Sleep on floor long-term

sleep on floor long-term

yay or nay?

If you use a mattress on the floor you'll want to put it on some kind of spacer to let it breathe, at least every now and then.

What no clearly no

I had constant back pain while living in a house with a very fluffy mattress, moved to Japan and started sleeping on the flloor and it went away. Anecdotal evidence I know, but it worked for me.

more likely u were more active in japan. sitting down all day destroys your back

Did it for half a year. It's pretty great, especially if you don't have much room, and it helps with getting up, when your alarm goes off, instead of pushing until you really have to. Only works if you have no intimate relations, though. Because women can't deal with not being comfortable.

wrong

clearly

Yay
On a traditional tatami mat like in your pic
It's the best
Put then I dislike soft mattresses

Remember to roll your mat in the morning to let both mat and floor breathe like said (that is to say, avoid a buildup of moisture that would make it possible for mold to grow)

I've started sleeping without a pillow and it's helped me wake up clearer and easier.

So, a bed.

I love slept in the floor for years. It's alright. You get used to it pretty quick.

>in the floor

are you dead?

>are you dead?

Only on the inside.

no because i can't sleep on my back

L O N D O N

Wait seriously people do this

Ok i'll be willing to hear reasons but atm i think you are all retarded

>Wait seriously people do this
Yes it's called being Japanese

I did it for my Batchelor years. It was a pretty ascetic lifestyle, but it felt amazing. I just used a folded over blanket and hung it up during the day.

Sometimes I'll get a pillow and blanket and just sleep on my rug, it's comfier than you'd think

Hey me too!

>Sleep on back
>Get the Falling Dream every fucking time.

Nope

>Not living the /stoic/ lifestyle
Plebeians.

Extreeeemely subjective. Might be great for one person, horrible for another.

Though I would venture to say that super soft beds are bad for most people. Also don't buy a used bed, ever. For MANY reasons.

Can't stand springy beds myself. Hit the point in my life where I finally needed a new bed from the one I dragged with me when I moved out from home. Came to the realization that I don't HAVE to buy a springy bed.

> Bought a sturdy futon.
> Shit's so cash.

I did it for like a year.

Back felt very flexible. Also I think I got a bit taller