Why don't you do Cardio again?

runnersworld.com/health-injuries/1-hour-of-running-adds-7-hours-of-life?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_term=852593674&utm_campaign=Runner’s World

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5045256/
youtube.com/watch?v=tvMgO7ZyBa4
youtube.com/watch?v=IImT5Wytcck
youtube.com/watch?v=0xhSaegdRKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to when I lose enough weight

I just hate monotonous long distance running.

Gonna go to a track and train my 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m and 1,500m

>be on death bed
>1 hour to live
>spend my last minutes alive doing cardio
>literally out run death

It's boring and I don't want to live as an old fart anyways

I don't enjoy it.

Running is dull.
I cycle about 150-180km per week though, for exercise, plus maybe another 30-50km on roads (I do some coasting)

Fuck running, cycling is where it's at.

>click photos of bicycles

clever bot.

>run one hour, gain seven hours
>repeat ad infinitum
>be immortal
Checkmate atheists.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5045256/

>not specific to weightlifting
>hard to recover from
>may be more damaging than helping
>why not do Hitt with weights
>why not do LISS instead

>Hitt with weights
If you're a weightlifter, you don't know the meaning of HIIT.

hehe yeah ;)

Seriously though. I've done interval runs to the point where I literally collapse and lose consciousness. That's what it means to train high intensity.

Weight lifters will never know that pain.

maybe you shouldnt do that then.

Master Roshi?

>doesn't want to git gud

>i trained till i fainted
>i know inensity
> good job

youtube.com/watch?v=tvMgO7ZyBa4

now squat 40% of your max for 20 plus reps for 4 sets

youtube.com/watch?v=IImT5Wytcck

youtube.com/watch?v=0xhSaegdRKQ

>really strong guy spends literally one (ONE) minute lifting
>this is what lolifters consider to be HIIT
Wow so hardcore. He almost looked a little unsteady there at the end.

>gonna lose muh gainz

I bet these muscleheads can't even last 10 minutes in sex or run 100mts before their hearts explode.

If I run 3.5 hours every day will I unlock immortality?

I run 1 mile a couple times a week. Usually 9 minute mile. Trying to break 8, but it's taking time.

Here's the difference between weightlifting and hard running.

After weightlifting your max and breaking a PR, you feel fulfilled and can't wait until you're able to hit the gym again.

After running 5:30 min/miles for a half hour and breaking a PR, there is no such sense of fulfillment. You want nothing more than to keel over and die, and this feeling only compounds after every subsequent run.

>Gonna go to a track and train my 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m and 1,500m
I used to hate/love working these in pyramids.

I feel proud when I break both running and weight PRs. It's an accomplishment of being better than before.

Except after a run I feel light as a feather and so wide awake it's like I'm coming up on mdma. Too bad it only lasts a couple minutes.

I was like that with running at first. And then I realized that I would have to keep at that hell every single day for the rest of my life if I wanted to keep those PR gains.

I can understand easy running for fun, but I refuse to believe there are people who go full out four times per week without killing themselves eventually.

because eventually you wil stil ldie

didnt work so well for greg plitt

Asthma and arthritic knees

I can last for up to 40 minutes and I do ZERO FUCKING CARDIO. Now fuck off, skelly.

>Run for an hour every 7 hours
>live forever

My brehs

it drs brah

Because I'm too much of a lazy fuck to run during winter and right now I have stuff for uni going on
But Next week im back

i do the superior form of cardio which is cycling and rowing. running destroys strength and hypertrophy gains

>le runner's high meme

Even if it exists, it's not worth the agony and neither is running on the whole

but I warmup with a mile everytime I go to the gym

REALITY:
>Run for 30min
>Meat head gets tired
>"I-I was j-joking brah hehe"

>t. only ever ran to the fridge

>Run all day,live forever

Hey runners, what's the best way to train to lower my mile time?

I'm currently at about 6 minutes/mile and I want to train for a 5 minute mile by the end of the year, if possible. I used to be able to do that back in high school on the track team.

Should I just keep trying to run faster and faster for 1 mile, or is it better to try to run for longer at a 6min pace?

>one guy who ran 15 hours a week every week for 10 years, roughly 2 hours a day

This is a pretty extreme case user, probably doesn't affect people running 40km a week

My brehs if running is hurting you're doing something wrong

75 second 400 metre repeats
2:30 800 metre repeats
Recovery days
Easy runs longer than 2 miles

Some of us simply enjoy a challenge.

I do
>bike 4 miles each way to the gym
>bike to the library and grocery store as well
I probably average around 70 miles a week on bike

I have a follow up question similar to this. What is better for weight loss? 1 quick mile or a 2 mile jog?

I jogged 3 miles almost daily for the last 2 months.
My cut is still doing fine without the cardio, I plan to resume cardio when I´m lighter weight. I now only take long walks like 5-6 miles daily.

>running
>living longer
literally the two things I'd hate to do the most out of all possible things

I've squatted until the last rep was a slow negative, after which I couldn't move my legs for a minute, had to climb up using the power cage as leverage.

I've deadlifted untill I collapsed.

If you cannot do HIIT with weights, you're just lying to yourself about being fit.

Also, I've also done hill sprints non stop, until the hill punched me in chest.
Interval runs have nothing on lifting intervals.

>be somekind of weird combination of weight lifter and runner
>get to 80kg on my squats, do dumbell carries, to diddly lifts as well.
>suddenly the specific muscles that are used in those exercises, also are used in running and they wear down almost instantly.
>body tries to adapt to the broken muscles
>all of the legs more or less start to break down as the error moves up and is being compensates by other areas
>eventually completely have to halt nearly everything for two weeks
>still cant really recover fully for some weird reason (may be somekind of weird mix in my nutrition.)

cant even really find out what is to blame for it all, really annoying. Used to run almost 3 times a week, got to 18 min on 5km.

>running is hard
>can literally do it for hours
wow running is so hardcore it takes forever for it to get difficult

Hello, /n/iggers

I do cardio tho. As long as you are not a manlet and aren't outrageously ugly, cardio and some push-ups/pullups are all you need, on top of a nonautistic personality.

Well then I'm gonna start doing sprints backwards

/n/iggering is literally the best cardio. Fun as hell, gives you nice legs and a joocy ass, get to go cool places, get a nice cyclist tan, etc.

I like cycling but my fat ass keeps on breaking my bikes.

I have deadlifted so much that I've had a subarachnoid hemorrhage.

The problem is that serious runners keep getting injuries.

I work in a hospital, and there are a tremendous amounts of (semi)serious runners there. Lots of knee pains, sore ankles and injuries. If you've still got enough vitality to work through them, you're good though. There is this guy in his 60's who still runs half marathons with an average speed of 14km/h, the dude's an absolute beast when it comes to running. A real dedicated athlete.

The problem is you lose quite a bit of that conditioning when age and acumulated injuries prevent you from running. Of course, his health will still be better than that of someone who only ever sat on his ass.

Everything is a tradeoff though. Life will kill you.

Who is talking about serious runners? Professional athletes of all kinds are more prone to injury.

By serious runners I mean people who have done running as a hobby for several years. By no means do I mean professional athletes.

I mean people who do 5k's and 10k's as a hobby. A serious hobby, sure. But it's still a hobby.

If you're under 30 you're less likely to be bothered by these kinds of injuries of course, but one poor fucker who was into both 10k's and hiking had a damn hip replacement when he was 42.

Don't think I'm dissing on running. I've got respect for everyone who takes their sport seriously. Doesn't matter if it's powerlifting, running, or even bowling or curling. (unless you are crossfit scum. Then I will unconditionally hate you) I'm just saying there are trade-offs to everything.

Having to deal with chronic injuries is just part of the deal. The problem is most people tend to gloss over these kinds of things. And they do get worse with age.

It's strenuous and if you're constantly running on pavement it can and will fuck your joints up, the only time I'll run is if my life depends on it, I'll stick with cycling

This study proves otherwise. What do you have to say now?

good work user

>do 24h of cardio for that sweet extra week of life
>die

Reminds me of the Billy and Mandy episode where good habits literally add hours to your life and as a result of that Grim can't reap Mighty Muscle something

Why do you think people say cardio kills gains?

I used to be a college runner. I transferred to another school which was division I, which I wasn't fast enough to run at (you would need like a 4:10 mend. I ran like a 4:30). I quit running long distances but I'll go to a nearby track and run sprint intervals of 100-200 meters every so often. It's fun, takes less than an hour, and involves more body systems than plain running, though not as much cardio.

This is what I would recommend to you lifters who don't want to do cardio. Jog 5-10 minutes, do 8x100m sprints, jog another 5-10 minutes to cool down. Way better than 30 minutes on an elliptical.

Also please stop saying jargon like HIIT. You just end up sounding stupid.

*mile not mend

I hurt my knees and I'd rather do martial arts

eat more

>tfw cutting hard
>cardio 4-5 times a week and it's so fucking boring
>gym has youtube on ellipticals but I've watched fucking everything
>no magazine rack so I can't prop my phone up and watch netflix

fuck this gay earth

>i've watched everything
allofmywhats.png

Find new shit. Find some youtubers who release content regularly you enjoy..or at least tolerate.

HIIT for 20 mins, lad

>wanting to live longer

Why?

does he run with a ski mask on? why does his face have no color compared to his arms?

This. What exercises can I do to guarantee me a quicker release from this hell?

Crossfit. Literally.

Deadlifts
Skull crushers

>no suicide grip bench

>?utm_source=facebook.com

Thanks Lori

For how long should I be resting my legs? Is it counterproductive to run with sore legs? I'm doing 5x/wk with 2 consecutive rest days trying to lower my 5k time. Also eating at a deficit.

you can run everyday just not fast everyday. if youre particularly sore you can still go out and run very slowly, this will increase the blood flow to your legs and actually speed up recovery. source: used to run 70 miles per week

Thanks.

So ideally I should probably be trying to beat my PR on Mondays and training hard the rest of the week until I'm too sore and then switch to long distance/low intensity?

Im not going to try make this too complicated, but this is how you would best do it very simply (not knowing your 5k PR, but assuming it's not too fast)

Work up to running a minimum of 30 minutes a day 5 days a week with a 45-60 minute run on a 6th day. Or 4 days of 30 and 5th longer of 45-60 Depends how much you want to run. This should all be at an EASY pace. Not so slow that ur hobbling along, but not fast enough that you couldnt keep a conversation.

Once you can do that you can have one day a week where you run harder. You can try beat your previous PR, or try to run within a minute or two of it. I would do this on tuesday (after an easy run monday)

Lastly, run "strides" one day a week. You can look these up to get a better description, but basically they are RELAXED fast running that lasts 15-25 seconds. You jog back slowly and repeat, doing 5-6 of these on a flat surface. These help your running form and also help your leg speed. I would do these on fridays. Other than this, the longer run, and the harder effort run, it should be all easy days or 30+ minutes. Depending on your skill level.

Do this and you will get faster at 5k without a doubt. Yes its not a "quick and easy" way to lower your 5k PR but it is proper beginning runner training.

>be on deaths door
>bout to bite the bucket
>say "NAH FUCK THAT" get out of bed
>start running
>one hour of running adds 7 hours of life, another 6 hours on top of the one i already ran
>never stop running
>be fucking immortal

YOU FUCKING MAD? I'LL BE OVER HERE LIVING FOREVER AND YOU'RE GONNA DIE BECAUSE NO CARDIO

Thanks a ton! This looks perfect

I'm doing SS but I'd like to take up jogging to work too (5k). Would I be able to do this while on a cut, or will that kill my gainz?