twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Push some weights on bench
Pull some weights off the floor
Squat some weights and calves

Sounds weak

Try CoolCicada, OP

>and calves
ishygddt

I'm doing PPLPPLx as a beginner routine and am making sikk gainz.

After each PPL, so every 3 days, I switch from doing strength, to volume, to hypertrophy, to strength, to volume, to hypertrophy, etc etc...

could you give an example of each of the workouts you do for strength, hypetrophy and volume?

Depends on the goal. Mine looks like this:
Pull:
Deadlift/Pendlay rows
Dumbbell rows (if deadlifting)
Seated cable rows
Back flies
Lat pulldown

Push:
Flat bench
Incline bench
Dips
Flies
Rope pulldown dropsets for lols

Legs:
Squats
Leg extensions (do high reps on these, usually 16-20)
Leg curls
Calf raises

And instead of a rest day:
S:
Shoulder press
Shrugs
Hanging leg raises
Decline crunches
Curls (3 sets of overhand, hammer, and reverse)

PPLSPPLSXX is the routine. Most people hate, but I'm making relatively consistent gains with it so I'm going to keep going until I stop gaining strength.
~7 months in atm

>After each PPL, so every 3 days, I switch from doing strength, to volume, to hypertrophy, to strength, to volume, to hypertrophy, etc etc...

Broooooooooooooooooooooo

How is your OHP and Bench progressing? what did you start at 7 months ago and what are you at now?

Are you happy with the visual results as well?

I'm doing a PPLxPPLx program, but want to put something during my rest days.

>After each PPL, so every 3 days, I switch from doing strength, to volume, to hypertrophy, to strength, to volume, to hypertrophy, etc etc...

how is volume any different from hypertrophy

OHP progressed to 100x8 with standing barbell, I have no clue what I started at.

Bench started with me on 40lb dumbbells, incapable of benching 115lbs on a flat bench more than once. I was incapable of benching 135 for a single rep. Now I bench 165x6 for my working sets. The difference, to me, is astonishing.

Squats had a lot of work as well, I went from 135x3 to 225x1 and 185x6. All of this is at 5'8 140. I think I started at around 130lbs. I understand I need a lot of work, but I have progressed, and nobody can tell me I haven't.

PPLPPLx

Pull:
Deadlift / Barbell row (Alternating every pull day)
Pull ups
Some cable work, seated rows if I haven't rowed that day, cable pulldowns etc.
Ez bar curls
DB hammer curls
Shrugs

Push:
BB Bench
OHP (Alternating between bench and OHP every push day)
Dips
Lat raises
Cable flies
Skullcrushers
Rope pulldowns or some other tricep stuff

Legs:
Squat
Leg extensions
Leg curls
Calves
Some ab work

8'ish months in
150 BW
100 OHP
140 Bench
250 Squat
310 Diddly
My bench and OHP are lagging A LOT, how do I get them up? I seriously look like I'm born without pecs. :/

>There are newbies on this board who train 7 days a week only to gain 10 lbs in 7 months
Come on guys. You took the trolling too far

>150 BW
>100 OHP
>140 Bench
>250 Squat
>310 Diddly
Did you start on SS or something? No way you can even 1rm a proper 310 dead and 250 squat if you can only bench 140. Trex mode. Bench more, stop alternating bench and OHP, get rid of lat raises and skullcrushers (or another tricep isolation, only need 1), bench and incline bench every push day. You can OHP the same day you bench you know, you can do it instead of some other tricep work so you hit your shoulders and pecs both twice a week.

Did you bulk or count calories? What are your calories like?

If it makes you feel better, I lowered my bodyfat % pretty significantly in the process, and do cardio in the mornings 3x a week. I gained muscle and lost bodyfat at the same time, not a lot of people can say they did they same. It's not easy to do, but with noob gains I gave myself a good slate to clean bulk off of.

>tfw eating 3k calories/day now
This shit sucks.

Oh sorry, I fucked up. I already bench and OHP on every push day, I just alternate which one I do first.

youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5iCcKzg2Q

Feeling pretty good desu. PPL is the new SS

PPL is nothing like SS. If I did SS and GOMAD instead, I'd be 165lbs, have ~10lbs of muscle more, and significantly more fat. I knew since last year that I wanted to work on a "summer body" for this year, so that was my goal. Slower muscle gain, still significant strength gain by my standards, but SS+GOMAD would mean heavier squats and higher lifts.

I probably wouldn't be able to drift through 8 minute miles like nothing though.

>Pulling GOMAD out of your ass
You do know that you can do SS without following Rippetoe's dietary "advices", right?

no you cant

YNDTP

You need to add 5-10 lbs EVERY workout on SS

>YNDTP
This.

The only reason SS is worthwhile at all is when it's coupled with GOMAD/super heavy bulking. It's a strength training program for beginners to make extreme gains before noob gains wear off by bulking like fucking monsters. If you aren't bulking heavy, SS will not work for you. You have to understand the intended diet for each program/routine, you can't do GOMAD for fat loss just like you can't do cardio for strength training.

Isn't that PLL?

pull push legs rest pull push legs rest

>

push pull legs push pull legs rest

It's called micro cycling and is a well proven method to strength and size gains

Sure.

All exercises stay the same during each micro-cycle, I only change reps.

So...

STRENGTH
mon - Push (5x5 on everything)
tue - Pull (5x5 on everything)
wed -Legs (5x5 on everything)

VOLUME
thu - Push (8x4 on everything)
fri - Pull (8x4 on everything)
sat - Legs (8x4 on everything)

HYPERTROPHY
mon - Push (12x3 on everything)
tue - Pull (12x3 on everything)
wed -Legs (12x3 on everything)

STRENGTH

I hope this is clear enough. If you've got any other questions, just ask.

See the image if you need some more info.

>micro cycling
I don't deny it's a thing, but it's unnecessary, and only marginally useful at best for a beginner (which you say you are). There is no need to such training complexity early on.

You do more volume on your hypertrophy days than your volume days you fucking mongoloid

Lmao let me

Why would deadlift be on pull day and not leg day