How to start eating meat as a lifelong vegetarian?

Sup Veeky Forums
I've been a vegetarian my entire life (cuck parents) and I recently started lifting. How do I start eating animal flesh without being grossed out? What's the best meat to start with?

Other urls found in this thread:

chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
lloydianaspects.co.uk/opinion/veggie.html
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What's the best meat to start with?
get a bucket of kfc and quit being a faggot

Are you kidding?
I need to fucking start healthy.

>How to start eating meat as a lifelong vegetarian?
Are you retarded. Just eat meat faggot it's not that hard.

I'm involuntarily repulsed to even be around or smell it. Considering hypnosis.

Why do you want to eat meat so much then. Just eat some lentils fag.

Bacon. Cant really screw that up. Same goes for ground beef. Throw some ketchup on fried crumbles or something.

Cook diced chicken titty in a bit of oil with seasoning salt, lemon pepper, lemon and herbs

Throw pork chops on a grill, no need for any flavoring.
Shits easy man

Was in the same situation as you.
One day went fuck it and bought a chicken kebab box. Worst decision was gonna puke. Then on the rec of a friend made a lot of chicken breast at home but it has low flavour was really dry and chewy (chicken by itself is dry and chewy)
I would suggest start adding tasty chicken to your diet as a side. Make it tasty so you can eat it

Also guys can you rec me what chicken dishes to eat to get used to it? Chicken breast normal makes me puke

Oho actually advice! cheers user

>without being grossed out
>go to a steakhouse
>order a nice cut of steak, rare or medium-rare
>take a bite
if you are grossed out by it then you should probably just fucking kill yourself

Try jerky if all else fails.

I really dont see how it's hard for you meat is literally too good goddamn. Bacon in the morning, maybe a little sausage, fat tuna sandwich for lunch. Have a beer and a brat for a snack and then get some steak and eggs

Fuck i gotta hit the store

I've been eating meat my whole life and still can't eat plain chicken. Marinade that shit then grill it, or I just load it with hot sauce when I'm lazy

user I'd talk to a doctor instead of these autists. If you've never eaten meat before your digestive system will get seriously fucked if you down a steak in one sitting.

b r i n e

Start anywhere really, just take it slow, transitioning to a balanced diet can upset your stomach after years of unhealthy eating. Start out with something lean, and take it in moderation alongside something familiar.

Brother was a vegetarian. Start with meat based broth soups and work your way up to fresh meats with minimal processing. Like farm fresh stuff. It will take a while to get used to factory store meats.

In addition to this chicken breast is a good start to meat

Just go eat a fucking burger you goddamn autist. JFC man

>It will take a while to get used to factory store meats
Why would you want to? Just eat fresh meat from healthy animals. Better for you, and happy animals taste better.

What the hell is going on this thread, are you retards for real

If you've been a vegetarian, why the fuck would you want to start eating meat. People are supposed to go from eating meat towards being vegetarian, not the other way around.

Just stick to your diet so far, it's superior in every possible way (health wise, ethics wise and logic wise most importantly).

He's probably sick of being a raging pussy

Chicken is fun. You can
>marinade it
>season it
>salt and pepper it
>dry rub it
>wet rub it (l-lewd)
>wrap it (bacon or if you want to get fancy and impress people prosciutto)
>bread and fry it
>shred it and serve with barbque sauce
>shred it and dose in mayo like us filthy americunts
>bread and fry in corn starch to make something akin to general tso's or in flour for heart clogging goodness

Lots more. Read up on it and watch Alton Brown's show Good Eats. He has good episodes about various meats and the science behind cooking and eating it.

Chicken is fun and good luck in leaving your degenerate plant eating ways.

Start with chicken, man. Grilled or baked if possible. It's easier than trying to jump straight into the "heavier" meats or fried meat. Grilled will probably be easier since you can add some grilled peppers and shit and either kebab it or throw that both in a tortilla.

Do you guys have a system for naming your plates too? Here are mine:

1.25kg: THE PLATE OF AMBITION
The smallest increment for increating most lifts. Looks so tiny, but represents that *push* to be stronger today than you were yesterday. So humble yet so instrumental, it flows within the Tao of Gains.

2.5kg: THE PLATE OF JOY
And look! Add two 1.25 ambition plates and this is what you get. Symbolosing the subtle mystery and glory of Gains, that they are *cumulative*, which is what it's really all about.

5kg: THE DANGER PLATE
But look out. We all like to record nice even numbers for our lifts. When we can only do 107.5kg, it's soooo tempting to force 110kg before we're ready. But when ego outpaces gains, the form declines, and that is the beginning of all iniquities.

10kg: THE PLATE OF CRUELTY
That halfway point to the next lmao*pl8, and so the toughest part of the journey, when going back would be as hard as going forward. But fear not! Through the pain lies the hidden humble road of further gains.

20kg: THE PLATE OF VYNZBRAH
Yes! From *sixteen* increments of the ambition plates we slam on another of these, building a brick in the edifice of our newer better selves. The joy of this plate comes from the consolidation of all we went through before.

Naturally I use a letter code for recording my lifts. So instead of 137.5kg, I'd write TTCDJA -- two plates of Triumph, a plate of Cruelty, a Danger plate, a plate of Joy and a plate of Ambition.

Then of course there are the special plates:

< 1.25kg: TRAPPY PLATES
I've never tried microplates but will resort to them if my damn OHP keeps plateauing. Since the Triumph plate is already a "T", I'd use a little "t" for trappy plates.

Plates in "lbs": FAG PLATES
Only for use in lesser gyms where I don't have an alternative. Honestly kg is just so much more elegant: "60kg" is rounder and more trustworthy than "135lbs" - though I suppose lmao#pl8 is heavier and more impressive in pound scales.

>trying this hard to rebel against your parents
Hope you enjoy vomiting back up whatever garbage you decide on eating first, user.

y not just stay vegetarian tho? i easily get 150g protien @ 2500 cals, i guess if your bigger than 200lbs being vegitarian could be harder to get those macros

Lmao thanks I'll look into it

Do you have any quick recipes not just with chicken but high protein foods in general? I'm a student and don't have much time...
>Oho
Kaisa Hai bhai

You dont have to eat meat to get results.
You got your whey/eggs/milk/cheese - thats more then enough.

Ex-veggy here, I've started with cold cut meat, like prosciutto and bresaola (italian beef jerky), the salt helps to ignore the fact that you're eating flesh. Then start to eat fish; tuna for example and then chicken. In a week, you will be eating juicy steaks. Eating meat again was best decision of my life, your gainz will thanks you user.

i started eating meat at the age of 20.

i read online that fish is a good one to start with, so i bought a tuna melt. do NOT start with fish. i suggest you go to a decent restaurant and get some chicken with a nice sauce.

>How do I start eating animal flesh without being grossed out?

it just takes time, there's no getting around it. the first ~15 times will suck.

Stop eating breast and start eating thighs. Dummy.

Why do you faggots call it flesh? It's like you're trying to make it as demonized and off putting as possible. It's just fucking muscle and fat from an animal.

When I was in Japan I ate all sorts of shit that I thought was gross like raw squid, horse and octopus. I even had a few insects. Couldn't do worms or breathing fish though, they were still alive and I just don't want to eat something still kicking. Seems cruel. If that stiff had tasted good then I would have kept eating it. I don't know why people have such a hard time just fucking doing stuff.

>How do I start eating animal flesh without being grossed out?
Why would you want to
People usually strive to do the opposite
>What's the best meat to start with?
Chicken breast is pretty much tasteless and takes the taste of whatever you put it in not unlike tofu. Start by hiding it in salads or sandwiches or chilli and curry dishes that you used to do with beans
Kys
Then why put yourself through it
The only reason people eat meat is taste, convenience, social pressure or tradition and ignorance to the health and environmental consequences.
I am a meat eater, i love grilled pork ribs, but I find the taste of bacon or sausage overbearing
He absolutely can screw this up
>If you are grossed out by rare steak then kys
Would you eat rare chicken or rare pig? What about a rare beef burger? If no, why eat rare steak?
T H I S
Epic
T H I S
Why?

How about if it's gross to you, don't eat it? If you need protein you can just use protein powder. But it you want to start small, just try having pepperoni on your pizza of some sort of club sandwich. Try subway or something.

>rare chicken
this is starting to become a thing.
>rare beef burger? If no, why eat rare steak?
it's the process of grinding that makes ground meat dangerous to eat rare.

Pic related

Fuck off gainz goblin

I know what the definition is Sally, I'm asking why they use the word as a description when they want to eat it. Im gonna eat some cow flesh, compared to I'm gonna have a steak. It's like saying I have a psychological barrier against this, and I'm just gonna keep making it worse.

Quite possibly the worst post I've seen on this board.

Care to explain why?
Also, you must be new.

Eat a good cheeseburger with lots of toppings. Delicious bread, fat, meat, veggies, sauce.

>buy chicken breast
>cook it
>eat with rice
>???
>PROFIT

Some real advice here;

You probably don't want to start with straight meat, eg chicken breast, like some anons are suggesting. Pick something battered, it will have less of a meaty taste and easier to get down your gob, and it's not as unhealthy as you think. Plus this is only to start with, you start with the unhealthyish options and transition to the healthier stuff, you can't jump right into the deep end.

So things like battered fish, chicken tenders/nuggets possibly KFC.

Is this a troll thread? It isn't necessary to eat meat for any reason. It's also unhealthy.

If you don't want to eat meat, don't eat meat. Where's the problem?

>gains birds are unhealthy
Get a load of this fag.

t. vegetarian
>Would you eat rare chicken or rare pig? What about a rare beef burger? If no, why eat rare steak?
Quite possibly one of the most retarded things I've ever read about eating meat.
>t. another vegetarian

>It's also unhealthy.
>lean white meat is unhealthy
>the minuscule increased risk to your health caused by eating meat outweighs the benefits gained by making siq gainz

ITT:
>I want to stop being a cuck to rebel against my parents, how do I do this
>Ghouls: Just eat it fag
>Cucks: VEGE IS SUPERIOR HURR DURR JUST BECAUSE HUMANS HAVE EATEN ANIMALS FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS IT DOESNT MEAN THAT ITS GOOD

fuck this
THIS IS NOW KITTEN THREAD

Google translate - Detect Language
Oho (Finnish) - Whoops
Kaisa Hai bhai (Hindi) - What's up brother?

>????

"Oho" is a statement of disbelief in Hindi, kinda like "nigga what" in ebonics.

Well it's not specific to Hindi, it's actually a statement of surprise/disbelief in many languages.

TIL pork ribs are vegetarian
>rare steak eater calls others retarded
O I am laffin

Get a rare steak

>implying you aren't pretending to be a meat eater
>even if you are actually a meat eater all it means is that you're a bitch who is convinced that vegetarianism is superior but doesn't have the discipline to be vegetarian

>implying you aren't pretending to be a meat eater
If you can't cook a steak that is both well done, juicy, and not red at the same time, you should just stick to chicken
Rare steaks are only a thing because cucks like you have bought into the jewing of steak restaurant owners who want a higher output of steaks to earn more money. Rarer steak => less time on the grill => more steaks per hour on the grill => more shekels for the owner. Oh, and don't forget to tip 25% to the waiter.

If you don't eat rare steaks and don't tip you aren't a real man after all, right?

Cuck

>Vegetarian [...] No discipline

That is partly correct. Vegetarians are as good as omnis. Veganism is actually superior for health, environment and ethics but I like meat too much.

There is simply not a single good argument against veganism.
Heme iron and DHA can be supplemented, protein exists in plants, B12 fortified foods exist, sun for D.

Make chicken curry with tons of veggies and rice, been my staple weekly (sometimes more) meal for the past eight years

You need to be careful, user. My father was a vegetarian for almost 20 years. After he accidentally ate a tiny bit of meat - he almost died. it basically poisoned him, he wasn't able to properly digest any kind of meat anymore. In the end, he had to slowly increase his meat consumption, from soups to tiny pieces of meat and so on.

> heme iron and DHA can be supplemented
both supplements are animal byproducts

> protein exists in plants
what is bioavailability

> B12 fortified foods exist
true dat

> sun for D
then why is D-deficiency such a problem the further north of the equator you get?

Do what the user said about starting with broth, and work your way up slowly.
My bf is a vegetarian, got mapo tofu that also had beef in it and had watery shits for the rest of the day.
Good luck user!

Hi I'm the guy you replied to
How exactly do you make the curry?

I'm Indian and know the basics just wanna seeyour view

Rarer steak => less time on the grill => more steaks per hour on the grill => more shekels for the owner.
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
LMAO
Rare steaks are supposed to be made only out of good meat so you can feel the flavour.

Vit D deficiency increases the further north you get because we get less sunshine in the north. Also, if you live in the north, you know that for over half the year it is cold enough outside to require wearing long sleeves, sweater and coat. This means less skin exposed to sun, so less vit D is produced.

Food is not a sufficient source of vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency is widespread in the entire population and the best thing to do for most people is to take a supplement. It has nothing to do with veganism.

Iron deficiency is essentially non-existent in Western men, including vegan men. It is entirely unnecessary to supplement any type of iron on a vegan diet. Heme iron is also unhealthy

DHA can be derived from algae

Plant protein is sufficient for building muscle and vegans do not experience protein deficiency.

>eating meat

You deserve a gas chamber for your post

Organ meats from wild game are ok, and fish that you raise yourself.

Anything else is probably poison

>both supplements are animal byproducts
There is heme iron in plant roots, non-heme iron in all greens and legumes
DHA from algae
>> protein exists in plants
>what is bioavailability
Irrelevant if you eat a varied diet, which you should, vegan or not.
>> B12 fortified foods exist
>true dat
>> sun for D
>then why is D-deficiency such a problem the further north of the equator you get?
Idiot
Also D fortified plant milks exist too
A properly grilled steak is even better because the decreased volume condenses the flavour.

Vegan or vegitarian? Did you still consume dairy products? If so your immune system can probably take more then of you were vegan

Start with meat toppings for bread, small doses makes dosage easier

And welcome back to the world of the living

The problem is that the vegan diet is inherently unbalanced and requires supplements to not get hospitalized

This is untrue. Speaking from experience - I was strictly vegan for a year with zero supplementation. The human body is capable to survive on absolutely fuck all.

These are actually good advice OP
He's right. There's nothing else for it but to just start eating it.
>Care to explain why?
Because veganism and vegetarianism are meme diets rooted in pseudoscience and all the reason you gave to not eat meat are not arguments and boil down to simple personal choice to eat or not eat something.
>Also, you must be new.
Even if he is, he's right
> It isn't necessary to eat meat for any reason. It's also unhealthy.
Bullshit
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>lloydianaspects.co.uk/opinion/veggie.html
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>This is untrue.
No it isn't. He's correct.

I swear you're the guy who's been going into vegan threads for months just to argue. Why? Are you insecure?

>I swear you're the guy who's been going into vegan threads for months just to argue.
That's no different than what every other single poster ITT is doing. And if veganfs on Veeky Forums or you want get complain about people arguing in these threads; maybe they should posting quit all the ones with do, and especially the ones full of bullshit
>Why? Are you insecure?
No and your're not only does your post scream of projection. It seems like you commented to bitch about me and not about the subject matter of this thread. And if you want to talk about being insecure, there's nothing more so than vegposters shitting up Veeky Forums with all these vegan threads.

I'd trust scientific institutes and governmental nutrition agencies over some random internet blogs.

The funny thing about Denise Minger is that she's still 95% plant-based with tons of fruits and low fat. That's a bit problematic for your silly list which is a third Denise Minger

Something cute.

>I'd trust scientific institutes and governmental nutrition agencies over some random internet blogs.
Then it couldn't be that what I posted is properly researched and scientific and that science has my back what you call "random internet blogs"- oh wait.
And yet she still managed to post an excellent takedown. there's no problem at, it does it's job

Hello I had this Problem with fish and a Lot of foods I never tried
Hypnosis will help if you find a good therapist

As for the Meat chicken is very neutral
Just try very small portions with a lot of greens

>heme iron
Lifelong vegetarian here, borderline vegan. Got my bloodwork done two weeks ago. The only - slight - problem was my iron levels being somewhat high. Yes, high.

The cool thing about cooking with meat is that it holds flavor well, with a hint of the the meat. Let's say you get some teriyaki sauce and sesame oil in a ziplock bag. Could marinade pork, beef, or chicken. What ever you are feeling. Then you could pan fry it or grill. Meat is pretty easy to prepare quickly.

We are arguing in circles... What does it lack, in your opinion?
>Because veganism and vegetarianism are meme diets rooted in pseudoscience
TIL the world health organisation spouts memes and pseudoscience, thanks user!
>and all the reason you gave to not eat meat are not arguments

>51% GHG emissions due to animal agriculture and the water overconsumption are not arguments
>Colon cancer, diabetes and atherosclerosis are not arguments
Ok
Dude, that's pathetic. Just go out and eat 10 steaks to feel better and then filter the word vegan from the catalogue, OK?

whining about the environment is cuck shit. might as well boycott weightlifting because the barbells are made of iron and iron mining destroys the environment lmao

Try eating with a good posture. Food may fall down if you eat with that useless inclination.

Fucking vegans.

>whining about the environment is cuck shit
Ok
>might as well boycott weightlifting because the barbells are made of iron and iron mining destroys the environment lmao
Amazing comeback, how will I ever recover