Is parkour considered Veeky Forums?

Is parkour considered Veeky Forums?

How many of you lmao1pl8 OHPers can do this?
youtube.com/watch?v=lnNZRRrdHOE

Other urls found in this thread:

obstaclemethod.movementunleashed.com/parkour-injury-rates-infographic/
youtu.be/u7RZW6d_LzE
youtu.be/UPyUsyF_OgM
youtube.com/watch?v=mEo-Y5Jya1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally the most pointless thing ever

ofc its considered Veeky Forums, although i think most of parkourers are fucking douchebags or morons who think doing a flip in sand makes them David Belle

Everything is considered fit as long as it is athletic, fun and not a meme.

Unfortunately parkour is a meme

How the hell is parkour a meme? I've been on fit about 3 years now and never seen a single thread about the subject?

I'm kinda jelly of their flexibility

Then do exercises and stretches to keep yourself limber. You don't have to jump around on walls like a try-hard moron

If you go to a proper parkour gym or geberally get involved in a goid community and dedicate yourself it isn't a meme.

If you fuckaround with a tubby belly trying to look cool rolling over things and kipping up things it's a meme.

No fun allowed

>Lift weights? No thanks, I train in the locomotive arts of the french samurais

If you consider that to be "fun" then kys

Flexibility isn't instant but you can build it up way quicker than muscles. You can become more flexible in MINUTES and very flexible in WEEKS to MONTHS. Losing fat or gaining muscle take WAY LONGER.

I recommend Tsatsouline's flexibility stuff btw.

>look at me I can go from point A to point B in a completely unnecessary and dangerous way that will likely end with me smashing my face into pavement just because I think it will make me look cool

lol faggot

parkour is gayer than skateboarding

>not using this pic
YOU HAD ONE JOB

It is cool though and you do get to move aesthetically and athletically through the city.

ayy that gif

If you consider moving quickly and climbing up onto tall things fun then you should kys
>Look at me I can move a weighted bar from point A to point B in a potentially dangerous way that will probably lead to injuries at some point for no other reason but to impress other men in the gym and on a basket weaving forum

you know whats really fun? lifting up heavy objects in limited positions and ranges of motion. Yeah, now that's excitement

>Maybe if I get really big from moving said weighted bar, I can start taking steroids and eventually cosplay as a piece of sweet and sour chicken wearing a thong and flex in front of old men to AC/DC

Yeah bro and the lift people care the most about? You can do it while LAYING DOWN!

A B S O L U T E L Y S A V A G E

>0:52
>needed a foothold for a simple mantle

this guy is not very strong :(

t. someone who picks up heavy pieces of metal stuck on the end of bars then puts them back down again

I don't even lift faggot lol
I just come here to shit post and shill out bad advice

what the fuck are you talking about? faggots like you ruin words. "literally" the most pointless thing in the world. what??? do you HONESTLY fucking believe that having this level of athleticism and being able to jump around and do all their, admittedly faggot, flips and jumps, is the most pointless thing ever? you fucking dolt

what's high school like nowadays?

I'm not allowed near any highschools

any activity that optimizes for being lightweight over strong come off as incredibly shitty hobbies to me these days

tricking parkour distance running skating etc

You don't have to be light to be good at any of those things, you just can't be a fat fuck. If you are big, like natty 100kg big not 130kg roidlord big, and lean then you will be fine. It's when you become a fat piece of shit. Muscle is not dead weight.

It looks cool I guess but is pretty dangerous. If he were to slightly miss several of those jumps and tricks he could get seriously injured, and for what? Playing monkey?

Well if you fuck up a lift, you could get seriously injured too. All sports have risks.

You need to know how to fall and not get badly injured. A lot of it is got through experience. I say this as a gymnast/dancer not as a parkour dude tho. It'll also make your tendons and ligaments v strong so less likely to get injured.

Part of it too is that you DON'T make little mistakes. If you play sports at a decent level you know a lot of that is psychological, you just have to get over that self defeating attitude.

That's pretty cool.

Anyone recommend any good resources? I can see that the gym in OP is like organized for lots of parkour but how would you go about workibg out what you'd need for such a gym.

Agreed, but with caveats.

Fucking up lifts is much less likely than missing a jump. With good form you can go years without injury, yet when moving at the speed he does he is bound to miscalculate something. There were at least 5 or 6 points in the first minute where I could see the fall occurring. In the end lifting makes you stronger and healthier, whereas running and jumping from high places does... what exactly? The risks associated with it seem to outweigh any benefits. To me this almost looks Crossfit-tier in terms of risk.

>when moving at the speed he does he is bound to miscalculate something

I consider it Veeky Forums because it's applying your fitness to a real world situation. You lift weigh to lift heavier weight, but how often do you lift that weight in your everyday life? Parkour involves cardio and calisthenics and is definately a work out.

How often do you have to jump over a fucking wall, you fucking retard lol

Parkour isn't practical unless you're a minority

Hipster walking is so 2013 and already out of fashion. But yeah, if you want to ruin your ankles, knees and hips, go for it.

obstaclemethod.movementunleashed.com/parkour-injury-rates-infographic/

For reference, here are other sport injury rates. Crunch some numbers and you'll find parkour has a .08 injusry rate per 100 hours. This puts it slightly below football and slightly above tennis.

>being fast and shit to get around obstacles
vs
>being beastmode and walking trough the obstacles

W H Y N O T B O T H

No, but it's considered a loser neet manchild sport

if we go by that then lifting is even more useless

That's not real parkour man

youtu.be/u7RZW6d_LzE

youtu.be/UPyUsyF_OgM

what's the purpose of lifting if you aren't slav, no matter how much you lift there is a slav in his teens that can do more with less effort due to genetics

but user I am a slav

unforunatelly this, when tough niggers need bodyguards they always hire slavs

youtube.com/watch?v=mEo-Y5Jya1s

Parkour is Veeky Forums.

The gay ass freerunning shit you posted is fucking shit.

>Serbs
>slavs
I mean we are obviously, but we are especially tough (most of the time) while other slavs are not always so much.

It's weird how Serb is like this shorthand for hypermasculine bruiser now too, we are also very P R E T T Y in general.

How often do you have to lay on your back and push a weight up over your chest? Or go into a partial bridge and set an obese man on your hips, thrusting him into the air?

H-HAHA SHUT UP NERD I-I-I'M NOT HERE TO LEARN LIKE A FAGGOT N-NERD!

>by Doctor Pavel

>implying cheeky breeky

its honestly one of the few things im proud of these days

>muh semantics
>your thing is not my thing cause my thing maintains that the pope is leader.

Those are just to isolate. We isolate to allow for progressive overload and safety, which are not parts of parkour.

Only one of you gets to stay on my plan!

Lot of loyalty for a diet program!
Or maybe he's wondering why you would stretch before lifting your one rep max?

>missing the point
it was that his argument was that parkour isnt even practical in real life, not that weightlifting was

parkour is literally just for jumping over things. people dont weightlift to pick up things, they do it to get women and look better.

Why would you ask this question given how much Veeky Forums hates bodyweight general that it even kicked it off to /asp/ for a while? Veeky Forums thinks anything other than pumping iron is illegitimate and that either aesthetics or big numbers are the only things that matter. It has always been this way and will never change. The fact though is that parkour is great for developing high levels of proprioception, balance, coordination, explosiveness, agility, and movement skills. It also forces you to learn how to be light on your feet, control your body in odd positions, and learn how to fall properly. These are all key components of athleticism. Lastly there is a difference between parkour and free running. Parkour is about the fastest and most efficient way from Point A to Point B using your body, whether that means going over many obstacles or just a few. Parkour has little to no acrobatics, whereas free running does because it is all about style and prolonged flashy performance. Parkour is basically the urban version of climbing or doing an obstacle course for nimble navigators. It can be something fun to mess around with for variety.

>schoolchild soccer is 20 times more dangerous than crossfit
What the fuck britain?

i.e. being sir

Kids in the UK are dicks. I think it's a throwback from Empire where Brits would eventually be expected to be dicks to lots of foreigners.

>National sport of France
>Le Atre de Running Away

never noticed it
holy shit

>WL is the same as bodybuilding

man the level of shitposting ITT.

The vid was badass. i'd never dare try half the shit he just did without a helmet and basically full body armor.

I'm not a manlet.

>just climbs a ladder really high

>base jump

It's cool but how is this supposed to be real parkour or more impressive than the guy in OP video?

Today on "Things only a manlet would say"

Show me a parkour fag that is not a manlet

Yes.
But this is fit. Loser dudes who think their 2.5 plate ass to grass squat makes them better then the asshole curlbros and fat chicks/lesbians who're here to oggle the chads in the /cbt/ threads.

Being actually fit without doing a shitty powerlifting routine and doing something fun with it is seen as evil and wrong.

still in kindergarten I see. So mommy doesn't let you cross the road.

'Stick all the big lads at the back and have them grock anyone who tries to go past them'

t. 150lbs manlet