Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums here, I remember good /fitlit/ days, and I want to start lifting, but sadly I am leaving my home pretty soon so signing into gym is not good idea.
What exercise works the same as lifting and is not cardio.
Sorry for meme thread, but you can ask me for book recommendations, love you guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/history/etol/newspape/isj/1960/isj003/mrozek.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pullups, bicycle kicks, and pushups. Get a membership asap

are you moving into a new house or is it more like uni accommodation? if its the former, you could set up a home gym

how long until you move? most gyms have day/week/month passes

Probably uni or other city, but not sure about this shit, and probably something like 4 months tops.
Gyms in my country have fucking long ass passes.

Bruh
invest in a homegym
nothing too fancy and will stay with you for a life time.

i personally spent a mere 400$ on a barbell 4 dumbells and weights up to 440lbs with some other tiny equipments (pullup bar, grippers etc) and been using them for almost 4 years now.

if i joined a gym that 400$ would have gone for 6 months membership.

As I said, I am moving out, and probably overseas, so taking away this stuff would be pretty hard for me, so the problem is just about this short period.

if you talk to the staff you can probably work something out. if its a commercial gym you could probably "move" your member shit to the chain in your new place

go to the gym. the progress you'll make is much greater than doing bodyweight shit at home

Read convict conditioning, it's about how prisoners get ripped in their cell, so it's minimal or no equipment and will give you a good base once you get sorted and go to the gym for real

Not the same as lifting, but check out the bodyweight general thread too. You could start with something like Start Bodyweight and see where that takes you.

A solid bodyweight program will do you good until you can get access to a gym whats a book that features people going through a romantic relationship but isnt focused on romance?

calisthenics. If you have never trained before you will makes tonnes of gains doing a decent calisthenics routine for 4 months.

If you have no prior exercise history, then push-ups, pull ups, and squats with a heavy backpack (or single legged if you're capable) will do just fine. Just do bodyweight until you can do each exercise for up to 15 reps for multiple sets, preferably more than 3. Then you can gradually start adding resistance with random heavy stuff you have at home (I'm sure you're of no shortage of heavy books, you nerd).

Now rec me some self improvement and thought provoking >rely meks u think books for a 20 second attention span brainlet like me.

Also, buy a pull up bar. You can get sexy af by normie standards from pull ups, push ups and sit ups.

Oh, don't forget to do plenty of core work as well, like planks, leg raises, crunches, etc. Having a strong core will give you a big boost in squats and deadlifts when you actually start doing em. And don't cut out amy cardio at all, getting your heart rate moving for extended periods is good for overall endurance and VITALITY

Thank you guys, probably should help, also dieting at the same time, but I do not want look slabby when I lose weight.

Good and steady diet with cardio and calisthenics
If you're a muscleless twink then literally anything will help you build muscle

I've run some time ago, but it didn't help me develop the mindset I now desperately need.

OP YOU LYING FAGGOT GIMME MY BOOK RECS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just tell me what would you like and I'll get you good stuff.

I'm a very practical and utilitarian dude and wanna read some philosphy books to help reaffirm my biases. Like that dude Machiavelli or whatever. Also some practical self improvement books would be nice. Preferably of low grammatical complexity, because my attention span limits my sentence processing power to 20 words per sentence or less (articles included)

Look into bodyweight programs, weights are best for adding mass, but you can get some noticeable results with proper diet and bodyweight as long as you remember to progress. Invest in a pull up bar and remember to push yourself. I lost the image but I had a whole bodyweight program saved in my phone, you can probably find it with a quick search. Also, read the sticky for diet advice (general info as well) and you should be well on your way.

I just started a new job that allows me to read for hours on end everyday, And id like a change up from my textbooks with some stories. If you can recommend some books with excellent plots, I'd be grateful. (I'll read anything, genre doesn't matter. Although, I've only just began with Homer so anything that doesn't require the Greeks to be enjoyed would be preferred.)

Try out The Moral Maxims and Reflections by Francois de La Rochefoucauld, should reaffrim everything about human nature and is pretty short for me (read it in one sitting).
Reading fiction is really helping when reading philosophy, some short nice fiction for you also here.I really recommend you Mrożek (find any translation, good luck) and Chekhov short stories.
marxists.org/history/etol/newspape/isj/1960/isj003/mrozek.htm [don't get stressed about the webiste, mrożek was banned in communist poland].

Are you sure you wanna do this, Veeky Forums?You DO know that muscle hypertrophy leads directly to cerebral atrophy, right? It's just like how cardio kills gains; one feeds directly off the other. What, don't tell me you thought muscle no brain was a meme?

I'm not Veeky Forums for fucks sake.

Found it. Hope this helps. Where would you consider your fitness levels now? Tell us your stats. Height, weight, gender, age

Pretty low, can pull-up myself once or twice, or do someting around 40 push ups in the row and be dying for the next day.
Height: 169 cm (5' 6" whatever)
Weight: 88 kg, (194 lbs)
Yeah, I am little fat, but I went down from 96 kg (211 lbs) and it felt fucking great, but with each lost kilogram it gets harder.

Man that quote sounds like that cringey redpill stuff
I'll give it a shot if it's short I guess

By no way La Rochefoucauld is cringey redpill, he was basis for the big part of ethics of Enlightment especially Helvetius which was utilitarian as fuck, but Maxims are really fucking cute and short.
Also about that quote, english word for flirting is too sexual in my opinion.

Get some resistance bands
Not the cheap lightweight ones marketed to normies, proper resistance bands
Read Scooby's article on them.

Muh nigga, I'm 5'6 as well and started at 215lbs. You still got a ways to go, but your already making progress and it's gonna be hardest while your out of a gym. It's underrated here, but cardio is hugely important, especially if you want to lose weight. Luckily, jogging is free. Look up couch to 5k as well to progress some cardio gains, as it will add a lot to your weightloss. Until you can work out in a gym, I'd say figure out where you stand on that bodyweight chart and keep pushing yourself.
The biggest thing will be diet however. It's the biggest part of losing weight. Look into the myfitnesspal app and use it to start logging all your meals, between that and the sticky you'll have a good idea of how many calories and what macros to eat per day for best results.
Also, Look into keto dieting or intermittent fasting to see if either of those are up your alley, otherwise just eat clean and move more. Cardio, bodyweight and most importantly proper diet can and will get you the results you want if you stick with it until you can get into a gym

Also, I'm and if you can rec me some of books I mentioned that would be sweet. Any other questions?

Excellent plots, here we go:
>The Doll, Bolesław Prus - polish fucking great story about a dude trying to get his shit right
>Steppenwolf - Just fucking read it, it is great.
>Portrait of Dorian Gray - ditto
>Insatiability, Witkiewicz - pure madness, but also fucking fun as hell, great ride, but not as pomo as Burroughs, which I also reccomend (Junky, Queer are by far the most accessible)
>The Master and Margarita - fucking awesome surreal story about well, fuck it, also read it, spoiling anything will make it less fun for you
And don't get overly obssesed with 'START WITH THE GREEKS' meme, in my opinion read whatever you want, greeks are mostly needed for more complex philosophy and not really for most fiction except some things wich are pretty explicitly related to greeks (i.e. Ulysses, Hyperion).

Excellent, I'll pick these up on my next set of days off and get to it, thanks. Do you have any other fitness questions or a decent idea how to go from here?

Basically, just how to get into right mindset and focus on this shit and keep yourself from snacking and not losing your shit except from:
>drinking water
>chewing gum

Those are both helpful, depends on the type of person you are. When you look in the mirror and you see a noticeable change, or when women start complimenting you, the motivation is easy. Up until that point you need to find what works for you. Keep track of how fast you run your 5k, And keep pushing to get the time down. Your literally struggling against your past self, and every time you bring the timer down, or you grind out one more pushup, or you raise your chin over that bar one more time than before, your being victorious. Every time you slack off, you eat too much and weigh more than the day before, or you don't beat your previous time because you took it easy, or you did a few less pushups cause you were tired, your acknowledging defeat by your lesser self. Being able to beat myself is fantastic motivation, and having feasible results (a lower 5k time, more pushups, heavier squats) drives me to keep going. Think about that every meal and every workout, your up against your past self, the one your trying to change from, and I'm sure you'll have the drive to keep going to.

How do I improve my body language?

>Probably uni or other city, but not sure about this shit
You're already finding fucking reason NOT to lift, just stop trying to convince yourself you're actually trying to get into this, because you're clearly fucking not. Rule #1 to start lifting is to fucking start lifting, stop figuring out excuses why you can't. Fucking fuck off back to Veeky Forums while you're at it, come back when you actually got a fucking gym membership.

Stop being rude dude, I know this, but currently I am unable to start lifting, as I am
>poor
>unsure whether where I will live in few months
When I'll get settle down I'll get home gym as fast as I can.
I'll probably move overseas so transporting this shit is not an option.
Also why would you want one person to not start lifting and exercising when asks for help and info.
I just don't see any safe options for me to start lifting right now.

>When I'll get settle down I'll get home gym as fast as I can.
No, dude, just stop. There's literally no way this will happen with your current mentality. If you want to start lifting, you find a way to start lifting. The way you're communicating your thoughts here is, to be frank, completely beta and reeks of nice guy syndrome. "I'm poor", oh, so you're gonna move overseas, that makes sense, yeah? Lol, stop fooling yourself, because no one else is buying it.

Just hit a fucking gym, ask the person working there what their options are, choose one of them. I don't want to act all Shia here but just...DO IT. If there's a will, there's a way, you know this deep inside. Just fucking...DO IT.

I'm 19, starting uni, not having my own income, my parents are fucking jews when it comes to money while I'm living here.
I'll start when I am able to. Sometimes you just can't do it.
Also, don't really care about beta/alpha dichotomy or whatever, who the fuck cares, just be yourself, don't use those wolf-like descriptions on people. World doesn't work like these.
As a Veeky Forums advice, I'll just say - stop trusting /pol/ and e-celebs, they are mostly simply wrong.
And well, when I'll be able to DO IT, I'll DO IT, but currently I just want to get into body weights and cardio.

I've been working out in my uni gym for the last 3 years now. You'll be fine.

You can't get a job that pays well enough to support a gym membership? And you're talking about moving overseas? yeah_ok.gif, like do you not see the problem with that?

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck, and since you're a Veeky Forums user, read "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Dr. Robert A. Glover, it'll probably open up your eyes to some shit.

Can you rec me something that will make my anxiety over death increase to the point where carrying that mental burden increases my gains?

go to your uni gym. Should be covered by tuition.

Thanks anyway, after reading few review and description of book and I'll pass on that.
Just not for me, and maybe you just don't understand my case.
Whatever, I have the stuff I need, there's no point in us getting over some shit on anonymous imageboard.
You just need some existentialism (go with Camus, Dostoyevsky, Kafka etc.) just read whatever you want.

>Thanks anyway, after reading few review and description of book and I'll pass on that.
Hey, it's your loss if you want to rely on reviews and not see the other side of the story by actually reading the book. Remember the name of the book when you realize your home gym won't be happening.

ok, just finished chapter one, pretty light read really, but still - not me. I am not 'Mr Nice Guy' and I am pretty open with men and women about my views and I have often risked a lot by doing so (i.e. saying openly that I am communist to a bunch of polish nationalists, became friends with them anyway). Maybe I am little suspicious of people, but that is because they are often backstabing and not open (can't wait for Mrs Nice Woman) and I've had some bad experiences, and also sometimes I had to backstab people in order to not fall off (but then I told them about it anyway, they didn't cared about this act and understood why I did it). I'll get home gym when I will be sure what will happen in next 6 months. Just this. 6 months ago, if I would think about this I would get the gym.
As I said, you somehow badly viewed my as a person, cause well, I am Veeky Forums poster and most of them are very self anxious and do things to prove others.
I just don't want to fucking die of [enter name of milions of diseases related to living badly].

Yeah, it's a very light read. If you don't feel like it's for you, fair enough. I still think you could learn some shit about yourself by reading it in its entirety. I'm still very much convinced that you're stuck in paralysis by analysis:

- You come to Veeky Forums to ask for advice about how to start lifting
- You refuse to take the advice (you know better)
- You fall back to "I'll do it later", talking about moving overseas when you say you're broke (makes no sense)

You have very vague plans, unsure whether you'll go to university or do something entirely different in six months. You're soon 20, time to start taking control and actually performing what you claim to be able to perform. You won't be respected by people for much longer if you keep riding your "potential." Show someone what you're capable of instead of analyzing every situation to death.

> i.e

You mean "e.g."

That's actually my case dude, my parents are rich, just are not giving me money(so I want become lazy douche), and they want me to start uni overseas.
That's how education system works mate. Maybe that's little fucked up. I don't really analyze it, probably will do 5K (even shittly) today.
And I took advice, and even the thread isn't about me starting lifting, just what exercises are good in the midterm.

Fuckin Mishima

Bro, really, just good luck. I'm genuinely sorry that your mind is in a state where you can't even comprehend how weak you really are, mentally AND physically. Whatever I say you're gonna try to come up with some half-assed counter-point which should imply that you're fine.

- Your parents are rich, won't pay for a gym membership, but will pay for your education overseas
- You won't get a simpleton job to pay for the gym, instead claim to read Camus and Dostoyevsky
- Claim to be communist, knowing not one iota about the REAL proletariat struggle
- Claim you will get a home gym later, sometimes, when you're at uni, or overseas, or whatever

And by the way,

> can't wait for Mrs Nice Woman

Yeah, if you'd read the book you'd understand the title, you dimwit.

Dude just whatever.