/fat/ Fatty General

fatties too lazy to make a new one edition

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=how do I get my friend to lose weight
youtube.com/watch?v=7rNY7xKyGCQ
youtu.be/Av3LO2GwpAk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw you eat 1kg of cheese at midnight

At leat I'm getting protein and doing keto r-right?

No fucking way you ate 1kg of cheese. I refuse to believe any human could consciously down that much cheese in one sitting.

First for don't buy into the refeed meme, after 3 weeks of clean cutting at 1200 calories a day i decided to eat the same food but reach 2800 calories. Feel like complete shit and i feel a massive log incoming too, i probably did nothing to my body but waste a day of cutting

Been fitting my jeans way better and it feels really loose now. But my weight stayed the same for like 3 weeks. Am I doing ok?

What the fuck nigga

It's alright I just had a diet soda

Small steps right?

same happened to me. Don't worry about the scales too much, focus on the process. If things feel better, they are better.

I guess the elite fatties aren't here yet, at my worst (350lbs) i could EASILY down a kg of this cheese that was made by a local farm, it was the stringiest and most delicious cheese i've eaten to this day, it was like eating cheese silk

But then again op ate cheddar so it was probably one of those yellow cinder blocks of processed garbage, still

>tfw cheddar cheese in the UK is delicious and highly respected but because of some dumb fat americans it has a bad name all over the world

>13g net carbs from JUST cheese

you still have 7g carbs to spare

EAT BIG
TO

Question, did you like, sat on your couch and ate it like a snickers bar?

God I just made a thread you fucker

Just lost 4 KG in 1 1/2 week

feels good man

>"I can't figure out how to use the catalogue"
confirmed never going to make it

bump

>overheard my parents saying they're proud of me for turning my life around
I can't give up now, /fat/boys.

/fat/ I need someone to talk to and you guys are probably the only ones who might have a smudge of caring

>27
>only ever had gf at 20, left me because dick is small
>ballooned to 330 last year at 5 8
>decided enough was enough
>have gone to 270
>work full time second shift
>gym was a way to not feel depressed for a while but it's coming back
>being on my own I've had to get in to some debt like a retard like buying a bed for my apartment
>interest is starting to get me
>trying to get another job just part time bullshit
>"you are overqualified" "we need your hours to be more flexible"
>stressing out at gym over this when trying to clear my mind
>stressing out more at work
>catching myself thinking about stress eating (indulged I think a total of two nights)
>my life is crumbling
>I don't want to have to move back in with parents
>I don't want to gain the weight back
>voice inside my head is telling me it's probably time to really go through with killing myself

I don't know what to do.

grats on losing waterweight you prick.

Dudes. I am craving for some Taco Bell.

is it okay to eat t hem as long as I'm far below maintenance cal intake?

>500 to 1000 calories a day diet
>go from 211 to 201 lbs in a week
>eat fried rice/sweet and sour pork with bubble tea for two days
>barely go over my restriction but still feel bad

Can't wait to see how much I lose for November

I look forward to see myself lose weight after I take a dump. Anyone else do this?

They're 190 calories with no lettuce each, so eat two with diet pop and have a small dinner.

Just made this

>half an onion
>2 cloves of garlic
>1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
>1 can sweet corn, drained
>1 can diced tomatoes, drained

Sauted the onion in 1 tsp of olive oil and added the rest, then added some basil, oregano, parsley, and pepper. Very low calorie and tasted great.

that's fucking incredible, like in the same way pro bodybuilding is incredible for pushing human bodies clearly past what they're made to do

Keep at it!

Talk to a councilor

You've done awsume so far

Debt is a fact of life, so don't stress it to much,. Deal with it like your weight, keep hitting it a bit at a time and soon the debt will be manageable like your weight

I've been curious about this 1000 calorie diet thing

Are you sure you're not weaker for it? you're not losing muscle mass are you?

I'm super pig mode user, I'm okay with losing muscle as long as the fats going too, gains can come once I'm at a decent non manboob weight

>They're 190 calories with no lettuce each
Then they're like 191 calories with lettuce? Why you hating on lettuce brah

I just googled it, that's all, lettuce fucking rules. I wanted tacos today too to be honest but I didn't give in

Good on you. Too many people focus too much on muscle loss when they have bigger concerns like their heart and diabetes.

Get a Spicy Potato Soft Taco and ask for it Fresco Style. It's under 200 calories then.

>Diet
>Losing like 1lb / week
>Decide to try some clean eating diet because I want an gold star on my physical exam
>Holy shit lose 25lbs in a month
>Decide to relax a little, don't need to lose that quickly
>Stall
>Try to go back to being strict cos I want that fast weight loss back
>Apparently I can't fucking remember what exactly I was doing because I still stall
>Go back to 1lb/week diet

Part of it was certainly because I barely ate any salt for a month. But it was glorious to actually see the number on the scales move noticeably for once.

My diet has been months of trial and error. A lot of what helped me get my shit together was using MyFitnessPal and logging everything I ate. If you put in the correct info it will tell you if you are in calorie range or not among other things like sodium.

This marks the start of my journey from fatty to hotty. Wish me luck bois

stats?

Just finished my first 5x5 workout literally like an hour ago.

I just did the squats with bodyweight cause I don't have the form down completely yet.

Is 5x5 the only workout I need? Or should I do some cardio on my inbetween days? Or cardio everyday? Mostly trying to lose weight right, I wouldn't mind working on muscle in the meantime though.

Take a before pic for your own records.

Starting off at:
>97kg or 213 lb
>176cm or 5ft 9in
>body fat ~ 28% (not 100% sure just a rough estimate)

good idea

Cardio 2x a week.

You won't get the form down for squats completely until you are squatting heavy weights (>100 lbs) because your balance shifts when there is more weight. Make sure you push your knees out and follow all the instructions in Starting Strength.

So tall!

BF % is a load of garbage so don't bother. There's no real way to figure it out. Even the expensive scans are inconsistent.

You'll ruin your metabolism if you lower your calories to much, expecially if you are exercising alot as well. Look what happens to those biggest loser people. Better to cut slowly.

Make sure your knees don't go past your toes that fuccked me bad once I got lifting heavier.

Those biggest loser people were never taught how to eat properly or how to exercise or lead an active life.

They ate rabbit food and clean as fuck, took certain vitamins, and were put through a soul grinding boot camp for the enjoyment of obese people everywhere.

They didn't gain it back from metabolic damage. They gained it back from going back to their old habits of way too much food, too little exercise, on top of injuries they probably sustained in those insane workouts.

right? i never understood the need for bodyfat % i just included it anyway. also im not sure it 176 is tall... just average i think

on another note, I am completely new to working out... any tips yall could give a brother whos just starting to go to the gym?

>You'll ruin your metabolism
This is a meme. The key is to make sustainable changes to your diet. This is why crash diets almost always fail, you torture yourself for a while and then go back to eating unhealthy

>Crash diets fail
They don't actually. You do in fact drop fat and weight.
The problem is that they don't fucking know how to eat properly to maintain that weight loss, up their daily activity level, do any form of resistance exercise and or cardio, and on some level they want to get fat again because they and everyone around them identify them as being fat and want to slip back into that.

my best friend weighs over 400 pounds, and nothing my friends or I try do can can motivate himself to do the work. "it's my genetics". i feel bad, i wish there was more we could do

>The problem is that they don't fucking know how to eat properly to maintain that weight loss
That's what I meant to say

Not enabling him is a huge step. I'm not sure how close your friendship is, but you could try talking to him about it, stressing the health reasons.

my shitty scale says im the same BF% as you at 6'5, 230 lbs

dont trust these things

That's a super low intake user.
Try upping it a bit as that low can really fuck with you, exhaustion, over training, hormone issues, loose skin, possible bingeing, and gallstones.

nice try you son of a whore but I was eating clean for 4 weeks now, going with a daily deficit of 700kcals + sports (3x jogging + 3x lifting /week)

Semi/fat/boy here

I'm my late 20ties now and have decided to get rid of my beer gut now, because fuck that noise. I used to be quite fit in my uni days, so I'm quite confident that I can pull through this. So far things are going quite alright. I'm crossfitting, threadmilling and rowing away like a merry motherfucker.
I do have a few questions, though, maybe you can help me out.

>is there any way to specifically focus on my gut fat? (Probably not, right?)
>How do I fasten up the skin again?
>Do you know any carb substitutes that are not ridiculously hard to find or expensive?

Ta

we're super close, and literally we've tried everything, including what you suggested. it's always the same response.

How do you crossfit exactly? Is it a class with other people?

No way to focus gut fat. Stop avoiding carbs like a retard and focus on eating healthy carbs - vegetables, whole fruit, whole grains.

>just drank a 3-liter of diet-cola
Am I gonna make it?

That is painful to hear. I wish I had better advice, but I don't really know what to tell you. You could try searching google:

google.com/search?q=how do I get my friend to lose weight

They seem to have better advice than me.

Noted what the fuck thats a huge disconnect

thank you kind sir

I do it on my own in the gym and pretty much do what the machine tells me.

And way ahead of you, my dude, I only avoid carbs post-workout in the evening and instead sip my protein snake and some fiber/protein at the side.

What about loose skin?

you can't get them to lose weight, they have to want it

Honestly user, I feel for you. I know you really want to help and get him to be healthier but he needs to realize on his own or any change that you induce in him won't last. He needs to want to lose weight for himself otherwise he'll never fully commit.

Kiddo, I'm around 350 lbs right now and I never fucking ate more than maybe a 250 g of cheese in one sitting. I'd be shitting cheese from every hole in my body if I ever had to eat more than that, and we're talking about real Polish cheese here, not some amerifat "yellow" cheddar.

Reminder to eliminate soda from your diet, even diet soda.

I used to drink 4-5 cans of soda a day and I haven't had a drink of it for 6 months now. I recommend starting with sweet tea which has just as much sugar but helped me break the habit of the taste of soda. Now I drink unsweetened. You can also get flavored sparkling water which tastes weird at first but if will eventually grow on you at some time.

Trust me anons it will be hard once you start but once you get in the mindset that soda isn't something you consume I don't notice it's missing anymore.

your knees can and will go past your toes just make sure they dont go past a shitload

I used to drink ~2liters of pepsi max a day in highschool and didn't wash my teeth too good.

Now I've got 2 teeth removed because they've basicly rot off and root canals in 6 more. Also it gave me distal bite which means I'll forever be a babyface chinlet

I have no idea. Use moisturizer maybe? A topical vitamin A/C/E maybe?

I don't really know. Depending on how overweight you are, you may end up with loose skin. Having more muscle will help fill you out. Some people opt for surgery to have some excess skin removed. Again, it depends how overweight you are.

Remember that being fat can't be covered up with clothes like loose skin can, and that being fat is destroying your health. So even if you end up with loose skin and can't pay for surgery, you're still better off.

www.scientificamerican.com/article/6-years-after-the-biggest-loser-metabolism-is-slower-and-weight-is-back-up/

Widen your stance.

I see, thank you.
And nah, I'm not even obese, I'm just fucking sick of my gut. The rest of me looks quite alright, if I do say so myself.

If you're not obese or elderly, you'll probably be fine. Just use moisturizer.

If any fatty wants to do cardio but knees/ankles can't handle the impact of running, I'd like to endorse water running.
Apparently it burns about ~800kcal/hour with good intensity and it's pretty fucking hard to injure yourself. Just be sure to check out youtube or something for proper technique to get most out of it.

Is Dr. fung's work reliable? i don't really care if he thinks calories in calories out is bs but he says that you lose the same or sometimes even less lean mass while fasting for long periods of time vs for example a 1200 calorie diet.

Recumbent bike. You can buy one for like $100.

>tfw fell for dirty bulk meme
>tfw almost summer and not gunna make it
>tfw seriously thinking about taking DNP, but not really

Dr. Fung is full of shit.

Here's the only video you need: youtube.com/watch?v=7rNY7xKyGCQ

keto+if+ec

My stance is wide. Depending on your leg geometry if you go low your knees are bound to go slightly over your toes.

Vegan fags...awesome.
You'll live the exact same amount of time as an omnivore but you'll end up being retarded.

Gon be gud

Fasting is useful for dropping fat it should not be used frequently though I have found.

Hey bros
Fatty here cut calories to 1400 from 2400, no weight loss that I can see from scales. Macros are 40 40 20 as per sticky.
I probably need to cardio and weights right?
I'm Fucking terrified of exercise, haven't done anything for 8 years...

I remember watching a YouTube video on squating stances by some physical therapist it fixed me up great. My stance is pretty damn wide 6' 3" now but very comfy. Essentially you should be able stand with your toes against a wall and squat down to parallel, can't do it? Widen legs.

You fat boys should post some meal ideas. I've been living off of rice, veggie mix and baked chicken for too long and I need something different.

You aren't counting calories right or are expecting results too fast. Keep at it for a month and you should see loss.

You don't have to do any exercise to actually lose weight, but it does help your general health and well-being

Do some cardio at home for now, if you're so scared. Anything, even a fucking Wii with Punch Out, just try moving your ass more often and keep counting calories, nothing else matters for now. Go to the gym when you lose a bit and feel more confident.

Found it
youtu.be/Av3LO2GwpAk

Do any of you take appetite reduction meds? I don't know how to cut my calories and deal with feeling hungry 24/7.

You can eat literally as many vegetables as you want

I am though user... Got my scales, scan every Barcode on myfitnespal and enter it all in religiously
I'll try and not bail from it... Maybe something will change
Thanks user just worried I'll die from cardio hahaha

>Thanks user just worried I'll die from cardio hahaha
Post your stats. I'm sure I weight more than you, and I can do cardio normally, just without putting pressure on my knees - but it's still possible.

How long have you been at it?
You can lose weight consistently for 3 weeks or so and not see it on the scales due to water weight or shit.

so I'm 6'3 285 lbs down to 274 as of this morning.
I have not been counting calories very much. more just changed what i eat.
no more fast food, no more soda, no more booze, no candy ( occassional coke zero when i really just have to drink something other than water or coffee)
I've been lifting 3 days a week and walking the dog for an hour or so as often as i can through out the week. I intend to start couch to 5k soon, i'm just a little leary because my lungs are fucked from smoking for too long. I have not quite kicked that habit yet. Advice would be welcome there.

anyways would couch to 5k be better after lifting on lifting days or in between lifting days for max recovery time

6 foot 105kg A week now user. Remember when I was 145kg years ago and would lose 1-2 each week consistently, dieting now though isn't giving me the same results

truth i sat at the same weight for like 3 weeks after starting working out then seemed to drop like 3 pounds a day for a week

Have been drinking 2-4 liters a day for the first time ever. Going for a whole body scan at my local gym to find my body composition on two weeks