>Hang Clean
>Power Clean
>Squat Cleans

Which do you prefer?

>my vote is power cleans

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9HyWjAk7fhY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Squat clean is a meme term it's not even a real lift.

Power cleans feel the most athletic. I remember switching to them from hang cleans after football ended and deciding it would be better long term.

I don't do the crossfit lifts.

youtube.com/watch?v=9HyWjAk7fhY

What is the first part of a C&J called? I thought it was a squat clean

normal clean

why bother with the meme ones?

Do you ever even just clean? It's always clean and jerk.

hang power clean is best

A clean.

>tfw love to do power cleans but have 6'4" wingspan at 5'10" so it hurts me no matter what

Split clean is most patrician clean.

If you're a general gymgoer I would say all are shit and there are better alternatives:

>Hang is simply shitacular because the weight you can use is unnecessarily limited
>Squat is too technical and requires having certain physical traits to get good at

Power clean is best, but:

>Do power cleans with a slight step back as you clean. This will allow you to use more weight than a normal PC
>Alternatively learn to SPLIT CLEAN. This will allow you to use a lot more weight than a power clean and unlike a squat clean will not have you spending a year practicing technique while using baby weights.

tl;dr:

>split: whether a PC with a step back or an actual split clean to lift the most weight

Cleans are the dumbest exercise of all time

It is a squat clean. Though as the squat clean style superceeded the split clean style in the 60s you'll get ignorant people telling you "it's just a clean dude."

Lower to thighs, pause, lower further. You'll be just dropping the bar from your shoulders I bet.

you could be a sick deadlifter though

Spotted the woman

I personally like power cleans, then hang cleans, then cleans
side note: Are Power cleans an effective replacement for conventional DL.
Doing 70s big LP, and thinking about switching things up for a while

Hang cleans are an accessory
Power Cleans are a variation
Cleans are the root lift

All are good at different times for different things.

I am actually bro, I pulled 585 at 181 in high school.

So just to be clear, the clean you normally see in oly lifting is a squat clean?

Yes, usually. Squat cleans allow you to rack the bar at a lower position, allowing for greater weight to be used since you're accepting the weight by squatting below where the bar is after the hip drive.

Most people can squat clean more than they power clean by virtue of this mechanic.

Power cleans are great for explosive strength in the posterior chain. They're also fun as fuck in my opinion.

Hang cleans are uncomfortable to me personally, and I think there are much better ways to work your traps than hang cleans that aren't as hard on your spine. Shrugs, kettlebell swings, farmer walks, etc.

Cleans take a while to master, but once you get the form down, they're a wonderful compound lift to add to your routine.

Accidental sage pls no bully

ANY clean is a one way ticket to snap-city

Which ones are the crossfit lifts?

Any clean

Pls be b8

I got 225 x2 in my power clean back in January and haven't made a dent in it. Felt awesome but I want more. Knee has been hurting lately after I do them so I need to reevaluate or maybe cut them out.

Hang clean is my fav. It's the only time having stupid wide hips is a benefit plus it feels good humping 285 onto my shoulders

Re-evaluate your form.

If you're not a weightlifter, power cleans are the superior exercise because it requires a higher pull and greater extension. If you're a weightlifter, you should train both lifts, but obviously the full clean is better because you can lift more that way.

I prefer squat clean aka "clean" by most people.

But I'm shit at catching below parallel so my heavier weights are with Power Cleans wich I end up doing everytime.

>unironically using squat clean
>categorizing hang with the others
This is how I know you don't lift

The fuck is a "squat clean"

A regular old clean involves going through a full front squat.

Squat clean. Are you niggers dumb. That's a regular clean you cunts

>It's always clean and jerk

it's really not. there are plenty of reasons to only clean

Literally it's just a "clean" but it help differentiates for people who don't know what exactly the difference between a hang, power, and clean are.