again.

>NO. FUCKING. SOFT. DRINK.
/sips/ in disagreement

sips are zero calories arent they?

Jogging is fucking meme tho. Walking is best for fat burning.