I want to be strong, /x/

I want to be strong, /x/.
Idgaf about aesthetics or body fat %, I just want to be dirty strong.
Maybe not world champion strongman, but strong enough to swing grown men around by their ankles.
What's the RIGHT way to do this?

>/x/
Holy fug, *Veeky Forums

I've been adding five pounds to the bench every week since I came back to college this year. I started at 185 and came up to 225. I took a break from adding weight until a couple weeks later when I realized I never want to go below two plates again. I'm at 230 pounds with seven reps today.
I've been pussyfooting with deadlifts (only doing reps of ten or more occasionally) until this week. I'm at 295 pounds at seven reps.

4 days a week. each day gets a main lift.
lift that lift and do a few other exercises, whatever you want, it won't matter for a long time.
do that routine for a year

SS+GOMAD

holy shit I'm jealous
I'm shit at bench, and cant add more weight because my wrists will hate me

Oh and I want to do this "naturally"/"clean".
I have the right bone structure and metabolism for gains.
It's not that I haven't been getting results.
I'm just trying to formulate the best, effective plan still.

You are hilariously disproportionate.

I have a weak ankle (pre-arthritis). We all have our weakness. I'll probably never participate in a marathon, least not without making myself really crooked.

Okay so help a nigga get right

alan thrall

HEIGHT and FRAME

start with babies.
move on to toddlers.
then school kids.
teenagers.
young adults.
grown folk.
heavier and heavier.

>progressive overload

Allan Thrall isn't that strong though, he's just exceptionally unasthetic
It turns out, OP, that, all else being equal, building muscle makes you stronger, so your programming will likely look just like everyone else's--just eat more than does everyone else.

I also want strength, narrative strength. I want to find myself in situations that I can solve in a way nobody even considered: strength.

"How we gonna move this log?"
>Moves it.

"How we gonna move this fridge?"
>Moves it.

"Oh no, I'm losing control of this heavy and unwieldy object!"
>Saves it.

Just keep hitting it. Keeping hitting it and, this early in the game, keep trying new things with your form. Watch videos, read, listen to your body, this will give more gains than the actual muscle training.

that's really stupid, friend, don't you know the world isn't anything like this?

>squats 3pl8 for 20 reps
>not strong

It is though. One of the most popular subjects of stories are strong people. Paul Bunyan, Hercules, Atlas, Angus McAskil, John Henry, the list goes on. I'm naturally a big dude, so I've already been in some situations where my strength was an unexpected solution to a problem. I love the feeling, but not the feeling of biting off more than I can chew. That's embarrassing, so I want to get much stronger. That's it.

if you train 20 rep squats, you should be able to do them with approximately 65% of your max
compare allan to any powerlifter: he's nearly 70 pounds heavier than johnnie candito and not nearly as strong (not to mention clarence)
he also lowers his voice and grows out his beard to seem more masculine, it's all a very bad look

buddy, your evidence for the world being a certain way is literal fairy tales--please take a step back

>/x/

Going for those super natural gains... Actually makes sense, being supper natty and shit

For real though, big compound movements and eating copious amounts of food.

Stories are a projection of the culture that produces them. These stories are exaggerations of the experiences of the people within that culture. All cultures value strength. Everybody in the world is amazed by and admires strength.

Not to mention my own personal experiences with strength, which are the main, concrete impetus I've got for getting stronger.

cultures have historically valued strength, largely, in later cases, for symbolic reasons: John Henry and Paul Bunyan didn't represent 19th century American ideals--their strength enabled them to play a *symbolic* part that was valuable to early industrial-revolution-era laborers.
From none of this does it follow or is it even suggested that strength is often or ever useful--it's fetishized, maybe, but that's only because our cultural values are out of sync with the ways of the world.
When the world needs someone to move a refrigerator when there are no tools in sight, it will be sure to give you a call. Otherwise, the world, real challenges, real obstacles, don't work that way anymore, if they ever did.

Pick heavy things up, put them down.
Repeat until you hit the required results.