Keto and meme diet summed up

Keto and meme diet summed up

youtu.be/zNJPqdtlW9s

The use of orange and not yellow in the middle is triggering my autism.

Other than that, solid chart.

Pasta is the only thing wrong with that chart, everything else is fine.

>pasta is keto

>not drinking a couple Michelob Ultras for only 5g carbs

Some beer isn't bad m8s. Bud Platinum can get me buzzed on keto quickly.

how is KFC?

The chicken is breaded i think .

lightly. what about gravy? medium only has 20g of carbs.
am removing breading now

kek'd

I'm doing keto basically,

Focusing on protein, mostly chicken breasts and eggs, other meats. Some veggies.

Had horrible aceton/rotting fruit breath after day 2-3 when I would wake up.

Overall making sure my net calories are less than I need, trying to not sacrifice lean while cutting a lot of weight.

Started this at the same time I was getting sick. Haven't been active much, trying to ramp up my running and lifting again.

Started at 252, down to 240 even today. Been going since march 21st.

Thoughts, advice?

Started keto yesterday. Drinking a lot of water, at least an hour of work out today (yesterday like 3) and 20 grams carbs a day. How is this?

add HIIT. you wont believe how quickly you will burn fat.

how much of a deficit ?

you need electrolytes, lots and lots of extra sodium/potassium and magnesium

How would I achieve this with as little carbs as possible?

Can someone please help me out?

I'm a skeleton and want to put on weight. The sticky says to eat calories 18 times your bodyweight, which in my case 2400 and NOT to gain more than 4lbs per month. But I've also been recommended GOMAD which would be 5000 calories a day in total, would this not make me fat?

just use a TDEE calculator, sticky is shit and GOMAD is literally a meme

What's Veeky Forums's stance on keto? I did it for a couple of months a while ago while not working out and lost like 8kgs, after stopping I didn't even gain it back that much. Should I resume now that I started going to the gym again?

you shouldn't care about Veeky Forums's stance on it. Most people here don't have any clue what they're talking about. Do your own research, that being said keto is pretty damned effective for fat loss.

>Not sips

What about whole rice and lentils? I feel like those would be fine of you're going for that Eastern cuisine

Nope, too carby

>can eat fruits
>can eat chocolate
>can eat sweet potatoes
>always full fat dairy
>can't eat oatmeal
>no info on legumes

k

How are cooking oils and margarine not allowed on keto? They don't have carbs, they're pure fat

Started keto 2days ago, ate roughly 800g of carbs the day before (emptying my house of carbs)

How much time 'till the sugar withdrawal symptoms kicks in?

take sea salt
use epsom salts in your bath
do not supplement potassium

margarine and most cooking oils are shit

12 hours.

Yes it would make you incredibly fat. It's on old meme in the bodybuilding community that you need to eat 4000-5000 calories and get +300 protein a day.

It will make you big as fuck but like you said, it's also known as fat. It's also very good advice to not gain more than 4lbs per month because anything above that (and even that obviously) is going to be just too much fat. But it's very hard to accurately stay at 200-300 surplus so ~500 is recommended.

>there has never been a time in human history where people didn't eat carbs
>on the contrary it has been mostly carbs for millions of years
>the most healthy populations eat almost entirely carbs
>ketogenic diet (which once was used as a therapy) suddenly becomes a thing in the last like 15 years
>tells you to abandon carbs and eat lots of meat and dairy with some greens thrown in because even they know it would flat out kill you otherwise
It's bullshit.

>some greens thrown in because even they know it would flat out kill you otherwise

no

>some greens

I don't know about you but I like eating fiber to have clean shits

>Robert Atkins, one the modern fathers of the keto diet
>obese, hypertension, heart disease, had a stroke
Same with many other defenders of that shit.

Point is even they know that you just need plant based food or you will develop dozens of deficiancies. It's an utterly stupid diet that should have remained in the niche of epilepsy treatment.

this diet is unhealthy us fukk

Keto stands for ketogenic. Most of you eat way too much protein to stay in the ketogenic range. Too much protein and you´re out of ketosis.

All low carb is not keto, but all keto is low carb.

That is because most "ketoers" do not stay in the ketogenic range. Ideally, for energy it is 70% fat, 20% protein, 10% carbs. Most "ketoers" eat way too much protein which at high doses act pretty much the same way as carbs insulin-wise, even though not as drastically.

They are allowed on keto, this isn't a keto diet in the OP, I'm not sure where OP is going with it but it more closely resembles something like Bulletproof diet. Keto does not allow "some" chocolate, roots or fruits.

As for the diet itself, there isn't really anything wrong with it so long as it's taken as a guide on *health* rather than body composition. You can eat anything in there and lose weight but the way the foods are distributed is definitely better for overall health than something like IIFYM.

Give you cancer and reduce life expentancy

True, to burn fat you need a constant "low" insulin level, which is the main problem for obese people who often high insulin due to insulin resistence.

However the point I'm attacking is that a ketogenic diet is stupid for non-obese people because it is very very often deficient in nutrients and way too heavy in trans and saturated fats and cholesterol which is very bad for your health. If you are at a normal weight and want to reduce your bf% there are way healthier albeit slower ways.

>eat fruit on keto

like you don't want to make it, ever...
[notcountingavocado]

I've decided on eating 3000 kcal per day for now, see where that takes me because 2400 kcal did almost nothing for me.

Thank you.

>tomatoes on keto
>peppers on keto
>yogurt on keto

>eating fruit
>eating any root-veggies ever
>processed fats being "stop"
>telling beginner folk that eating nuts and seeds is okay

This image is dogshit,

Lost 120 pounds on keto, it helps with hunger management and prevents slip-ups. Stick with it, it's a meme, but useful.