Would you train your child, Veeky Forums?

Would you train your child, Veeky Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=_zexsO5fQpE

Yes, of course, why wouldn't I want my kids to grow up to be healthy and strong?

The parents in that documentary are fucked up and hurting their children. Just like pageant moms.

>it's fucked up to push your kids to be as successful as possible
Retarded thinking like this is why the Western World is turning to shit and why China will probably be a superpower within a few decades

It has a lot to do with what the child wants as well. If your child ejoys lifting and getting strong then push all ypu want. But forcing a child into a life they don't feel at home in will just lead to disaster. More then likely you will achieve the opposite of what you tried

Edgy opinion you've got there. I guarantee you were not pushed to powerlift at 7 years old by your parents, but it's cool that you want to pretend that it's a good thing just so you can argue on the side of fitness.

Take your pseudo-psychology and shove it up your ass. My kid will be the youngest to climb Everest, he'll lead a life of accomplishment and hard work. Generation of "men" raised by single mothers strikes again!

If it leads to disaster then why are there so many Chinese doctors and athletes that are highly successful despite being forced to pursue their profession by their parents?

Enjoy being old and lonely and bitter :) for all I know your kid might enjoy that but you are taking a risk. Listen to your kid. And I'm actually working on my masters in child psychology but I don't think you would care about that field of work on your comfortable bobble

check suicide and emigration rates

I'm saying it does, I'm saying it might. My while point is that all children are different. A parents tunnel vision might harm the child's development more than it helps. You only hear the success stories and not about all the kids who hate their parents and end up rebelling to an extreme extent

I'm not saying it does*

>I'm actually working on my masters in child psychology

Top kek, psychology is a pseudoscience

Alot of it is stupid I agree. I started out as just a teacher but got interested in child behaviour and wanted to learn more about it. I'm in it to help children and understand them. I don't care about mainstream psychology and that practice

Note however the total lack of success stories about kids who achieved greatness after being raised by parents that weren't at all strict and let their kids do whatever they wanted. Too strict is always better than not strict enough.

You would be suprised how many normal active and happy citizens are raised by "normal" parents. I'm on of them. Not everybody has to win a Nobel peace prize. I'm with you that no dicipline is bad and ALOT of parents don't care enough. But pushing your 7 year old to powerlifting is an extreme on the other side of the scale

I see your point but I still stand by my statement that too strict is always better than not strict enough. Children are lazy little cunts, they'd do nothing but sit in bed playing vidya and eating junk if you let them. It's no coincidence that practically every successful person on earth had strict parents or guardians that pushed them to succeed.

The world of powerlifting in general consists of man-children and bitter losers. Apparently these subhumans now try to live through their children.

t. powerlifter

Only after he hits puberty.

And you have every right to stick to it. I don't agree with your statement about children tho. Dude i work with them and play with them 5 days a week. In my eyes they are beings with almost infinite amounts of energy and drive, IF they are having fun. I'm talking about ages 3 to 13 btw. Teenagers are a whole different beast. These success stories you talk about is most likely a mix between strict and devoted parents and a child that is having a genuine interest in the field that us presented to it. I can assure you that there is just as many stories of failure and anger where the parents are pushing but the child is not having the same interest.

I'm gonna push them but not in some retarded powerlifting. More about BW Training and martial arts

fuck this narrator

like maybe he's got a point that powerlifting's not good when your spine and bones are super malleable as a child, but that's a medical argument he doesn't explicitly make.

He's also a fucking skelly that just doesn't understand how pushing yourself through lifting works.

Lifting from that young an age is a fucking terrible idea. You'd have to be a compete mongoloid to do that to your kid.

nope. Might get him to swim though so he can get a solid athletic base without injuring himself, then he can start to lift from 16+ when he is a talentchad

Kids shouldn't be weight training. They should be doing body weight movements to increase work capacity.

After all, their growing body is causing progressive overload. Teach a kid to do pull-ups, one arm push-ups, and handstand push-ups early and watch as their strength grows with their body.

Once they are fully gown, put them on Starting Strength and their lower body will catch up rapidly.

Yes, absolutely. I wouldn't force them to do strength training until they're in their teens, and even then you need to go about it in a way that they don't develop a distaste for it.

They will be doing a sport of their choice of course.