Hey friendos. I need some help, and maybe someone here has been in a similar situation...

Hey friendos. I need some help, and maybe someone here has been in a similar situation. This is somewhat s medical situation. I've been lifting for 3 months noe and I've seen great gains over that time and I'm addicted to it now. I go to the hospital every 3 months to get treatment for Ulcerative Colitis. Yesterday after taking my blood samples they told me that my liver values was to hight and that it might be because of the supplements I'm taking with my workout. They want me to stop taking them. My question is if anybody here knows anything about supplements affecting the liver?

I'm taking creatine, bcca a gainer for extra calories. I've been trying a pwo a couple of times aswell.

I'm scared of losing my gains :((

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/living/tip-how-lifters-should-read-lab-results
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can also add that I have had liver damage before som years ago

Would you rather lose your life than lose your gains?

Ofc not, I just have the feeling my doctor dosnt known too much about this. I can understand the amino acids that gets worked in the liver. But I can't see why a gainer is bad for the liver.

Anyone?

Bump

Bump

go crazy on probiotics, ie. make your own milk kefir, drink apple cider vinegar first thing in the morning, eat more greens, cut out gluten heavy carbs, problem solved

So you mean that if I take these steps, my liver will be healthier and I can get back on my supplements?

yep, i had a friend that had the same thing, almost doesn't bother him at all now. if you notice you get really bad gas at the start,as in get the fuck out of the room stench, you'll know its working.

Thanks. I appreciate all the info I can get. I'll do some more research around it and talk to my doctor. Do you know what specific supplement your friend had problems with?

it wasnt any supp in particular, its just the extra strain on your guts from this way of life. if you have a pre-existing condition it just makes it harder. look at running high fats, and also cycling milk based protein with pea based protein, its not as high protein, but your stomach will appreciate it.

Thanks man, that makes sense. The milk protein has fucked with my ulcerative colitis before so. After I got new and better treatment my colitis is good, but yeah I think I have to change alot about my diet if I want to keep doing this.

You don't really need those supplements anyway. Sure you can work around it, but is it worth it for maybe a 4% increase?

I'm thinking the same.. I'm going to keep following my routine and see if I'm able to progress at close to same rate.

If it's any help I took both Creatine and BCAA for years. I just recently stopped both a few weeks ago and I've noticed no difference whatsoever in my training.

Thanks that makes me feel better :)
Who knew fit could be a place for good advice and motivation outside of the sticky

look man, the whole Supplement Thing is just a meme.
You would have had the same gains if you would have ate only bananas and Grapes too!

Just try it, try a raw diet for 3-6 Months. Your are going to thank me.
Dont believe fags that make Money out of you dying!

Creatinine is measured in your liver I was told the same thing. It's because when someone isn't on creatine their levels are low and doctors don't understand. Ofc if u stay on creatine for more than 8 weeks without cycling your going to lose your liver after a long time. My doctor told my mom when I was 15 to throw away all my supplements becusse of the creatine levels in my liver. But honestly supplements are useless an waste of money but whatever floats your boat.

5 more scoops goddammit

I was a MMA fighter in Germany, was taking light supplements like you, alot of Proton shakes. I had a motocycle accident and broke my spine.
Then i began to get interessted in my health.
1 year now i try to eat vegan raw and i train alot.
I can walk again and im fucking stronger than guys 10 Kilos above me in the gym.
I try raw vegan, but im eating eggs again.
Im in 18/6 IF one months now and i did not lose any gains.
Old pic, now i look better

>Ofc if u stay on creatine for more than 8 weeks without cycling your going to lose your liver after a long time
LOL, seems legit

Man you can't just say shit like this without some sources. This is how memes are made.

t-nation.com/living/tip-how-lifters-should-read-lab-results

here you go bro, good luck

I really appreciate all the feedback from you guys/girls. I'm glad I asked here. I'm reading the article that was posted and I can really relate.

came here to talk anonymously about my addiction. i dont know about your addiction but i found my rootcause: my parents were always busy, whenever they spoke to me it was always about my Tourette's and the only thing they knew would keep me sane is exercise. also, my brother in law left us. i ll never forget how my sister cried and i heard that from upstairs. the guy was a drug addict. now i am a fitjunk, great...

injuries, abdominal tears, 2 burn-outs, LOTS of cold turkeys and LOTS of fighting with people close to me. never felt so little while being so big.

lift, enjoy it but dont hurt yourself. the minute you release that endorfin rush you are exposed to an addictive substance. just stop before you hurt yourself, tell yourself that you are good enough and that you are allowed to skip one workout a month.

edit: i have withdraw symptoms as we speak, tonight it s gymtime again. i have to lift a lot less weights if i ever wanna survive this addiction. that sucks, it ll be another cold turkey tonight simply because a 100 KG barbell is not a fix big enough to me