Welcome to plg powerlifting general

post PRs, schmexy lifts, videos etc.

>ben rice edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yi3WkV8C93I
instagram.com/p/BR_uQ6AgrXm/
youtube.com/watch?v=FKSDcS8pU68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Need recommendation on upper-body routine until my lowback pain goes away (1 yr ago herniated disc). What do you think about:

A
BP 5x3 + 2 sets amrap
CGBP 3x5
Tricep extensions 3x8
Curls etc.

B
Squats 5x5 70% 1RM
Pause Squats 3x10 light
OHP 5x3
some assistance

Also added in cardio days with goblet squats and ab work (ab wheel, dead bug etc.)

Why don't you do some machine rows or seal rows for your upper back
You shouldn't completely cut out every movement that involves your lower back, you should ask garagebro for herniated disc rehab he's really knowledgeable on the subject

chinups and supported rows?

back extensions and reverse hypers might help your back recover

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I am so fucking done with low bar squats. I'm never going to be a fucking competitive powerliftinh anyways, and it always feels like it's going to fall out of my shoulder shelf and like I'm going to fall forward and snap my fucking spine

We /highbar/ now

Got busy after I posted before but like i said 4days out

Do you think getting video/photos (from the photographer that will be there) is worth it ?

how much is it

also that looks like a jewish girl I know kek

If you dont have anyone to video you then yeah, you should definitely have video of your attempts

>do a set of 13 with literally just 2 pl8 after main squat sets on Sunday
>haven't done more than 5 reps in god knows how long
>legs are now extremely fucking sore

I'm maxing out on Saturday, should I just not squat till then? I've been accumulating a ton of fatigue over the past few months anyway

what are your openers you goober
>Do you think getting video/photos (from the photographer that will be there) is worth it ?
see if they'll be posted online first and just deal with a watermark. otherwise go for it. they do get good pics though (pic related)

Why would Candito just give up on solid income? I don't get it.

He could just bust out a video every week, maybe document his recovering process, or whatever. But nah, he just goes completely silent, wut.

A E S T H E T I C

E

S

T

H

E

T

I

C

there is no recovery process to document

hes done

Do you have to buy your own singlet for a meet?

its like pe class in school. if you dont bring your own, you have to use the smelly old one that doesnt fit

youtube.com/watch?v=Yi3WkV8C93I

How to avoid this - can't even see back rounding or all, he just attempted something maximal and failed it. Wth.

How do you know?
And why?

He could just lift casually a bit more, no? Maybe turn it into BB a bit more, anything lifting related would keep his channel alive.

Doesn't he still post on Instagram?

He has videos of him lifting still, there is one of him repping 320lb for 3 on bench from 4 weeks ago.

instagram.com/p/BR_uQ6AgrXm/

How to avoid failing? I dont understand your question

Lift in a full power rack with safety bars, dont do 1rm and dont grind reps.

Reason he failed was he simply wasn't strong enough to push the weight

Reason for injury was possibly just bad luck/genetics/previous wear on discs and this was just the straw that broke the camels back

can somebody aware me on this? He won't compete anymore because he fucked up his foot?

Yes, or borrow one.

I have hurt my left hip flexor a bit. I tried just squatting a bit less and really careful for the last week but it's not working out as intended. When I get to my working weights I subconsciously shift my weight away from my left hip to my right one which fucks over my whole squat and causes my left hip to impinge, further aggravating my hip flexor. I don't want to deload any more weight because the reps already move really fast and the weight gets too lite. So I figured I will replace squats with lunges for 2-3 weeks. They feel good for my hips and will allow me to really hammer my legs. I'll periodize them like I would for my squats ( I run blests late novice program).
What do you think about it? As I recall Filip did something similar when he had his si problems.
Thanks friendos.

Thats a guy btw kek and its 50 for vid 45 for photos and 90 for both

Yea thats what i was thinking idk if id get good video of it desu

Openers are 230/120/230
And yea i dont even want to think of the countless memes i could make with them

What are the deadlift sock requirements for USAPL meets? Can I just wear any old pair of long socks?

How to avoid popping a disc during maximal attempts when you don't even have form derivation
You'll have to 1RM in competition though - the whole activity is based around 1 RM's?
Safttybars would not have helped either, because he simply popped from trying to move the weight up, not from bailing it.
Sad. This could happen to everyone ITT, its so random and uncalled for.

I think that is a good idea, try doing light bodyweight squats if you can in the meantime to not forget the movement pattern

Be lucky, make sure to not neglect your lower back and core accessories.

What are your maxes now frog?

Squat same as deadlift, you got short femurs or something?

He literally said he got injured as he jumped forward.
Had he simply used a rack with safeties he could've carefully but quickly lowered the weight without needing to explosively try and jump out from under 500lbs on his back.

>In it for the memes
Good lad

Id just go for the vids. photos seem a bit of a waste imo

Yeah, squatting light is no problem, I just can't squat heavy enough to really train.

>not from bailing it.
he said he hear a pop as he bailed...
Oh I just saw on his channel he's on TRT too. Roiders are always way more likely to get injured because their muscles are able to handle weights that their skeleton cannot.

250/129.5/243
are my skill test maxes
and yes 15.5in femurs @5'9

eh ill see later what i decide

Then just do light squats so you don't forget how to squat right and stick to lunges for your main volume for two weeks

Pls respond

how do you measure femur length

is it hip crease to the top of the knee?

yea pic related

oops

How are you so damn strong

fucking femurlets, 20" femur masterace

i believe in you user! Get stronger!

Honestly what is your secret? Good genetic, good diet or just having good training from day one?

You could probably set a new world record or at least nationals.

he's a talent freak there's nothing more to it. 17yo kid squatting 250kg at 76kilo what even is that

i think its a mix of perfect conditions
starting at puberty, starting with good programming and programming well though my training, being a shut in (with a home gym), training harder then i think i can , and just having really good genetics

Should i squat olympic style high bar or low bar if i can do both with same weight and difficulty?

How have not get banned yet even though you're underage posting? Not even mad just genuinely curious. Do you blow the mods or wat

because he doesnt say his age
he has in the past and got banned and just appealed it lol

you forgot your secret ingredient :((

Bump

and

Have some thicc for your trouble

lowbar if you wantto look like a cheating homosexual faggot fuck

Are you a girl or just a faggot?

big globs of shit is evacuating my asshole as I type this message, must be last nights pizza

it was kind of hard to because of >muh obesity, but mine are around 15 @ 5'9. squats my best lift. it all makes sense now :)

>tfw chad genetic

Not so fast today finished 2nd day of inflated c6w/sheiko and workouts are easier than I thought. I'm after you frog.

This is the man SEAN and PAUL fell in LOVE with

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

you just left your family there eating their cultural curry while you went out and got a pizza?
rude

Nice projection Dino

See
This is trappy, I have proof if you want it.

i dont care about a bearded hobbit, never did, never will, stop projection dino

He's making money coaching now

And he said he has no interesting material to drop, but if he does he will return to posting on YT. Still posts on instagram and shits

can u reply to me with this too

You miss your princesa? :(

im just going of what you confirmed the other day

Okay Dino

this post is rafael

>okay
so we are back to confirming your cultural heritage?

So we are back to confirming you're dDino?

trips confirm
what is your pajeet name? time to come clean

What do you guys do for mobility? Trying to front rack seems so awkward for me

why would a powerlifter need mobility? to waddle over to a squat rack and either lay down on a bench, pick a barbell off the ground or bend your knees so they meet your hip joint?

What is powerlifting?

Fucking fatigue, I dropped a 90% single today. Got pissed and walked out of the gym

Ever thought about stretching?

pic related its me

competitive ego lifting

Competitive artificial reason to live

Its for literal retards and cripples (see: special olympics and paralympics)

for people who arent crippled or mentally retarded theres weightlfiting (see: olympics)

powerlifting is an activity that combines the leveling up aspect that is characteristic of rpgs and mmorpgs with physical fitness.

Dont be an faggot

i finished c6w last week and maxed my bench thursday, deadlift on saturday and am wondering if i should do squat today or just deload till next wednesday?

You should inflate your maxes and run next cycle without deload.

i always inflate my maxes by 5-10

you think i should just go start another training cycle today instead of maxing and deloading?

Yes, dumping squats off your back is stupid. Squatting outside of a rack is stupid. Squatting outside of a rack without at least two competent spotters is enough to put one in the running for a Darwin Award.

Some old bitch was nitpicking mine because they stopped an inch below the top of my shin.

No fucking clue where I'm supposed to find socks longer than goddamn baseball knee highs, but the refs out on the platform didn't care a whit regardless.

They need to care less about what socks people are wearing and more about the ludicrous amount of baby powder my fellow lifters/imbeciles were throwing around the "backstage" area. That shit is goddamn slippery when the piles of it get on your shoes.

good, this is how you make gains

yeh putting my actual maxes feels too easy

?

Squat low bar because once you start actually doing that, you'll be able to lift more and get stronger that way.

youtube.com/watch?v=FKSDcS8pU68

i think thats what im gonna do because it actually gives me a fuckin purpose instead of feeling like im spinning my wheels on a deload thanks senpai

about to start a new program that calls for a deload for the first few weeks

Thing is, I already deloaded my bench a few weeks ago and hit a new PR this week

Should I go ahead with the second deload, or just progress bench normally?

that dude has more alpha in his toenail than i do in my whole body

Has anybody here had experience using a leather punch to put new holes in their belt? I'm just wondering if a cheap $8 one can punch through 10mm.

My cut has caused my belt to become too small. I don't fill it out even in the smallest notches.

yeah youll be fine my sister rides horses and punches hokes through much thicker leather than what belts are

oops

hhaha yeah your sister rides me like a horse too if you know what i mean then we get kinky with leather straps and shit too lol i fucked your sister