I'm trying to lose weight I'm doing 1200 cals a day (6'1 220 lb guy) and I'm plateauing right now

I'm trying to lose weight I'm doing 1200 cals a day (6'1 220 lb guy) and I'm plateauing right now

What do I do?

Calorie count more accurately. If you are 220lbs then 1200cal will be well under your TDEE.

Make sure you are counting every single thing you put in your mouth, drinks included, and don't round anything down, you are almost definitely eating more than you think you are.

I am calorie counting 100% accurately. I drink only water and have 1200 per day exactly

I am worried that my body is going into starvation mode

That isn't a thing. Your TDEE can't be

Plateaus happen, no one really knows why afaik.
Just power through, in a couple of days/weeks you are gonna drop weight rapidly

Also there is no such thing as starvation mode.

Been cutting for a week and a half now. Started at 225 (post the initial water weight) currently at 217 been there for about 3 days now

Lol. Once you start reading about the benefits of fasting, it's amazing how many of these threads you start to notice.

OP, read this thread:

>3 days
You have problems

Yeah that's your problem, don't weigh yourself so regularly, or if you do, be aware that your weight will fluctuate. If you weigh yourself weekly you'll see a consistent drop in weight. Don't worry, your cut will work you just need to be patient :)

Worrying about a 3 day plateau? Are you fucking retarded?
Water weight alone can easily diminish a week or two of dieting on the scale

Also, if you weigh at the same time each day (ideally first thing in the morning before eating and after pissing/shitting) it will lessen any inconsistencies you see

Been on a 1500-1000 cal deficit for about 3 weeks. Losing weight for sure, probs down about 10-12 lb but Im like barely shitting.

Eating lots of ruffage and veg so I don't know what's up

6'4 240 down to 229

probably because that is an extreme deficit and you have nothing left. You should bump up your cals

Negro,
That kind of severe deficit should be saved for the last 3-4 weeks of your well planned cut. At this point you are not stalling at all (3 days is nothing) but at some point you will be. What are you going to do then? Drop to 800?
I suggest you to eat 5 days at maintenance and then drop 300 cal every 3 weeks.

Think its too much?

Really taking this cut serious but i dont wanna destroy my metabolism. I do a lot of cardio and lift about 3x a week. I still eat a good ammount but i find myself tired alot

>i dont wanna destroy my metabolism
Fuck off with your pseudo science.

There is no starvation mode, you can't damage your metabolism by dieting.

When you are at a deficit your metabolism gets slightly slower. When you are not at a deficit anymore it returns to normal.
This starvation mode bullshit happens when you are literally starving, when there is barely any fat or muscle left to burn.
And even that won't be permanent, you either die or you eat and return to normal.

>eating extremely low deficit at low body fat
Hope you don't enjoy having muscles, you really shouldn't be giving advice.

Even if he did mess his metabolism it would be so miniscule
This right here. I did it. Weaker as a result.

Do more cardio.

Do you increase your calories as you progress into your cut?
For how long do you think a normal sized male can sustain 1200 per day?

You gotta pace your self. Also being on a 1200 cal will fuck you up no matter what if you do it for extended period.

No, I just set a modest 500cal deficit, track weight once every week, take an average every month, and adjust calories so I stay around a 500cal deficit based on how much weight I am losing.

I'm sure a normal sized male could live for a very long time on 1200cals (if not forever), but that doesn't mean it's healthy or even close to optimal for muscle sparing weight loss.

If I'm 340 lbs and 6ft2 is eating only 1200 calories a day too few?

That's cool if you want your cut to last for half an year.

How often do you have 24 pounds to lose? If it's more than once, you are doing something very wrong