Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums

I am a female, I have 1.66cm and 76kg, I want to lose weight so went to the gym. My personal trainer passed me an exercise program where I do much more weight lifting than aerobic/cardio, about 30 minutes of cycling or elliptical and one hour of weight lifting. I've heard that lifting weight helps eliminate fat and tone the muscles, but I want to get smaller, just without a lot of fat and skinner. (pic related, my dream's body)
Is it really ideal for me to do this kind of exercise program?

>(you)

Do you have same experience as your personal trainer? No ? Then do what he tells you to do

have your you, you piece of shit

>I am a female
>FELLOW HUMANS

kek mate, just go with the transition already

>1.66cm
fucking manlet

If you would rather ask a Chilean Thread Organizing Bulletin Board than listen to your trainer, you don't need a trainer. Follow their routine for a few months and if you don't see results do something else. It's not rocket surgery.

No, you don't get a (you).

OP here
You guys only work with timestamp?
Sorry for the bad photo, I just wake up...

So, is It really ideal for me to do this kind of exercise program? (Just wanna loose weight)

Your goal body is not athletic at all, drop some cash on your tits and you are good to go.

If you just wanna lose weight, eat less to create a caloric deficit.

Read the sticky, pick a program and stick to it.

Just work out at a calorie deficit, which means you should eat less or just eat healthier food instead of shitty processed stuff.

Don't starve yourself though, and don't be scared of weightlifting.

Lifting burns more calories than cardio, you dumb piece of shit. You won't get "too bulky" because as a woman you have the skeletal structure and test levels of a pre-pubescent boy and you'll build almost no muscle.

Also, read the damn sticky.

>hey dicks VAGINA I'm fat and my PT doesn't want to fuck me any more how do I read the sticky?

To lose weight, you have to eat fewer calories than you burn. It really is that simple. The human body literally CAN'T function any other way.

Weightlifting builds muscle. Muscle burns more calories. So longer term, having more muscle will make it easier to eat fewer calories than you burn.

Main thing will be diet. Weight training while dieting (with enough protein) will help spare muscle and ensure most weight lost is fat (or water).

>mfw thinking of you cutting

OP here
Thanks guys, you are (mostly) really sweet :)

>what is sticky

you will never make it

>1.66cm
Too tall, disgusting

Im no white knight but thinking about you being sad is literally hurting me.

Cardio and lifting weight is good for toning up the body. If you want to lose weight, your main thing will be your diet. To lose weight, you have to eat at a caloric deficit, meaning you have to eat fewer calories than it would take for you to maintain your current body.

Studies have shown that lifting weights and cardio do very little to help you actually lose weight. So lifting weight will TECNICALLY help you lose fat...but not much. It WILL tone your body. It's good for you, don't get me wrong, but it's not the be-all end-all way to lose weight. Diet is the biggest thing to deal with when losing weight.

He's probably making you do the cardio and weight lifting to tone up your body; which itself isn't a bad thing.

>So, is It really ideal for me to do this kind of exercise program? (Just wanna loose weight)
YES.

Strength training ensures that you lose primarily fat when you lose weight, which is good.

Cardio is overrated for fat loss. It's helpful, yes, but you can't out-cardio a bad diet. Diet, calorie control, is the biggest thing to losing WEIGHT. The strength training makes sure that the weight loss is biased to FAT LOSS and not lean tissue. The cardio is good for health and also helps burn calories and also keeps fat-burning systems in action, but honestly is the third-most-important item on the list.

You won't get big and muscular, because you're a woman, it takes years of serious training to even start getting big for a woman, and most of the ones who look muscular are on drugs to boot. Hell it takes years of training for most MEN to get muscular.

Do the program, it honestly sounds decent.

Also you need great genetics for that dream bod, but keep in mind that a fit you will probably look pretty damn great, esp. compared to the old you.

>1.66m

Dropped. If i wanted to fuck a giraffe i'd break into london zoo

please be in london

>I'm no white knight
>I'm just a faggot
Answer her question or contribute to the thread, user. No one wants you and OP to wallow in sorrow in front of the rest of us.

you

pls be in london

Youre an idiot, lifting barely burns any cal compared to cardio. You lift to build muscle and increase your bmr, not because it burns a lot of calories. KYS moron

I eat chocolate mud pies every week and keep a fit figure because I burn too many cal doing cardio. Cardio is great for fat loss, real problem is too many ppl are lazy and do half assed cardio for like only 20 min

Do whatever the fuck you want in the gym, it literally doesn't matter.

Focus on a calorie deficit.

Also you've got a nice face, would fug.

>1.66cm
>cm
God damn, and I thought 1.66m was too short.

Just put up a squat rack by the designated shitting street.

>rocket surgery
fucking kek.

Just do a calorie deficit of 15-25% and you are guaranteed to lose weight. Exercise is just bonus, don't rely on it. However cardio is great for adding to weight loss, and when I started strength training the pounds just burned off way more than cardio alone. You're lucky you get a pt, I wish I could know if I'm doing shit right

Also don't eat back the calories you burned through exercise. Don't eat regularly and rely on exercise alone for the deficit

Turk?

>lifting barely burns any cal compared to cardio.
>these are the kind of people giving advice on Veeky Forums

He's right though. Cardio is better for burning calories than lifting. But both are basically worthless if you're tryingto lose weight but aren't eating at a deficit.

>implying raising BMR isn't the same as burning calories
>implying an hour of cardio burns more calories than lifting weights for an hour when you include the recovery time
>implying you know jack shit

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

your goal body have fake tits, lipo suction and light weight workouts and Hiit cardio, do this 4 times a week along with caloric deficit and you'll be fine in couple months

>literally this thread

Nah, mate. Try lifting heavy-ass weights for an hour and a half and compare it to cycling/jogging for the same amount of time.

Though, I do both anyway.

hes right.If you only do cardio you will lose weight but have zero muscle and will get no figure.Ypu need weight training to form your body into shape unless you will look like
>pic related

t.manlet