>take MMA classes
>want to be a great striker
>instead turn out to be a great wrestler and an average striker

Wrong board

Martial arts can be Veeky Forums related

Just practice striking more

get out

/thread

i think that's cause to celebrate! every time i've gotten into a fight it was relatively no mess because taking someone down and choking them is really effective!

a couple times, rather. i've lost quiet a few bar fights

dyels

Striking is really quite a beast to handle.
I am still shit at muay Thai but can spar striking and beat MMA guys sometimes.
Get to a level of striking that means you won't be too outclassed on your feet. Makes your takedown game way more successful as well.

When you guys first started, did you ever think "maybe this isn't for me"?

I have too many expectations for myself despite being 4 weeks in. I know I shouldn't but I just want to git gud. We rolled today in BJJ and I didn't tap but I couldn't make my opponent tap either. When we were sparring, it was my second time and I stopped flinching, but I wasn't satisfied with how many hits I got in and I got hooked in the jaw. Proud of myself for taking it and going on like it was nothing though.

I don't know. I guess when I lifted it was easier to see progress because all you had to do was add extra weight on the bar, whereis MMA isn't so simple.

>Basic physical laws, reaction times and build don't matter just work hard brah

>le too big for the featherweight division man

He's not wrong to a certain degree

grapplers always end up being the coolest characters to play in fighting games anyway

When I was in high school, a few guys had a fight club set up in the woods. I went in thinking I'd be the top shit doing kicks and flips and everything I'd seen in the movies. In my first match, I got thrown down and choked out. Second match was better but still got beaten. After that day, I did everything in my power to make sure my fights stayed standing and learned all sorts of ways to put distance between us and shake someone off me. Grapplers aren't invincible but they can FUCK you up if you're not ready for it. Keep at it, my dude. You'll be nothing to sniff at if you work hard enough.

Thanks for the encouraging words.

still lightweight champion

If you just started an mma school and you think your great at anything, then that mma school sucks.

>girl is a 8/10 on tinder
>turns out to be a 9/10