ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3370421/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21106691
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11319710
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27569118
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17372321
drmalcolmkendrick.org/2014/05/13/salt-is-good-for-you/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, why the fuck are you starving yourself?

wtf why are you doing this.

Show me where the meme touched you.

because scientific research shows that fasting has tremendous health benefits and is an excellent way to lose weight.

Yes.

take some salt

Not when you do it for 3 fucking days you literal retard

Why are you doing it at all?

Just lower your carb intake if you want to lose weight stupid fuck.

This is the only correct answer

As an alternative you could eat sodium rich foods. Make sure they have a low water content though.

educate yourself.

3 days is the best amount of time to fast you fucking faggot

Hahahahaha I've seen some dumb shit and then there's this

Is this study peer reviewed? If not, this data sheet is shit.

I've only ever started bodybuilding to raise my REE levels ty fit

>REE

Takes several days for your body to adapt, you'll get used to it. Plus the health benefits are incomparable.

found the study in question

m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/71/6/1511.long?view=long&pmid=10837292

fasting gets rid of fat.

>raise my REE levels
Why don't you just spend some time on /pol/ user?

You're a moron

Sounds like you're doing it right, OP. I just wouldn't go past 5 days. From what I understand, at that point the majority of what your body starts to eat is muscle instead of fat.

I did a 3-day water fast once and it only got sorta bad for me around the end of day 3. Of course, my body had time to prep since I had been doing intermittent fasting for 6 months beforehand.

>so desperate to lose weight that you stop eating altogether
>all those retard ITT supporting OP

Remember folks. Anytime you ask advice on Veeky Forums, these are the people answering you.

/pol/ is more autistic than Veeky Forums. He will raise his ree levels even higher

>ignoring all the studies that prove it's actually beneficial

A couple hundred years ago, you'd be one of those idiots who thought the Earth was flat because you couldn't see it curving in the distance.

>not linking said studies

I'm almost at 100 hours of fasting.

OP: Make sure you drink salt water and use Epsom salts.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3370421/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21106691

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11319710

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27569118

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17372321

Drink water fag
Just don't eat for a while

I'm almost at 100 hours of fasting.

OP: Make sure you drink salt water and use Epsom salts.

This tbqh

not
I would genuinely like to see some of these studies. Can you provide 3 links?

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i am on day 1 and and feel amazing

>le carbs are bad meme

'autophagy' I believe its called, more for the idea of cleansing ones self as we are more evolved for intermittent fasting than a continuous supply of food.

Have considered a fast myself however does sound brutal.

Also dont trust your farts, chances are you will shit yourself.

this is now a fasting motivation thread

I'm on 40 hours. The ghrelin induced hunger pains are barely noticeable and easily defeated. I'm drinking mostly water and one or two glasses of salt water a day. I went for a 15 minute jog. I feel great and there's no stopping in sight.

I have 8-10lbs to lose til I can see abs and I'm going to go as fast as possible to the finish line.

I'm just going to ignore the CICO cunts because they're literally insufferable morons.

> le carbs aren't bad meme

audible kek. man thanks.

>not eating for 40hrs to lose weight
>disproves CICO
I think that fast is killing those last few brain cells you have

I fast daily 24 hours. There is always at least 24 hours between my last and first meal.

If I go longer than that, I get extreme diarrhea when I resume eating. 30 hours without food and when I started eating in 5 minutes I had to go to the toilet and spend there the next 30minutes.

>CICO is retarded
>I'm going to not put any calories in my body for 40 hours so I can lose weight

(you)

no even close faggot

Is this a ruse, or are you genuinely this retarded?

45 hours here, looks like we started around the same time in the last thread.

Doing water/coffee/diet sodas, but figure I should cut out the diet sodas next time for the full cleanse. It's my first time doing any kind of fasting so I don't feel too guilty about it.

Ran 22km at 5:10/km earlier, burned about 2k calories from that. Trying for 60 hours for the fast, but will probably raise it to 72 next time I try.

Yes and no. It's completely normal to feel like shit the first few days of a fast. It gets much better afterwards. Also, 3 days is way too short for a fast to have any beneficial effects.

Yeah definitely cut them soda's out. It's tough but it gets easier. That Jimmy More dude said its like exercising your fasting muscle. He's right, I've been trying and trying and this time is definitely the one I go for the longest PR I can.

I'm way out of shape though so 15 minutes was a lot for me, fucking HR shot up to 189. That's incredible though man, keep it up. My mind feels on fire, kinda hard to calm it down for bed. Feel sharp as a tac.

Half way through the run I felt like I had some kind of enhanced runner's high. idk if it was just a placebo, but it was pretty amazing either way.

Might be placebo but who cares, it inspired you. To be honest reminding myself of all the incredible things fasting can do for you is what keeps me going. I've poured over countless hours of Dr. Fung's material, absolutely love the guy.

I started a fast at 6am today and will end it at 6am tomorrow. It's short I know but it's my first ever so I'm starting small. What's this I'm hearing about salt?

>water fast
>Am I doing this right?
You're fasting on water. You're not fucking doing it right. You're a fucking idiot.

There's a difference between starving and fasting. You're doing an african style fast - i.e. starvation.

All I know is salt is really good for you and it won't inhibit autophagy. That's why I drink a cup or two a day of salt water. You can do it without just fine, though.

drmalcolmkendrick.org/2014/05/13/salt-is-good-for-you/

Oh I thought it was a necessary part of the fast or something. That's good to know though thank you, I'm gonna check that article when I have time. Anything healthy I can just add to some water is nice.

>I just wouldn't go past 5 days. From what I understand, at that point the majority of what your body starts to eat is muscle instead of fat.
Takes way more than 5 days in general. Only when your fat reserves are nearing depletion does the body switch to a mostly proteic metabolism. Before that, it does use about 20-30 g/day of proteins for gluconeogenesis. Still much less than the amount of fat it uses.

104.5 hours of fasting and my breath now smells fruity. I guess it took this long because of all those years of eating 4+ slices of bread every day, but it feels fucking good that it's finally happened.

God speed homie. Are you doing it for the weight loss? If so how much you looking to lose?

>Studies show

kys

Thanks. I'm fairly thin everywhere except my belly, which means that I'm at least a bit insulin resistant. Gonna just keep going until the belly's gone, or until I can't resist food anymore.

I think once I start eating I'll do keto with a few 24 hour fasts per week.

So you eat one meal a day in a few minutes or do you mean you fast 12 hours?

I honestly don't know what I"m going to eat after this diet. My main perogative is staying away from refined carbs and processed meats. More of a paleo diet. I have like 10 lbs to lose though so this is going to be a religious scale fast. I'm fucking tired of being fat, I was 205lbs when I started the counting calories meme last new years. Lost like 10 pounds but I was miserable.

I'll be around 165, 160 when I finish this fast. Feels good.

What fasting protocol are you doing?

I might also eat some carbs (~100g) on training days. Just because today's workout was pretty terrible.

Yeah just eat all those carbs in one sitting and you should be fine. Won't take long for your body to burn through them.

As far as my protocol goes I was doing just black coffee and water with a few glasses of salt water a day. But I've heard good and bad things about black coffee as it pertains to autophagy so I'll switch on and off days where I drink it and don't.

I'm way out of shape, went for a 15 minute run today and was destroyed, will probably have a rest day tomorrow depending on how I feel. I'm on 40 hours now, going as long as I can.

>putting yourself through the hell of extended fasting

>not doing IF and eating once every 24 hours

You get more benefits from extended fasting, also I could use the weight loss so why the fuck would I play around.

>hell

Ghrelin drops steadily after day 2 and I feel amazing.

Nice. Seems like you have the right idea - I think you'll lose fat much more easily than you did with the CICO meme. Good luck.

One meal a day eventually stops working for fat loss.

you risk having a massive binge after a few days of fasting and losing all of your progress, gaining back what you lost plus water weight

>I think you'll lose fat much more easily than you did with the CICO meme
Do people this stupid really post here

>One meal a day eventually stops working for fat loss.

source: my ass

You too, player.

>I'm fairly thin everywhere except my belly, which means that I'm at least a bit insulin resistant.
Please elaborate

>CICO cunts because they're literally insufferable morons.

.......................................................................................................... but you are a "calories in/calories out" ' ' ' ' c u n t ' ' ' ' yourself.. you realize fasting is the most extreme version of limiting your "calories in" while maintaining your "calories out?" ........................... thus, the reason your fasting works at all is because of... calories in/calories out...... ?

There are some pond frogs who match your IQ.

Is this legit, or are people ITT just trying to justify an eating disorder?

I've been cutting for months and the last ~5 lbs just won't go. They are all on my fucking thighs, and it's becoming ridiculous. Everything else on me is completely lean except my legs.

I've been dieting for so long, I'm miserable and I've started bingeing a lot more frequently. I need to get rid of this leftover fat soon or this will turn into an eating disorder.

I already do IF. Doesn't full on fasting cause unbearable cravings? Will this work for stubborn fat? Shoot me an article on this or something

If you can last a few days of not eating, chances are you can limit yourself coming off. Personally I got full extremely quickly after.

Stats?

>One meal a day eventually stops working for fat loss.
You're right. You wont lose any fat, even if that meal is under your TDEE.
You only lose muscle, all the fat will stay there. Your bf% will only increase.

>You only lose muscle, all the fat will stay there.
Can't tell if srs or not

Is this possible? Can fat be so stubborn that you just don't fcking lose it ever, and muscle goes instead?

The earth is a triangle dumbass

>Be me
>sick as fuck
>Sore throat, don't eat for a week
>Pretty much just a glass or three of water and Fisherman's Friends for a week
>Never hungry at all

Get on my level.

you need to consume salt to maintain proper electrolyte balance in your body. If you only drink plain water for a long time you'd end up with hyponatermia.

No I was memeing. That guy is literally retarded.

abdominal fat is the most unhealthy kind of fat you can have, with abdominal waist circumference correlated with negative health outcomes far more than simple weight or bodyfat percentage. If you have a lot of abdominal fat you need to worry.

Unless you're a colossal fatass with no muscle, going longer than 48 hours seems excessive. At a certain point around the 24 hour mark, your body starts to catabolize muscle.

However, if you're indeed a fat fuck, then go for it. Wouldn't recommend longer than 72 hours though since your metabolism will start to slow down around that point. Get your electrolytes too: sodium, magnesium, and potassium, so you don't fucking die.

>Wouldn't recommend longer than 72 hours though since your metabolism will start to slow down around that point
what are you basing that on? your ass?

Keep going OP, you're almost there. After day 3 you'll feel much better, I promise.

You don't lose muscle on a fast if you there is fat stored, fuckhead.
>b-but you lose protein on a fast

Muscle isn't the only thing made of protein, and your body releases fucking HGH on a fast to rebuild what it does tear down. Why don't you research it a bit before you fucking hurt yourself kiddo.

How are your lifts on a fast.
Cant imagine lifting on a completely empty stomach.

Absolute dogshit. Highly recommend doing a deload week (50% of your 1rm for reps)

Deload weeks are good every now and then.

Yeah I only started lifting again recently so I dont really want to fuck with my plan right now.

Might fast inbetween lift days though.

Personally I feel what I ate the day before heavily impacts my lift day after, but I lift in the mornings, and don't eat before the gym.

Calm down, fatties.

If you really want to fast for weeks at a time, go ahead. It's not like either of you have any lifts to maintain.

im starting my taco bell chalupa diet

life is too short to not be eating this glorious stuff

Nice argument dipshit. You have nothing to add, you're worthless. The only reason I'm replying is that I need you to know that you have no value. You've actually reduced the argument to insults. You're less than nothing.

Nobody else has pointed out that you're completely full of shit. Only one of those is relevant to losing weight via fasting, and it describes alternating-day fasts vs general caloric restriction, with no conclusion more substantial than "both work."
Everyone else saw you posted articles, assumed they actually supported your argument, and didn't read them. Fuck you.

>-5 days
Wat

days of normal eating before starting the fast? Is that really so hard to figure out?

I just needed a quick way to show off my improved collection of befuddled anime girls with question marks around them.

Still sounds kinda stupid tho.

Is this entire thread bait? Are there retards on this board unable to lose weight without destroying their bodies with gimmicky bullshit like this?