What's the point of lifting if you don't do cardio?

What's the point of lifting if you don't do cardio?

What's the point of having muscles if you can't run/swim for shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BSAd1N7guxN/?taken-by=jessenorr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I do cardio with kettlebells

>Don't do cardio

Said no lifter, ever.

Your forgetting Zyzz

What's the point of cardio if you don't do lifting?

What's the point of being lean if you can't lift heavy ass weight?

>Said no lifter, ever.
Except on /fit

So I can crush your puny body human.

What's the point of heavily overeating on protein when your body can't use half of it?

What's the point of lifting when your problem is social anxiety and awkwardness?

It's not that I don't want to do it, I'm just too buggered out after everything else.

this is me

>Veeky Forums
>Lifting

>posts some skinny guy that I could outrun at 265lbs

skinny =/= good at cardio

> 265lbs
> running
Also
> 265lbs
> having so little running experience he doesnt know that skinny runners can go a lot farther and faster than meaty runners

Confirmed runlet

you mean pretty much every powerlifter on instagram ever

Those are marathon runners, they tend to be sinewy and have a very small amount of muscle mass whilst having low bodyfat.

The guy OP posted is a model not a runner, the OP's image is just an Auschwitz victim. I highly doubt he will be able to run faster or farther than anyone who exercises.

So you basically confirmed yourself that skinny and fit > huge and fit in terms of running.

instagram.com/p/BSAd1N7guxN/?taken-by=jessenorr

I dont think i've seen a powerlifter that doesn't recommend doing conditioning work, hell if you went into /plg/ and asked them about it im pretty sure they'll tell you do it.

As far as attempting to run long distances it's not part of the sport so I can see why they don't.

HIIT is superior in all ways to distance cardio.

I'm lifting for functional strength. I dont wanna grow to fast and be a bulky faggot. I don't wanna grow to slow and be bruce lee.

I care mostly about being healthy and disciplined. Big traps will only get in the way if I get into a fight. The plan is to lift a lot but to also do a lot of calisthenics. I also eat like someone who actually loves them self.

wat? All I was saying was the OP's image was retarded as the guy most likely doesn't do any sort of exercise, just avoids eating.

Sprinters are usually more muscular for power and marathon runners are usually skinnier because they don't have to run with as much weight on them.

I don't think I ever said heavy people are better at running further ?

>I dont wanna grow to fast and be a bulky faggot. I don't wanna grow to slow and be bruce lee.

oh the simple minds of new lifters

endurance cardio is useless and for useless cucks.

what good is being able to run slowly for a long period of time if you need to run from something that can sprint faster than you?

Nice counter argument, shitlord.

I'm not arguing, you just don't know what you're talking about.

You don't "accidentally" end up like bruce lee or like a "bulky faggot".

No you don't, and I never said you did.

Its really simple to understand. You do high rep you don't get mass but get strong, ie. bruce lee. You do low rep you get bulky and you're as agile as a boulder.

3/10 making me reply

do squats count as cardio?

>You do high rep you don't get mass but get strong, ie. bruce lee. You do low rep you get bulky and you're as agile as a boulder.

Okay this is almost entirely wrong.

First off Bruce Lee was never strong, he was very slim and had great endurance because his workouts was mostly bodyweight + cardio(fighting). There is an interview you can read about him where he lifted weights but he didn't like being heavy so he stopped went back to doing his old workouts.

Yes lower rep ranges are more intended for strength and higher rep ranges are more intended for gaining mass, however if you think "strong" people don't also do high rep exercises and "bulky" people don't do low rep exercises you're a fool, as a natural both should be done depending on the need. Of course you still build mass working in a lower rep range it's just not at the same rate as higher reps and if you think you're going to get big muscles benching 135x12 you're mistaken.

>bulky and agile

bodybuilders are NOT agile, especially ones non natty bodybuilders, having more mass on your body infact makes you the opposite of agile so Bruce Lee would be the agile one compared to someone with bigger muscles.

More than anything it comes down to how much you eat.

this. Conditioning is incredibly important in both powerlifting and strongman. It'll help you grind out reps much more easily

most PLing coaches and competitive coaches recommend HIIT for that reason

Because it means I'd have to leave the house

having a lot of endurance is cool, but there's absolutely no reason to limit your muscle mass as a natty, as long as you are not fat, natty muscles alone won't make it too difficult to build stamina

and who cares about being a skelly marathon runner, fuck that shit

Your whole post is basically hogwash.

Also:
> big traps will get in the way if I get in a fight
> ifs, buts and remote possibilities are a legitimate reason to not train

Mate, if you get in a fight the last thing that will be a problem will be your traps being too big. Also, not training something based upon a remote possibility is utterly retarded, like:
> not training chest and back just in case i need to fit into into a small space
> not training arms in case I have to fit my arm inside some PVC for a halloween costume
> not training legs because I dont like buying clothes that have a tag saying 'Large' because then the cashier and my mommy will judge me
> not training lats just in case im ever on the roof a really really tall building and theres a big gust of wind that blows me off

If youre really that scared of getting in a fight, learn how to fight.
Also, its not like you go and gym for a couple of days, and then you wake up fucking 7 foot tall and 5 foot wide. Muscle gain is gradual. When, after many months/years, you start to think 'am I getting too big, do I look chunky' then all you need to do is stop gyming and maintain. Its not fucking hard.

>Big traps will only get in the way if I get into a fight.
Fuck off