Proper edition

Proper edition

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJhNnbRHCbE
health.harvard.edu/digestive-health/is-something-in-your-diet-causing-diarrhea
youtube.com/watch?v=W1fiGJxkFWU
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3680567/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25546413
clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT02132091
clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02770313
dietdoctor.com/real-association-butter-heart-disease-sweden
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>no title

Don't count your calories. Just stop eating.

youtube.com/watch?v=wJhNnbRHCbE

>starving yourself is what you should be doing instead of being on a normal deficit.

It just doesn't seem like such a good idea to do this to yourself.

cant make everyone happy

Maybe watch the video before you post again to avoid looking stupid.

i didn't get to finish all my sets today at the gym due to panic attack and anxiety, i quickly got up and did cardio instead and went home

>watch before you post to avoid looking stupid

Alright

>The reason were hungry all the time is because of our high insulin!

That's literally all you need to know that this video is a waste of fucking time, fucktard.

Enjoy staying fat, kiddo.

>enjoy staying fat
>have cut over 50lbs over the past year and well on my way to the goal

Why do you come on here? did you jump on that guy's bandwagon and are too fucking stupid to admit it's mentally and physically wrong to starve yourself? Do you want to pull more retards like yourself into this shit so you can feel like you're not the only dumbass that fell for it? oh, you'll lose weight. you'll lose mass alright you fucking mongoloid you'll lose muscle.

Someone who fails to look into my eyes ONCE in 32 minutes clearly is saying the truth.

What makes you think it's wrong to fast? Hunter-gatherers did it all the time. It also has a slew of benefits besides fat loss.

>you'll lose muscle

Nah.

Lol

>you wont lose muscle over starvation

Just get the fuck out already, you're the one that called someone else stupid for calling you out but at this point, everyone else knows you're not mentally healthy.

>Just stop eating.
>doesn't even advocate fasting that much, rather proposes a calorie restricted LCHF diet
watch your own vids before posting them please

Eat until the hunger just hurts a little, drink coffee and 0 cal drinks to supress hunger. Good luck.

They do the same thing. Fasting will just get you there much faster.

He advocates LCHF with a moderate protein intake (about 15% of total cals) to spare some muscle in the process. Total starvation will make you feel like shit, what essentially is IF keto as far as I understood him will only for the first bit.

coffee makes me want to eat more...

i ate an entire bacon,sausage,jalepno pizza yesterday from Domino's, and a blue cupcake, a chocolate twinkie, and had 3 cokes, 3 pancakes, 3 sausages (from mcdonalds and 2 bacon)

please tell me why i do these things

for almost 2 weeks i did so good, was eating under 1,500 calories (mostly salad and peanuts) and worked out until i physically couldn't anymore and the sweat filled my eyes, but i just failed? :(

Technically you aren't starving until you run out of fat stores to burn for fuel.

Fat is designed to be energy storage after all. A person who is 50lbs overweight may get hungry by not eating but is at no risk of starvation anytime soon.

you're weak willed and addicted to food
gj on relapsing, fat fuck

>Total starvation will make you feel like shit

Only for a few days - just like keto will. Once you're adapted, however, you start burning your body fat and you barely feel hunger.

How do you count the calories from dinner?

Is diarrhea bad for you?
I have constant diarrhea since I started drinking coffee and supplementing creatine

It's annoying but if it's not that bad then I'll just let it be and let that sit run down lol

Yes

I'm doing meal prep for work, so I don't buy any mayo and bacon sandwiches when I'm there or order any fast foods.

Worked wonders so far, I'm mainly sticking to broccoli, chicken, and rice or sweet potatoes diet.

I want to order some proton powder to make shakes between meals, though I'm still trying to think of stuff I could much on sometimes - any good Veeky Forums snacks when I'm trying to lose weight?

Eat more fiber maybe? Should help.

I meal prep too and it works wonders

I couldn't resist the temptation and went to subway every day but now I meal prep and lose weight and I'm saving a lot of money
Snacks I drink protein shakes or psyllium husk powder or eat canned tuna salads or a banana

I eat a lot of fiber already and my breakfast includes 100g of berries and snacks I have celery and peanut butter a lot so now I just have to find out if it's creatine or coffee that causes my diarrhea

>surrounding by ~10kg of chocolate in my house
>have been able to resist for three days but wavering
Give me your strength, fatties

yes, it's bad for you.

having diarrhea literally dehydrates your system a shit ton, and means you're probably doing something wrong with your diet.

You said you've been drinking coffee, but if you have a shit ton of caffeine, that could be it.

health.harvard.edu/digestive-health/is-something-in-your-diet-causing-diarrhea

if you change your diet and still have it, you probably have a bacterial infection or something along those lines.

Started my cut today

2200 calories a day
Running 4.5 miles a week
Lifting 3-4x a week

97kg at 6'0
Trying to lean out at 90kg

but that's normal weight?

stop putting sugar and cream in it fatty

90kg is the highest I'm allowed in the air force

Thanks user
I started drinking two cups of double espressos daily at the office about two weeks ago and this weekend I didn't drink any and had a solid shit

I also didn't take creatine because I was traveling so I hope it's the caffeine and not the creatine because I can live without the coffee

I legit once stopped eating chocolate by just buying a huge bar of one and letting it just sit there every day. Whenever I wanted to eat something sweet outside home, I reminded myself I had chocolate at home. Once I got home, I didn't want to eat it and did everything to forget about sweets. Worked like a charm.

My BMR is 2350 and my tdee is 3600
How long can I shred at 1800 kcal daily until I want to kill myself?

Yeah, but when you break up fat to burn it you als increase FFA lvl in your blood. You risk acidosis, since you induce the state that's pretty much the same as diabetes

forever

I feel like I'm starving already though

drink more water

You are starving, you have to learn to deal with it

The message of this video is true but the delivery is cringeworthy. Check out dietdoctor if anyone wants to really look into the idea of fasting.

Our fat is food for our bodies when we don't have food. Muscle is not taken from hardly if at all. Why would our bodies eat muscle when it stored the fat to eat later.

You can not eat for months at a time if you're above 4% bodyfat with essintial vitamins and electrolytes. I can't even come to this board anymore I keep getting triggered by all these morons who are afraid to try new things while I'm over here blasting out 2 pounds a week eating 1k calories a day in one meal, sometimes just not eating.

Stay fat closed-mindies.

I can't
I already drink more than a gallon a day

>please tell me why i do these things
because you're a disgusting piece of shit
fucking stop, that's so gross.

Remember that fat guy exercising next to you 4 months ago? No? Exactly
Just realise that noone cares about strangers and do your thing famme

I miss shitting big turds.

Also is it ok to do pushups to the medium height? I just can't complete 5 straight push ups.

"Technically" you're making shit up. You lose muscle no matter what, but you can minimize this with smaller caloric deficits.

The body prefers having fat stores and will burn muscle first if you shock the system with starvation.

What should I make for dinner today, /fat/?

You know the deal lad, chicken and rice. Spring some paprika.

+1

Same thing we eat every day to leave humanity behind, Pinky.

In the past 8 weeks I've lost

>4 inches off my waist
>4 inches off my hips
>2 inches off my arms

Is this good for two months? The scale hasn't changed so I'm starting to worry that I'm doing it wrong.

If the scale hasn't changed, it means you lost fat and gained muscle. Be happy.

Yeah, I'm happy with the visual progress, I'm just surprised I haven't lost a single pound in two months.

Same happening to me
Blessed

How can I make this cut go faster?

Its been half a day and I'm demotivated by lack of progress

>The message of this video is true but the delivery is cringeworthy.

Lol. I like him, he seems like a nice guy.

>I can't even come to this board anymore I keep getting triggered by all these morons who are afraid to try new things

I'm starting to get that way too

Sorry mang.

It's hard for me because I can't gauge how I actually look very well, so although the tape says I'm losing all these inches, I always convince myself I'm measuring wrong and I look worse than ever. Boyfriend thinks it's body dysmorphia but I think I'm just realistic. It'd be so much easier if the scale just caught up.

Reminder that the underlying factor of obesity is not calories, its insulin, or rather insulin resistance.

Get to know this smart gentleman, Dr. Fung. His argument is that insulin and insulin resistance are the enemy in terms of obesity, not caloric intake. It’s about eating foods that keep your insulin low. It’s also about eating once or twice in a 6 to 10 hour window and then fasting until you eat the next day at break-FAST. This gives the body enough time to clean out the glycogen stores and get to the fat you want to lose.

Fasting has been lost in our culture in the last 100 years. Mainly because you can’t make money telling people not to eat and you can’t sell pills to healthy people, but I digress. Fasting is an ancient practice found in practically all religions. It makes evolutionary sense as well. If you haven’t eaten in a while you don’t want your body to shut down, you want it to rev up so you can get out there and find some food.

The Nobel Prize winner of 2016, Yoshinori Ohsumi, also found an amazing body function called Autophagy. It’s basically a house cleaning mechanism activated during fasting that has profound effects such as preventing cancer, anti-aging, and metabolizing loose skin, just to name a few.

Oh, and worried that you’ll lose muscle mass on a fast? Your body always goes for the fat stores first, that’s what it’s there for. Why chop up the sofa if you have firewood available. In fact, in males, your Human Growth Hormone (HGH) increases up to 2000% while fasting. Source:
youtube.com/watch?v=W1fiGJxkFWU

This thread is for Obese or overweight people who have questions about intermittent fasting and the diet involved.

Here’s Dr. Fungs talk where CICO is basically blown the fuck out. Highly recommended.
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

Went to the nutricionist yesterday and he gave me this diet.

Breakfast (7:30)
>2 slices of Rye bread
>1 Smashed egg or 50g Tomato or 50g Chicken
>1 Cup of tea

1st Snack (10:00)
>10 Almonds or 5 Nuts

Lunch (12:30 - 13:00)
>150g Chicken or Fish
>50g Rice or Whole Noodles
>200g Salad (Mostly greens + 50g tomato or carrot)

Dessert (1hr after lunch)
>1 Apple or Pear

2nd Snack (17:00 - 18:00)
>1 Cup of tea
>1 Slice of Rye bread
>50g Chicken or 1 boiled Egg

Dinner (20:00 - 21:00)
>150ml Chicken soup or Veggie soup

How many calories is this? I'm a 275lb 5'5 manlet.

Forgot to mention that I don't put sugar on my tea.

how I build muscle if I dont eat?

Eat as little as possible, assume it's 1000kcal anyways. That's what I do. 300-400 for breakfast, 100 for lunch 1000 for dinner, 300 for supper-

You don't.

DO NOT DO THIS. Your nutritionist is a fucking asshole. This has you eating all day and your insulin levels will be through the roof. Unless you're trying to gain weight, DO NOT DO THIS.

You need your insulin levels to go down or you'll develop diabetes. Jesus Christ... they always say ask your doctor but good lord... that's disturbing.

Not bad, user.

Don't listen to the idiot here, we have no idea where he came from and why he's trolling these threads.

>32 minutes

Bitch, I ain't watching a 32 minute video that I know is going to ramble on about fucking nothing. That's as long as a uni lecture. If I'm not learning at least a sixteenth of a hard science textbook worth of content in that time it can't possibly break even.

Holy shit. Yes, go ahead, bathe your body in insulin all day and expect to lose fat. After all, calories in, calories out, right?

Watch if you actually want to lose fat.

Articles on IF
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3680567/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25546413

IF Studys
clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT02132091

Ongoing
clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02770313

I'm trying to help bud. You can fact check everything I say.

All you have to do is eat 1 or 2 meals a day within a 6 to 10 hour window and then fast until you eat the next day. This will keep your insulin levels low and you will shed weight easily.

Eat high fat / low carb diets. The fat will help satiate you so you don't want to eat so much. Protein is fine just stay away from processed meats. Carbs are literally kryptonite to fat people. They are VERY insulinogenic, especially refined carbs.

Don't snack like they say you should. This will spike your insulin and you will NEVER give your cells a chance to reduce their insulin resistance.

You don't have to listen to me, but god I hope you do, for your own safety. I'm not trolling, I have nothing to gain. I just want to help.

>where CICO is basically blown the fuck out

And that's how you know it's not worth watching.

what about the fact that thousands of people who have followed his advice lost fat effortlessly? is it still not worth watching?

>Eat high fat / low carb diets. The fat will help satiate you

Jesus fuck.

Do you think he's wrong or something?

>starving for half a day
>effortlessly

How many of those thousands kept their weight low? Some 5 year studies perhaps?
I'm not saying the practical application won't work, I'm doing IF myself, it's just that the "science" behind it is complete garbage. You cannot circumvent CICO.

i don't see how you can be doing IF and think that it's difficult to fast. is your diet full of simple carbs?

POLAKI NA MOIM FIT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes.
The fat will fill you up, about just as well as fibrous carbs and protein, for the price of over twice the caloric value and giving you heart disease.

sup fatlads,

trying to cut, I already just eat one balanced, normal meal at lunch, my problem specifically is gorging myself on bread or worse at dinner time. I don't snack.

Now, as I see it, all I need is an alternative for dinner that's not salted butter, white bread, or burger and fries.

anyone got healthy dinner favorites?

>fat causes heart disease

consider moving the meal to dinnertime

Yes it's a fact universally agreed on by all the health organizations in the world.

sadly Lunch has a kinda important social component at my job, and I don't eat breakfast / get out of work pretty late.

Not eating lunch means sitting 10hrs at work without eating anything, not eating dinner just means 4hrs being distracted by gaming/shitposting till I have to hit the hay

or would it be really that beneficial, metabolism-wise?

it would be the same as eating at lunch, but obviously you won't need to snack after eating.

the social component is important though.

i'd say make your lunch a bit smaller and eat a small but healthy meal for dinner.

and yet, when intake of natural fat increases, heart disease decreases. interesting, isn't it?

dietdoctor.com/real-association-butter-heart-disease-sweden

NATURAL FAT
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA STAY FAT FUCKING FATTY FUCK

>butter isn't natural fat

kys yourself my man

lchf in general got very popular in sweden around that time.