What to do now?

I went from 220lbs to now weighing 150lbs I'm 6ft 1 and 19 years old, I don't know if I should keep cutting or start bulking and I'm not sure on what to eat thatwill help with gaining muscle such as protien powders and what type of foods to avoid. I want to start gaining muscle in my pecs, abs, and biceps. I have a gym membership but don't know what machines/exercises will help maximize the muscles being worked to help with gains in my wanted areas. Help is greatly appreciated Veeky Forums I want to start gaining

Nigger you look like you just escape a final solution. Why the fuck would you cut?

Please lift, and eat.

I used to be 220 pounds and made fun of throughout highschool so I have body image issues, I honestly don't know how many calories I should eat for my age and height to help me make gains while working out. Rn I'm eating 1200 calories a day

Lift and eat. A lot. You have one of the worst bodies I have ever seen and I dread to think what will follow if you keep cutting. Just run Starting Strength and drink a lot of milk. Also, read the sticky

You're skelly as fuck. Bulk now and bulk till youre about 200-210 then cut.

Thanks for the advice! Also sorry if I broke any rules, 1st Veeky Forums post ever after years of lurking

I'm new at this but should I be eating more than I would burn working out? I plan on lifting at my gym and doing crunches and push-ups 3 days a week

At the beginning you need to eat at least 300 cal surplus (2800) cals at first. Then after awhile when you are plateauing, proceed to go another 300 cals and so on. Dont hard gain like 3500 cals a day. Youll just get fat. Do clean bulk and do some research. Read the stick and do SS.

>skelly as fuck

is he really? looks skinnyfat to me

Just stating this makes you sound like a newfag, also
>years of lurking
>types OP in name field
>filled subject
You forgot your email
Jesus christ

He is skinny skelly but he is close to the ideal body fat for muscle growth. Skelly+

>being condescending because other people aren't autistic enough to post on a tibetan bookbinding forum as often as you do

Yeah I never used Veeky Forums before, I was preparing to get called out on for not doing things right

if you start bulking and lifting you'll still look skinny fat for about 2 years. I'd recommend getting to skelly-mode and then bulking.

Time to bulk

Just eat and lift. Really focus on that upper body, theres no development there. If you eat clean and a lot you could probs get ottermode. Would be a long bulk tho

>years of lurking
>doesn't know about the sticky that gives an outline of every thing he is asking.

Bulk your brain retard.

But I'll bite. No cut or bulk. Just eat like a normal human being - and get at least 100 grams of protein a day. Track your food and weight, and if you start putting on fat, cut back your food. Easy.

As for lifting, do Strong Lifts (SL) or Starting Strength (SS) for at least three months. Three months as in one unbroken series of workouts, not fucking around. Don't do it for more than six months unless you are still making gains. After you have broken in your bottom-bitch body, you can start looking at other stuff.

roiding for this

Thanks for the advice! I will begin to bulk immediately

You were supposed to lift WHILE cutting to avoid that

Thanks for the help it's really helpful, also sorry about not knowing how everything works on Veeky Forums. One of the reasons I love this site is people are blunt and honest which I find to be the best constructive way to help me

why are you so kind?

How is he this skinny and still have bellyfat? This is skinnyfat, not skelly mode.

Clean bulk and lift. Good job with the weight loss, good luck with phase 2.

I was more focused on not being a 220 pound fatass so I stupidly ate 500 Cals a day and unfortunately I didn't cut properly

How did you manage to starve yourself like that? I'm struggle to eat at 1500 cals and I'm not even a fatass.

Probably super sedentary life and no exersize. If you sit around all day, you dont need that many calories.

OP, please, eat at least 200g of protein a day, that will make you bulk and the extra protein will give you some extra energy, focus on arms (including shoulders) and back, so you'll look better withing months, and in a year you'll look pretty fit if you keep eating a good amount of protein and lifting heavy

Mama ain't raise no punk, unfortunately she raised a skeleton though

Getting made fun of was great motivation, honestly without bullies I would've still been a fat fuck

I actually run a lot, the combination of doing a ton of cardio and not eating properly screwed me up

Just make sure you do it right.

Lots of people dirty bulk and use it as an excuse to eat whatever they want. If you could cut for that long a clean bulk would be easy. Just watch your protein

OP - did you spend your years growing up doing nothing but sat on your ass all day playing computer games? you have the same body as me when I started.

Yeah I was a lazy fatass until about last year where I did a crap ton of cardio, what did you do to fix yourself also a goal picture of what you look like now would help

You have a high bf% and low muscle mass. I personally wouldnt change anything about my diet (except cutting soda) and just exercise more. You're still 19 so you have a bunch of testosterone. It isn't rocket science. You use your muscles to strengthen them.

>being this skinny but still fat

Oh and to add
What this guy said. 200 is too much tho, especially considering you're probably not vegetarian (vegatarian? idk). I'd aim for 100 extra.

also 19, been on SL 5x5 for 5 months now. sorry for the shit picture it's the only one I got on my pc, but I reckon I've done alright considering I did nothing but play games for 10 hours a day all my life
I think growing up sedentary will fuck your bone structure up. now I'm a wristlet and have wide hips
penance I guess. I'll be happy when I hit 1/2/3/4 in 3 yrs time probably
you can do it user

I already cut soda and have gone a year without it I guess my problem now is to stop eating foods with high sugar counts like some smoothies that I'll get. Also I drink 1% milk is this ok? Should I cut milk and only drink water?

Daily reminder:

Don't overdo it at the gym, injuries and tears are more common then you think. It's not worth having to stop activity all together for days/weeks/months by trying to push yourself past your limit.

Just tore my forearm extensor? I'm guessing (underneath in lower forearm couple inches from wrist) with a very mild grade 1 tear. I didn't even realize it till I saw it swollen. Won't keep me out of the gym but I'll be trying to avoid using it as much as possible this week. No real pain just some numbness and tingling when I touch it. Pretty much unnoticeable...nothing like my bicep a few months ago which was healed in 3-4 days. Got lucky.

That's sort of besides the point, it just reminded me not to kill myself at the gym and figured to throw that you guys' way.

Wow great job! Thanks for the help, good luck with your continuing progress!

FUCK wrong thread, didn't mean to post in this skinnyfat bs

I'll definitely try to keep that in mind, thanks!

I personally only drink water. If it fits within your calorie limit sure you can drink it if you really like it. But if you replace it with water you can eat more. Sugar per se isn't bad, you can have your ocassional smoothie (unless its a really fatty/excessive one). Some fresh fruit and low fat yoghurt is fine for instance. I wanna stress not going overboard with protein. 100g in your daily diet is FINE. 200g EXTRA or 100g fucks up your kidneys and gives you kidney stones.

>people still fall for the bulking/cutting meme

honestly you deserve it

Honestly there's nothing wrong with bulking/cutting, it's how you should work out if you want any results...it's just most people don't know how to do it and end up putting on ridiculous amounts of fat. If you're getting fat by bulking then you're not doing it right. Fat gains should be very minimal.

OP you forgot to workout

Cut to a six pack, bulk until it disappears, rinse/repeat.

Change weight gradually. Lose 1-2 lbs a week at most when cutting, gain less than 1lb a week when bulking.

Until you're past the intermediate stage, just fucking train the same all the time, whatever cycles of basic bitch programming you need as they're supposed to be done. Most programs have a "to do" if you stall etc. just expect more stalls and resets when cutting.

You should have been lifting from the moment you decided to lose weight. You cut back the auchwitz survivor inside you trying to escape. Congrats. Now feed the poor bastard and lift some heavy ass weights because he badly needs to build some muscle.

Srsly bro, you look like shit, start a slow bulk and fucking lift ASAP.

>this is what lanklets look like

Tell me again why being over 6ft is a good thing?

I fucking love your comment, made me laugh for a solid minute. Thanks for the advice, I wanna correct my mistakes when I did a shitty cut by eating properly and hitting the gym. Thanks again for the laugh and advice!

Don't worry about it because you never will be. OP can actually change his situation...you can't.

He could have at least let us know what materials he favors for his bindings. Fuck him.

dude you have a shit tier normie sense of humor

start lifting and get the fuck out

as many reps as possible for deadlift? kek.