Small wins thread

>stuck on 50kg bench for a while
>can push out a set, but then I have to lower the fat
>feeling so fucking strong today
>do a warmup, then rack up 60kg
>psych myself up
>manage to push out 3 reps

Felt so fucking good. Finally at 1pl8 on bench. This was my goal before July. Managed to hit it with plenty of time before then.

Also post other small victories

good for you. I hit 1 1/2 plate on squat today, I started with just the bar several months ago.

Deadlifted 80kg today after 7 months of training. Soon I'll hit 2pl8

why is everyone in this thread so shit???

Good on you gymlets, make us proud, you're all gonna make it.

Been stuck on 4pl8s deadlift for about a year now. Lately I met a chill dude that has more or less the same powerlifting/general strength routine that I have, but all his lisfts are about 20% heavier than me.

Motivated as fuark, I did 425lbs x3

You dont "hit 1pl8" before you can do it for reps and sets.

Yeah Im sure that every powerlifting and olympic lifting meet

demands sets and reps

STFU

Either you can lift the weight

or you cant

this aint fucking aerobics class

Yeah I wouldn't consider 1 set of less than 5 reps 1pl8. It's good progress and means you're pretty close. But I usually consider 5x5 on a compound to mean I hit it.

Please tell me you are fucking joking.

Hitting xpl8 =/= 1 RM

faggot brigade is here!

T. When I started I was 2/3/4/5

Nice congrats I bet that felt awesome

lmfao @ u weak cucks

i started at 10/20/30/40 and im not talking about plates im talking about fucking full dumbbell racks

Not everyone is you dude when I started I was 68kg 6'2". How come you enjoy trying to make other people feel worse than you do?

shitting on new lifters is such a beta mentality. probably means you still haven't let go of the bitterness from your life as a fatty/skelly. never gonna truly make it when you're still bitchmode inside.

For actual weights, sure. But we're talking 1pl8 bench here. Not exactly an achievement.

Have been at 140kg x 1 on squat for a while. Recently have trained leg press, extensions and ham curls more.

Racked up 140 the other day and squatted 6 clean reps with it. Gym mires all around. Good times.

1pl8 totals at 40kg. You've been above 1 pl8 for a while. Next up: 3pl8s m8

Fuck off you inbred shit

Good job, bruh. You've made daddy proud!

He was using kg's, illiterate Yank.

yeah m8 i don't consider anything until i can do it for 20 reps

fucking faggot, if someone says he can bench 2 plate it's 1RM, not whatever faggy rep scheme he is doing. Last time I checked they aren't testing 5RMs in powerlifting

>not counting the bar

Why do you guys have to shit up every thread with this e-stat shit?
Yes, we know that you know it's ironic. That doesn't magically make it funny or interesting.

Stop.
Posting.

nice men

man this arab guy kills me

is that you in pic?

I started at 1pl8 wtf

wtf I started at 2pl8

It fucking is if you started out not being able to lift anything near that.

Not everyone starts from the same place.

benched 225 1x2 for the first time in my life yesterday, so im feeling good. Nice to make gains

wth i started at 5pl9

What's your 5rm? I have been doing sets of 5 at 205 but have not tried for 225 for a long time. Good progress dude.

>hit the gym 2 hours later than usual
>back day
>gyms completely fucking packed basically everything is full
>see resident gym Gorillas with 1 plate loaded on barbell on ground
>go ask how many sets they got left
>were just getting started with deadlift bro first warm-up, but your welcome to work in
>idk about that these guys are pretty big
>decide to do it just for the sake of saving time
>cruise through warmups
>begin working sets
>3 plates 2 sets of 10
>gorilla says "let's load up 4"
>they get 4-5 reps in, I land a solid 10
>"you wanna go heavier big dog?"
>.....oh your talking to me? Sure uh let's go for 500lbs
>crank out 5 reps with gym Gorillas shouting encouragement at me, every rep thundering through gym
>"goddam bro your a fucking monster!"
>high 5's all around
>they drop down to 4 plates again
>look In mirror, body dismorphic disorder still shows me a scrawny weakfag ;_;
>do 4 plates for 6 reps then 3 plates for 2 more sets of 10
>at least I mad buddies with the big boys

Finally hit 1pl8 bench for 5x5 yesterday, started from the bar in December feels so fucking good

reminder that if you can't get 1/2/3/4 within a year of lifting then you are mentally weak and aren't pushing yourself and will never make it

How's your bench though?

OP 1pl8 is 20kg on each side brah, you already did it, unless you were counting the bar.

>Tfw must have some sort of either neurological disorder or spinal issue, because I push much harder with my right side and my right side is extremely dominant with lifts, making me twist my body or diagonally tilt when I squat.

Broke my bench plateau of 100kg of like a year, and making progress finally im up to 120kg now and still going up.

that's just shit form lad. lower your weight.

I think it might be more than that. It seems my body has a natural tilt to it and it might be something to do with either my nervous system or my joints, which are double-jointed. In every single lift, I tilt and twist to the right and I have no idea why. My right side is also my stretchiest.

Speaking of that, my joints sometimes hurt during exercise, particularly my shoulders, which are the stretchiest. They hurt whenever I bench or OHP in particular. Anything I can do? Should I wear special bracers of some sort?

>Couldn't bench 405 for AT LEAST a single in his first week
>Ever progressing enough to make it
You poor sods

Fix those imbalances son. Start at a weight that you don't twist on and progress back up to what you lift now.

Are you guys skeletons? My wife's squat and diddly was 2plate after 3 weeks of SS and she's 5'4 110

Not sure about 5 rep max but I'll have to check sometime. I got excited after checking what the "projected max" would be after the last 5 weeks and just went for 225 after a few warm up sets. Couldn't get 230, but rested a bit and put 225 up again.

I'm probably going to just feed this weeks PRs back into the program since I had good results on it

Mine too, i dont have scoliosis or anything but my traps are significantly asymmetric, my left knee and hip and my right ankle are really unflexible and i think 1 leg is longer. This is why i stay away from barbell rows and switched my leg day for running, im about to run a half-marathon and i didnt feel like i lost anything dropping all the squatting and deadlifting

Post boi pussy

Reckon it's a muscle imbalance? Man, I hope not. I don't wanna go back down and waste time, but maybe I'll simply have to...

Man, it sucks so much having these shitty joints that make lifting difficult or painful. I hate my genetics, but I can't do much about them, I just wish there was a way to fix the problem. I can't run, because it wears out my joints even faster, but I also can't lift properly, but I can't stretch either and be some sort of acrobat because my joints are too fragile. What CAN I do? Serious question, what should someone like me even focus on, in terms of athletics? What sould my goal and focus be, if I have hypermobility?

Enjoy while it lasts. I am 3 months in and benching 72.5 kgs 3x5 and feel weak as fuck. When I will bench 85+ kgs 3x5 when I will be somewhat satisfied.

I'm assuming there is a weight that you don't twist at, but if there isn't you might want to see a phyiotherapist or something just be sure.

345 for 2 reps is my best yet

There isn't, my right side is always dominant and the bar is always twisted on squats. Maybe I DO need to see a physio.

This is my spine. I know you're no doctor but, if you had to guess, would you say there is something wrong?

On a cut so I'm pretty satisfied, Did my 20 minute run to the gym, Then jump on the elliptical for 65 minutes. On level 14.

Why do you have x-rays of your spine on hand? Also, I don't know what to look for, so can't help you.

I had them done because I needed it for health reasons. And no worries, thanks anyways.

Nice trips.

I'm also on a cut, getting back into running, gradually increasing my distance. Gone from 1 mile to 2.1 in the last week and a half, averaging about 7:30 mile pace.

>implying 405 dl makes you not a gymlet

Finally am able to use 5pl8 for working sets on dl and 4pl8 for working sets on squats
Feels good

>tfw finally hit 3pl8 diddly
>started with the bar in january

SS + GOMAD

Nice. I've been doing SS for 9 weeks. Not GOMAD, though. I'm up to a lil over 2pl8.

Is it normal for your squat and deadlift to be really close together?

smaller you are the easier it is because of the leverages

According to the book.

"In a trained athlete, the deadlift will be stronger than the squat, the squat stronger than the
bench press, the bench press and the power clean close with the bench usually a little stronger,
and the press lighter than the other four. This distribution holds for the majority of athletes, and
is predictive of what should happen. For example, if you bench more than you deadlift,
something is out of whack. You may have a grip problem, an injury, or a motivational
discontinuity, e.g. a strong dislike for the deadlift. In any case, this situation should be addressed
lest a strength imbalance cause problems for other lifts. "

hmm, that's odd. It's just because of how I started and the way I naturally progressed. I never skimp out on deadlifting or Squatting, so maybe my muscles were at roughly the same equilibrium. They'll probably just adjust naturally if I keep increasing the weight, with one becoming more difficult and me making slower gains, right?

Mine was fairly close for a while at the beginning. About 20-30+lbs. Once you get your squat up higher the diddly will start pulling away.

No it wasn't.

>wife
Kek congrats on signing a legal document agreeing you cannot breakup with your girlfriend without giving her our house and part of your income

>without giving her our house and part of your income
>our

I'm so sorry user

>implying deadlifting your bodyweight isn't good for an intermediate
Dude do you even go to the gym???

Yeah bitch he hit it for 1x1. Does it require 3x5, 3x8, 5x5, or 3x12? Stop with your bullshit.

what the fuck is the guy in the red shirt doing!?

Making fun of his friend in the foreground who's acting like 3.5pl8 sumo is a world shattering event.

Nigga like what?? I'm a skinny fat lanklet with a 6"7 wingspan at 6'3 and my noodles were able to bench 175 first day in gym

Whoopie fucking doo. News alert, OP and you are different people. Don't shit on someone's accomplishments you skinny fuck. I was able to bench 185 for reps on my first day of the gym at 6' 4". Amazingly, no-one gave a fuck. As long as someone is improving themselves at a good pace, then you got shit to say. Am I fucking salty? Maybe. Regardless, go fuck yourself.

Is this true though. I've been training weights hard for 5 months now and I managed to go from .5/1/1.25/1.5 to .75/1.5/1.75/2.25

How the fuck am I supposed to get to 1/2/3/4 in just another 6 months. The squat is what seems the farthest away.

I didn't spurge out when asking the Pt qt3.14 if i could leave my bag somewhere because i forgot my lock.

Spoiler alert. she said its fine and put it in her changing room

>Yeah bro I reached 1/2/3/4 for 1 rep tho but I did it and ur all faggits.

Go drink a fat bottle of bleach my friend

Congratulations

Half reps spotted. Idk why people shit on one plate as if 75% of their gym isn't lifting that or less.

It's only up from here, my max was 1pl8 around christmas and now I'm up to 170lb

Well, this is a pretty small win considering it's below average and frankly, by fit standards rather weak but I was able to hit 265 3x6 on Deadlifts after struggling for a few weeks.

That being said, my squat weight actually surpasses my dl weight. I can hit 275 3x6 on squatting...shouldn't my DL be higher?

What might I be doing wrong to have a weak DL compared to my squat?

P.S. I've been lifting seriously for about 3 months now.

Deadlift and squats are literally the two lifts that women excel at, due to their lower body strength being comparable to men when untrained

this triggers me but good job to advance.

what a clusterfuck this vidya is
flash and mohammed are classic

Ok den

1 day sober
>holy shit how big of a loser must I be to just not do one thing I know is bad for me