>look up potassium in bananas
>400mg

What the fuck? I had no idea
How is a human being even supposed to get enough potassium
Is literally everyone potassium deficient

Other urls found in this thread:

nrv.gov.au/nutrients/potassium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It is quite the same with many other vitamins and minerals.

The calories would end up probably somewhere in 10,000 range if I would want to meet the daily requirement minimiums from food alone.

I don´t know what they are based on.

THIRTEEN BANANAS C'MON

The kidney is able to reabsorb most of the potassium that is already in your body, it excretes a very very slight portion of that, so in order to have a potassium balance (= 0 loss 0 win) you only need to get that portion that is lost from your diet.

That mechanism apply to sodium and water also, you only need to get from your diet as much as what is lost
Source : I'm a medschool student and you should consider reading about how the kidney function since it's the most amazing organ in the body

At least with most vitamins and minerals you can just take supplements
You can't buy potassium supplements in doses over 100mg because taking a lot at once can be dangerous

>swallowing 50 pills spread out throughout the day, every day

But what determines how much is lost? Shouldn't that be the RDA? Is the RDA complete bunk?

My guess is that companies pump money in researchers asses to put out bullshit studies like this in order for people to buy supplements. It's a tinfoil level explanation but I take every nutrition advice with a grain of salt, no matter who gives said advice.

Because the formula is pretty complex (check out cockcroft clearance formula), that is only an estimation of the flux of plasma that passes through your kidneys, but there are many other factors that determine how much is excreted and reabsorbed (for instance, if you had sprinkle water, ate more sodium, had more water, had a bit more calcium, magnésium... and it goes on and on)

Long story short, eat like you would normally and unless you have some kind of kidney failure you'll be good

EAT YOUR GREENS, KIDDO
IT CONTAINS MORE POTASSIUM THAN BANANAS

Yes well, but some daily recommendation values, like for Vitamin C for example, are just enough to prevent acute scurvy. Some are way above which is needed for survival.

>what are legumes
>what are vegetables
You just have a shit diet

Glomerulus & Loop of Henle are OG as fuck

>I take every nutrition advice with a grain of salt

Just watch those sodium levels!

This shit's so annoying. Like, apparently the RDA of sodium is less than we actually need to survive, because it presumes people will be getting way too much and lowers the recommendation to trick people into getting just enough. Like telling a friend an event is an hour earlier than it really is, because they're always late.

Yeah, let's watch out for the health of fatties who call it a success to only be 100% over the RDA upper limit, fuck all the fastidious people who actually care about their health and follow the recommendations.

Nephrology picks up more babez than weightlifting

don't you lose sodium when you sweat? so if i work out and sweat a lot i should basically replenish it daily?

>spinach
>23 calories per 100g
>558 mg potassium

>chicken breast
>256 calories in 100g
>256mg potassium

As long as you're eating real food it all has potassium. Also, the only way you'd need 5 grams of potassium per day is if you're running a half marathon every single day. An active male only needs at most 3.8 grams.

>nrv.gov.au/nutrients/potassium

Yeah probably, but about electrolytes I would trust my body, in order to restore its inner balance the body will send you signals like cravings for specific foods...
Unless you have some kind of show or whatever I wouldn't try and manipulate sodium/potassium balance in the body as it is way too complicated and it doesn't bring much results on the long term

You need to balance sodium with potassium and drink water. So just eat good protein and vegetables and you don't have to worry about it.

Potassium is the most abundant ion in every living cell, so basically if you're eating anything with cells (unless you're eating rocks then you are for sure), you're ingesting potassium. The values vary, but this is true nonetheless. So don't worry about too much. If it's something that bothers you a lot, then read some water bottles' labels and find a brand with high potassium in it, it should be easy. In case you're wondering if this is broscience,I guarantee it is not, I'm a med student and I'm sure you can confirm what I just told you with a quick google search.

You guys should be friends

JUST EAT A BANANA BRO

8/10 made me softly kek

avocados
v
o
c
a
d
o
s

I put light salt on my food, it is mostly potassium instead of sodium and it is an easy way to control sodium levels. I also eat real food instead of fast food or processed stuff.

Potassium is in EVERYTHING

Food isn't as nutritious as it used to be.

Potassium is abundant in fruits, vegetables, legumes and other whole plant foods. I've never consumed below 5 grams potassium a day in months.

Some of the best commonly consumed sources of potassium include tomatoes, oranges, potatoes, bananas, various beans and greens

A banana has around 100 calories, so if there are 400 mg of potassium in there, you would go way WAY beyond your potassium needs by eating only bananas in your caloric window. That makes it a good source of potassium.

>1kg of spinach daily

hope you like shitting green

Check how much potassium is in potatoes and grains. If you aren't the kind of retarded person on keto who doesn't eat a lot of vegetables you're getting plenty.

>exclusively getting your potassium from spinach
???

>not eating exclusively spinach

Is this achievable natty?