How much do I need to squat before I'm not considered a weak beta?

How much do I need to squat before I'm not considered a weak beta?

Currently squat 315 for 5 reps.

Anything under 4pl8 squat is terrible

Legs are a waste of time if you're going for aesthetics, just saying.

You are incredibly strong. This is a very impressive lift that few will ever attain. Throw a couple 5's onto a three plate squat and you'll turn heads and look like a god in the gym.

You should be incredibly proud of this squat, and anyone who says otherwise is e-statting or is on some serious gear.

LMFAO

thats respectable desu dont listen to these dinks

women love sexy quads and glutes

3pl8 will put you above 95% of people at the regular gym. most can't even squat 2pl8. i have never seen anyone squat or deadlift over 3pl8 or ohp 1pl8 at my gym. a couple of 2pl8+ benchers though.

most of them only curl or do some shitty leg press and machine work. i hate those guys who put 5 or more plates on leg press and then give you the "i can leg press more than you can squat" look when in reality they would probably break their back under 3.5pl8 bar.

commercial gyms are a joke desu, but pl ones on the other hand are crazy. not uncommon to see people warm up with 3pl8 squats and benches and deadlift some crazy weight.

Women love big arms and chest more though.

There is one person at my gym who squats above 3pl8 besides me and he does 4pl8 for reps. Everyone else has a seizure while wearing a belt with five buddies hyping them up to barely half squat 185lbs for singles with a bent back. I feel good about it honestly, but I understand there's still room for improvement.

315 is pretty good.
Keep it up girl!

i dont squat anything and am more alpha than youll ever be

But that's just 100kg
I'd say 8pl8s is where it's at

There's women that squat more than you, manlet.

You're pathetic.

Assuming everyone on this board is a teenager obsessed with how they look

also this

EVERYDAY

See

Yeah if you're a woman

>still thinking you lift to get girls
kek

shoulders are the most aesthetic part of the human body imo

I used to go to a powerlifting gym. It was great but damn the weights those guy in there were lifting made me feel weak. Now I go to a generic gym. It's all cardio bunnies and bench pressers. =/

if you want to get strong fast that's the place to be. people will help you and give you advice on programs and form. something that's very hard/impossible to get at commercial gym

Top kek how fucking weak are you?

>How much do I need to squat before I'm not considered a weak beta?
More than me
>Currently squat 315 for 5 reps.
Not more than me

How much do you squat?

455 5x5
562x1

Joocy legs are the cornerstone of a well rounded physique.

>tfw can't squat due to tight hip flexors

Has anybody else had this issue?

ever heard of stretching?

Don't go to Planet Fitness gyms.

but they have the biggest muscles. you burn more colories working them, i think that motivates me.

That's some retarded broscience shit if I've ever heard it.

If you want to burn more calories, just do some cardio.

Not him but how is that shit broscience? It's simple

>muscles need energy to repair themselves
>legs are the biggest muscle group
>thus, they use the most energy

Depends on your goals and definition of weak, really. If you're a dude just working out as a hobby 3pl8 is bretty good. If you're trying to be a powerlifter and win meets 3pl8 is gonna get you laughed at.

>tfw could only put up 295 today and not 3pl8

kill me, senpai. I don't care if my PR went up 50 lbs in 6 weeks, i want that 3 benchmark

Is 165lbs good?

Maybe for a turbomanlet. Otherwise no.

Fuck me. And fuck dieting. Got up to 180 before I had to deload though

Just try doing everything in your life in a squat, start with a stupidly wide stance, and progressively move to a normal width. It will be uncomfortable as fuck it just man through and soon you'll be squatting like a badass

Is this b8?

Double bodyweight

Is this a shop? It looks literally too bad to be real.
Kinda like this one

>refers to 4pl8 as 8pl8
This must be bait

good job desu desu

look at the mirror, obvious shop

It's always b8

200kg, high-bar ATG is respectable, but not great

>still thinking lifting doesn't help getting girls
kek

I do legs so my upper body grows at a faster rate

60kg 1 rep

that's all you're gonna need to lift a cutie who jumped on your back at a concert or other such events

anything more than that and you're overcompensating or homo

no, those are clearly hugh jackman's real legs.

>How much do I need to squat before I'm not considered a weak beta?

2 plates. It's like the minimum amount of weight that looks impressive to normies. And seriously, if you can squat 225 with a good range of motion (at least a little bit past parallel), then you're lifting some real weight, and anybody that gives you shit for it is a faggot and you should ignore their opinions.

No. The idea that a single body part attracts women is ridiculous in and of itself, but women will compliment you if you have a nice ass, I know from experience

There are dogs in this world that have fucked more women than you

You're pathetic

I squatted 3pl8 for 10s after one and a half year
you're a delusional, weak faggot

I was like that. Was stuck at 2 plates for a year. Granted, it was my first year actually squatting and taking the weights seriously, but it was a bitch especially since I was squatting every day. Try doing bulgarian method/squat every day for two or so weeks. I hit 3 plates in that duration. Once you hit that, try going for reps afterwards and you should keep your gains.

1/2/3/4 is impressive to most people including regular gym goers

Yeah, it's not like women have certain body parts that attract men

desu I thought the standard was 1 pl8 per pound of bodyweight.

If you're not squatting lmao200pl8 for reps then you're not really a man.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I have a hard time thinking anyone here squats much over 4pl8. Let alone 5x5 with good form.

this is the truth op

>refers to 4pl8 as 8pl8
This must be bait

That was a beautiful poem, user.

I'm almost at 1 plate (125 lb) OHP. My bench is absolutely shit tho. Only hitting 175 for reps.

nigga, r u retarded?

I assume 315x5 can easily hit 405x1?

Idk, I hate high rep shit, but when I was doing like 385x5, I could hit wrap up and hit a single at 495.

All I have are super juicy legs, ppl always seem to think I play college football, which is great.

>i hate those guys who put 5 or more plates on leg press
Das me homie. went from a 500 lb squat, and 585 lb deadlift to struggling with 495 on deads and 315 for 5ers on squat. Herniated disks blowwwwwww.

Also went from a powerlifting gym to a commercial gym after I blew my shit out

315 is great. I'd stay there as long as it is at least twice your body weight. Up reps at that point, instead of pounds.

I don't... believe you?

mang, i dont know.

I hate doing high rep squats, so once I got to 5 I would always just rack the weight pretty much, even on my warm up sets at like 225. Knees and back always hurt before muscles get sore, so I just plow through my squats quickly, then hit leg press and lunges for ages.

knee wraps also add like 50 lbs for me easy

I did texas method and got to 325 5x5 for squats. Pretty sure I could not have squatted 4 plate for a 1RM ,80 extra pounds is alot of weight. Unless you train to better a 1RM its hard to say if you can or can't do a particular 1RM

Really? Is texas method like a full contest prep program with a peek week and all that shit, or just a general strength building program?

>315 x5
>squatting 405 for a single

Are you pretending to be dumb?

Incredibly strong for non-lifters. Decent start for serious lifters.

This. Wish I could find a powerlifting lifting gym. Nearest one is 100km away.

Not at all. I am being dead serious, just checked ex.rx though, and that disagrees and spits out 354 apparently. Maybe I just was conservative with my sets when I was working my way up. Once I could hit 315 atg for a 5x5 easily, I was knocking out 90 deg trips with 405

I just hit 225x3 for the first time yesterday. 5'8 145lbs.

I'm trying my best.

Never gonna make it.

I go to LVAC and bro during peak hours you'll see guys doing anywhere between 2-4 squats at almost all times.

I think we're missing another key point is if the guys in the gym who are squatting above 2pl8 - 3pl8 are doing so with good form. I've seen about 6 guys at the gym squat 295lbs or higher and only 3 of them had good form, the others were doing 1/4 ROM

I squatted 225 for reps for the first time a few weeks ago and it got mires. Im small and weak as fuck because this board has made me think anything less than 2/3/4/5 is bitch tier but normies are impressed easily. It is pretty common for people to bench more than they squat at commercial gyms.

>90 deg

if that's referring to the angle of your knee joints, then you weren't squatting. that's literally quarter rep

What ply?

It depends on your bodyweight. If you're 105kg+ this is pretty mediocre but if you're a 56kg manlet it's pretty impressive. If you straddle the midline (e.g. about 77-85kg and not a lanklet) a strong squat is about 180kg (4pl8).

raw mine dude

Does it seem odd to anyone else that they have a hambeast regulating in a weightlifting competition?

ive been on and off lifting for a few years but only recently got onto a serious program for it. It's difficult to not ego lift because a few years ago in high school both my squat and DL were in the high 300s.

so was my bodyweight...but still. I wanna get back to those lifting numbers

You must not frequent /plg/

Wrong.

OP look up strength standards by age and weight, then consider morphology. You're intermediate, like most of Veeky Forums

One plate is 135lbs, kemosabe

My tip for squats is to avoid ego lifting. Take your time getting the technique flawless and do comfy lifts only slowly getting heavier.

I forgot dont powerlift as powerlifting is ego lifting.

i-is a 4plate squat for 3 reps ok, Veeky Forums?

>squatting unequipped

Holy shit just read the fucking sticky

>muh lifts

You have to prove yourself in combat

To not be a beta?

Functional life outside the gym x 1