>stare at the walls for hours
>play vidya and shitpost
>get sick can't workout
>4 days without a drink
When does this shit get better

>life seems pointless
That's because it is

I'm trying to stay sober user.
I need more hope then vidya and chinese cartoons.

yeah, your having withdrawl senpai.
exactly how much did you use to drink?

Some day you'll die and no longer deal with the pain of living. Get strong in the meantime. What more hope do you need?

I quit too OP. About 2 years ago. I've drank a few times since but VERY controlled and VERY moderately.

The shit is pure poison for your body. It fucks your life up. It did mine. Take a second to be proud that you've made it this far. You're fucking doing it man. Keep it up.

>stare at the walls for hours
go to the closest indoor swimming pool, swim a few rounds, chill out and creepily stare at asses and boobs, swim some more rounds, take a nap on your towel, go home to cook dinner. eat dinner, fap to mental images of those hot bodies you crept on. congratulations, you've spent 4 hours and had some good cardio training.

I got sick from a flu not withdrawals.
I used to drink about 6 beers say 5 days a week. It kept creeping up.
A reason to exist?
I can't swim for shit.
I walk about 5 miles a day atm, it helps. When I'm sober I get more horny so I fap around twice a day. I try not to go above that because it takes so long to find something to get me off.

>When does this shit get better
Weeks for the obvious physical shit.
Months for the cravings and ideas when you see booze in the store etc.
Year or more sober for fully-restored clarity of thought.

At least it's not meth. Those poor fuckers will never be normal again.

I'm not physically addicted just psychologically see

I haven't had a drink in around six months, OP. I was a degenerate alcoholic at age 27 and it was killing my gains, along with my soul.

It gets easier. It sucks right now because booze made doing shit-tier things fun, like gaming and watching TV. When you quit drinking, you actually have to do things like a normie - build furniture, go for runs, read books, play sports, whatever.

Iktf, op

Giving another go at quitting after having some minor withdrawals on Sunday/Monday

I think im doing okay though. Been a shitty month
>gf who I thought I was gonna marry suddenly didn't want kids or to get married( thanks Jews)
>people getting fired left and right at work
>bronchitis for 2 weeks

Been back to lifting and I've been counting my calories hard. Even though its been a shitty month I've lost 13lbs and my lifts are going up.

Booze is fun until it turns on ya. I don't get hangovers any more. I get withdrawal symptoms, extreme paranoia, jumpiness, irritability, extreme anxiety, shakiness/ weakness, feel like im not in my body.

Im just gonna kick this shit out.

Similar boat. I like getting drunk, but I don't need it. I've got a coworker who got fired because she was in recovery and relapsed, and would like.. Drink the liquid at the bottom of screen-cleaning wipes to get the fix she needed.
Just do it one day at a time, my dude. Know that there is betterment at the end of the road. As long as you are aware that you don't need it and just want it, you'll be able to make the right call.

Believe me, quit it. It took me 3 month to party like a boss again, but it was worth it. You'll feel like shit anyway when drinking again and waking up with a hangover. so quit. good luck, senpai. i feel your feels.

>5-6 beers a week

Not a contest but by most standards youre not even a heavy drinker.

I would smash 20-40 units in a weekend and maintain with 3-4 a day during the week.

If its a negative factor for you, cut it out but youre not bad yet

>5-6 beers a week
Go back and actually read what I wrote
>I used to drink about 6 beers say 5 days a week
This. It's been getting in the way of fitness goals and mental goals for too long.
Thanks Fampai

It took me 21 days to Get my energy back. Good luck

On the 5th day...

.....and is Sir interested in perhaps taking one of these entirely complimentary not at all indoctrinating in a cultist manner pamphlets to peruse at your own leisure?

...though booze detox is more difficult than giving up cigs, dope or coke probably... you won't miss it when its gone i reckon

6 beers a day detox can't hold a candle to dope detox fool.

Any good advice to quit weed lads? What worked for you?

Fill your time with hobby. A lot of people (me included) smoke weed out of boredom or emptiness. You can fill both with a time-consuming hobby. Also read, but not everyone like to read nowadays.

It took me little over a month to get through the shit. But I did. Used to down 1 bottle of Scotch a day, but once I kicked the habit, my life turned around.

Now 7 years sober, best shape of my life, happily married and my first kid will be born within a week.

It's there brother, light at the end of the tunnel, but you gotta keep your shit together. Don't go back to the bottle, just a few more weeks and it'll turn around.

Stay good bro, I believe in you!

I don't have physical withdrawal.
You'd need to be on at least a whole bottle of liquor per day for that.
figure out what you do when your high and then do a more interesting version of that or things you can't manage when toasted. Like go for a walk, or play vidya.
I used to smoke a little when I was younger, depending on what you got couchlock could be pretty bad and I'd spend the night hungry af with nothing worth eating in the house.
Weed is over-rated.
thanks senpai.

>I used to drink about 6 beers say 5 days a week
It's fucking nothing. why do people drink such small amounts of alcohol constantly and destroy the liver for nothing more than a slight buzz? It's better to get properly drunk once or twice a week and then give the liver time to regenerate

Kinda what said, find something you like to do that requires you to be non-baked

There are studies that actually show the opposite. 6 beers is enough to get me moderately drunk and that's where I wanted to get everytime I drank.
Normalfags who go out and get smashed every saturday night and go clubbing are unberable and have empty lives usually.
And my liver is fine senpai.

30 beers a week is also not nothing.

I quit the booze 4 months ago.
It's good to get back your weekends and have a bit of control.
My pro tip is to get past the 2 month mark and it becomes easier.

>There are studies that actually show the opposite
I've seen several studies that claimed that frequent drinking of even small amounts is much more damaging to the liver than binge drinking, but I'm too lazy to look for it

>Normalfags who go out and get smashed every saturday night and go clubbing are unberable and have empty lives usually.
>tfw I drink 1L of hard liquor every Friday while sitting in front of a computer
wish I was normalfag enough to go clubbing

Well it doesn't matter I'm clean now.
I'm not a normie at all and I've been out clubbing many times. it's what people I knew liked doing and I wanted to get drunk so I went.
You are missing nothing, it attracts niggers, nigger-tier behaviour and whores (not pretty usually)

You have to find your own reason/purpose it's part of the journey. You can't ask a Kazakh stamp collecting forum to tell you your calling in life.

Have a hobby? Put more time into it
Have a passion or a dream? Pursue it

Fucking this lol!
What he is saying is go enjoy life. Don't be a cry baby about it. You could also go to a wal-mart and people watch fatties for a few hours. Just don't think so much and go amuse yourself

t. I kicked heroin 1 fucking month ago. Yeah it emotionally sucks a little some times but my free time is spend enjoying things like said. I like to wear sunglasses at the gym to stare at asses.