How the fuck do I stop

Sup Veeky Forums?
I'm a 24 year old alcoholic, this weekend was the last straw. I spent 2 days drunk without sleeping, woke up covered in piss and don't remember everything.
I probably didn't eat anything, since I usually don't. I'm a fucking skelly, just have a flaccid stomach because of beer.

I want to get Veeky Forums, I haven't drank anything since the weekend and am trying to put on some weight. Quitting smoking atm, going slow but going strong. I don't want to be full beast mode, just want to be aesthetic AF, might as well change my whole life. I have ZERO pecs and that's the part that disturbs me the most about my body, that and the fact that my ribs are super obvious.

What the fuck do I do? A friend of mine recommended I try Insanity but he is a faggot so I'd rather get advice from you fags.

>but he is a faggot

And you're an alcoholic. You really should try to choose your battles you gigantic retard.

I was in a very similar position to you a few months back. 24, alcoholic, never really done any physical exercise, and other aspects were starting to suffer in my life. Started drinking heavily at around 21, ended up on a bottle of gin / vodka / whisky a night. Woke up one day with excruciating pain in my upper back which must have been my kidneys or something so stropped drinking and it took a couple of days to go away.

Anyway, joined a gym. Started really easy as my fitness levels were almost nil. I was a tad overweight from binging on crisps etc when drinking. I went with as much cardio as I could do as a warmup (took a few weeks to get up to 10 minutes cycling / running without stopping) and then using some of the weight machines after. Didn't want to fuck anything up using free weights until I was over the hill. I aim for a little and often, usually 45 minutes to an hour per session, 5-6 times a week.

Diet hasn't been too bad, replaced bread / rice / pasta with whole meal stuff and learned to cook. Made a point of not buying shit like crisps etc. As for drinking, I cut it out entirely for the first few weeks and now I just have a couple at the weekend over the course of an evening. I started drinking a lot of green / fruit tea in the evenings and a lot of water. Never took up smoking so can't help you there.

I feel much better now, and I think I look better too. Nice being able to actually sleep at night and i have saved a fortune not buying alcohol all the time. Boredom was hard, took up video games and sometimes go for walks. I can now do cardio for a lot longer and lift more weight for more sets / reps so I am slowly making progress. Just glad I am not an alcohol any more. Good luck user, you can do it.

Rehab. I replaced heroin, cocaine, pills and alcohol with getting fit as my new addiction .

this is delusional or trolling

probs trolling so 1/10 making me reply

1 bottle of liquor a day amd u just quit cold turkey? idk user as someone who has dealt with addiction, not alcohol but other shit and spent many a nights reading drug forums as a means to cope with withdrawal.

a bottle of liquor a day is a pretty intense addiction. I would imagine at that point you would have atleast 8 days of withdrawl from fucking your gaba receptors up so much..

You sound agitated. Have a drink to calm your nerves.

I did yeah. Either I got lucky or my addiction wasn't THAT bad, as soon as I got the upper back pain I was scared shitless that I was going to die so had to stop. Could barely get out of bed. They were 70cl bottles, which was actually pretty easy to drink starting at 5pm or so and going to bed at 12 - 1 ish. The worst part was towards the end I never really felt properly drunk after all that. Probably helped that I am quite tall (6'2 and about 210lbs when i quit) so it probably didn't affect me as much as say a 5'1 skinny girl.

he did say 'ended up' at a bottle a day, probably wasn't like that for long

Go to a meeting, AA people are nice and only the old retards give a shit about the god part of it

Willpower is a finite resource, so using willpower to push through several huge life changes all at once can backfire. For example if you're emotionally drained (i.e. difficult situation, shitty day at work etc.) you might start to drink, smoke and binge eat all at the same time again fucking you over big league. Instead keep one vice as a coping mechanism. Want to drink? Have a smoke instead.

If you also get into the habit of doing x amount of [exercise] after every smoke you're golden, its what got me into Veeky Forums in the first place. Its not really about the exercise itself (15-20 pushups every hour are negligible). You either smoke less or exercise more turning a allround shitty situation into a slight win/win. You take a bad habit and combine it with a good habit and eventually replace the bad habit completely.

Also, read pic related.

AA worked for me. Sober since 2002.
Other tips:
Never cold turkey alc, always wean off over time.
Never try to overcome multiple problems at once. Get some time sober before quitting smoking or going on a diet or starting getting fit etc.
The group dynamic of being around others who are trying to quit helps. Yes there are lots of insincere fucks in AA but those are everywhere, drama, too, easily avoided, also avoid the court-ordered fuckers and avoid all women in the program.
Get a sponsor who has some time in and seems like he shares your story. Be in a hurry to do this, but don't be in a rush, if you get my drift.
Pray. Let loose of your (((learned ideas))) about God and trust in Him even though you have to admit that you don't know a damn thing about Him other than that He loves you and will listen and help if you earnestly ask Him.

your size and age obviously helped, but never forget that back pain you suffered. Consider yourself lucky you got out of your addiction so easily. Long term alchol abuse leads to one of the most hellish withdrawls mentally and physically that some people legit have a seizure and fucking die... If you dont the die the physical and emotional trauma from withdrawal can be one of the most frighting episodes you can imagine, complete with psychosis..

Im glad you made it, never slip to far.

how crazy is it that some people will go on cleanses for a month and not even have a caffeine. I wish i could do it and really give the body a full reset.

spoken like a true vet of getting clean.

Cold turkey is never the answer always taper,

Oh absolutely, what I experienced was no where near what some people will go through. Figured since OP and me are the same age he might get lucky too. I have read some hellish things about withdrawl, always figured that I what I was doing wasn't that bad and that things like that didn't happen until people hit their 30s and I could get away with it. Quite glad I had the wake up call when I did otherwise I would have continued and ended up in a much worse situation.

Thanks user, I am not going back. Things are so much better now.

I quit weed and started getting drunk everyday to replace it.

Then I stopped myself from drinking on the weekdays and I started craving weed, but I've been off weed for so long I don't really want to smoke anymore.

I'm terrified of becoming an alcoholic. I feel like I would become one of I let myself be. Yesterday I was eyeing a 40 of rum and had to make sure I didn't grab it and take a drink on passing.

My rule is to never drink alone

Do you all think you self medicate with drugs and alcohol because you have an diagnosed mental illness?

But heres the thing, if you do, they will just prescribe you a drug.

Nope. I'm not one of those faggots that lies to himself about """"self-medicating"""" to justify his addiction. I leave sobriety often because it's enjoyable. Simple as that. If I believed I was self medicating, I wouldn't have been able to stop smoking 3 blunts a day cold turkey while still having a roommate who blazes.

Willpower is a finite resource is not true. There was a study that found people who believed that will power did not run out really did have the psychological fortitude to continue where others quit. Try reading "The Power of Self Discipline" the more you train your willpower the stronger it gets. I'm not saying to quit things cold turkey, but set yourself up for success and don't expect to fail or make excuses like "I don't want to run out of willpower brah" when I realized this I completely changed my life. I used to be sparing with my willpower for fear it would "run out" but once one area improved it was natural to improve all areas of my life. This is such a toxic bullshit lie about running out of willpower it drives me mad because I believed it for so long and it held me back giving me an excuse to fall back and be lazy.

if my friends only talk to me when they want me to drink with them, are the really my friends? and if not what do

I did this and quit cold turkey. I have drinks on weekends too, no desire to become a booze hound again.

Now if I could just stop my public masturbation habit. THAT's an addiction.

Alcohol is poison and it is degenerate. I have my time with it. Had to quit because its literal trash. I didn't quit cold turkey because I'm not a weak willed bitch. I drink very rarely for special occasions.