/owg/

/owg/ please
Is there any hope for reviving?

Other urls found in this thread:

catalystathletics.com/article/1686/The-Simplest-Olympic-Weightlifting-Program-in-the-World/
instagram.com/p/BSiOHDjj2ra/
catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/
youtube.com/watch?v=AVEjKzUqE0c
70sbig.com/blog/2012/07/transitioning-to-olympic-weightlifting/
youtube.com/watch?v=sE9wGuLcK6c
youtube.com/watch?v=gUsfdRrTkzI
youtube.com/watch?v=TJACycX3E6c
youtube.com/watch?v=cjMoYDdHONw
youtube.com/watch?v=YeIWmVOOxnY
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I need to fix early pulling in snatch and getting under the bar

How?

Never give up!!!

I believe in you oh dub gee!

do tall snatch

Clean grip snatches force you to extend late and pull close
Don't go heavy until you can do it with a bar tho
Also what said

finally got a pair of shoes, feels good desu

So I thought about doing this program
catalystathletics.com/article/1686/The-Simplest-Olympic-Weightlifting-Program-in-the-World/

I'd be doing it on mon/wed/fri and bb stuff on tue/thu
but the thing is, it only has back squat once a week, and I'd like to do it at least twice
so where can I fit it? tuesday? or do it on wednesday in addition to overhead skwats?

instagram.com/p/BSiOHDjj2ra/

bump

Are you really meant to go that deep? I think i need to deload

nah, just put a few more plates and you'll get there in no time :^)

how is this madman still lifting?

is there an equivalent to the normal sticky for olympic lifting

there was a pastebin

pls respond

i think this one is better catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/
maybe do some bulgarian weightlifting program

where is it

Snatch from blocks

Hang snatch

the thing is that for reasons I can only access weightlifting gym twice a week, and other times it's just your average gym

so the program I linked would be perfect for that, since you do main lifts twice a week

What the fuck the 85kg was today? I thought it was tomorrow. Missed Okulovs lifts

Looking to transition to oly lifting, anyone got experience with 70 big's oly transition routine?

>anyone got experience with 70 big's oly transition routine?

???

he wasnt as good as he was in 2015 houston

No one is. When you've either competed at the world championships or the Olympics, you don't really care about European championships. You basically want a respectable total to qualify for the aforementioned competitions. But since Russia was banned at Rio I'd like to see him in action again live. Oh well. There's always YouTube

ye i know but i expected him to be a bit better

He's probably under constant surveillance these days. No room for a productive training regime

More likely that it's the start of a new Olympic quad and it doesn't make sense for him to train at maximum peak now, as it takes a large toll on the body.

i liked it when we shitposted cause we didnt no shit that much but now we no so no more use for generals unless you wanna spend your life on Veeky Forums like plg loosers

zakharevich brokeded his armebow and still did the olympic

FORM

CHECKS

we can actually help, if we're inclined

shut up

Is he a midget?

youtube.com/watch?v=AVEjKzUqE0c

he is about 150cm. idk what the cut off is before you're actually legally considered a midget but i don't think he is

pls revive brehs

>tells me to post form
>doesn't check it
you're a bit of a cunt, yeah?

not the best angle for analyzing a jerk, as we can't really see the front knee, but it looks good.

Checked

checking my integers = BIG GAINS

Squat looked fine, dip and drive looked fine, but I see you've still got a balance problem in the split. Your weight's shifted forward, and I wonder if you aren't sending your foreleg out far enough. Hard to see. Additionally, lack of flex in your rear leg exacerbates the forward shift by only giving you one direction to go--forward, rather than down into the catch.

You also soften your core in the catch. Don't do that, dummy.

How do I get started with oly lifting? I can do a really shit power clean, thats it.

I've been told it is impossible without a coach, but I can't afford one. Is it even worth it to try and teach myself good form for these lifts?

I'm not really sold on it either. What benefits does it provide over powerlifting?

You can be a powerlifter without being a 600 pound autist, Olympic lifting seems like a lot of work while powerlifting is pretty simple

It's a different sport dude.. What benefits does basketball provide over ice-hockey?

But if you want a spesific answer: oly lifting will make you more athletic and powerful. It requires much more flexibility, coordination, balance, rhythm and skill.

If you just want to be strong and big, do powerlifting. You might get bored training for a sport otherwise.

anyone got any webms of some thick girls squatting

Worded it poorly.
Basically, 70's Big (the blog/website) wrote a program that was a good way to transition to olympic weightlifting from a general strength background. I'm wondering if people have experience with it.

70sbig.com/blog/2012/07/transitioning-to-olympic-weightlifting/

so how should I deal with technique training on off days?
broomstick? empty bar? really light weights?

How strong are you?

CJ hit 185, his total would've won European Seniors. America is back, boiz.

I personally think beginners should snatch and clean more than twice a week if possible, but it's good starting place.

That jerk catch was fucking hideous though. Not that there are points for style, but still. His lifts are ugly as shit.

He clean and jerked more than 2.5x his bodyweight, that's unbelievable at his age. I don't really know what's so ugly about his lifts, he has a great overhead position. You wanna see ugly, go watch someone like Daniyar Ismayilov jerk.

not very
lmao2pl8 squat and lmao1pl8 power clean

>I don't really know what's so ugly about his lifts,
biutiful
Seriously, though, at this point it's probably more to do with his proportions. Literally every lift of his is funky looking.

He catches his jerks in a low split, that's a good thing because he doesn't have to catch so high. He has a ridiculously flexible overhead position as well. This is good technique.

Not ugly IMO, feet position is good, arms are locked, looks pretty stable.

Most of us just will never be small china manlets with perfect proportions

youtube.com/watch?v=sE9wGuLcK6c
youtube.com/watch?v=gUsfdRrTkzI
youtube.com/watch?v=TJACycX3E6c

Three different attempts. Last time I posted, I was told to try to stay over the bar longer, start with higher hips and to keep the bar closer. My hip height has improved. What about the rest?

work on that bottom position

Your first pull could be more quad dominant IMO, meaning hips lower. This helps to prevent shooting the bar away from you in the second pull, because you're more upright. Now you push the bar away from you and it swings up - your pull under is weak / nonexistent because of this. Also learn to squat snatch from the beginning, don't power swing it up and squat down, that's a totally different movement pattern.

Look here what max does and compare it to your video. He pulls the bar straight up and you can see how he pulls himself under the barbell.

youtube.com/watch?v=cjMoYDdHONw

Thanks. I was thinking my femurs are short enough to start lower with my hips, but what the fuck do I know. I'm not sure if one felt more comfortable than the other, but I do feel like I can use my legs more with the lower hip position.

I really do need to work on keeping the bar closer. I try to think of a couple cues to remind me, but then it all goes to shit at showtime. I also need to work on getting down right away. Whenever I go after a weight that's fairly light to try to enforce the technique, the bar just seems to fly up by the time I get down.

That's probably strong enough to work tech with an empty bar.

If you have access to 2.5kg technique bumpers, that's fine too, but don't underestimate how tiring focused sets of snatches even at 25kg can be, esp if you're not a pure muscle mountain giant.

thanks
I'll do just that

are box jumps important? been neglecting them

i dont see the problem with daniyar's jerks it was only shit in the olympics but other than that its fine
and way better than cj's

hi im 92kg currently on a sheiko program, not very strong for my weight (prs are 157kg squat, 177kg dlift and 130kg bench), been doing snatch and cleans at least 3 days a week for the past 2 weeks trying to practice my form. any advice besides recording and posting videos here? maybe some detailed tips or something (ive watched thousands of youtube videos of lifters and instructions but it's not enough). how long does it usually take to nail down form?

High hang helps for me, but I find that low hang makes the problem worse

Dang is that really as straight as his arms will go? Doesn't look locked out at all

Why can I pull 110% like this but not snap under it

am I just a GDE who isn't fast enough for the sport?

Damn if I do that on my powercleans are they legit?

I warm up on squat and heavy days--or whenever I'm feeling slow and need to jumpstart my nervous system--with seated box jumps. Also do regular box jumps 1-2 times a week, for volume.

Keeps you snappy.

H-h-hey /owg. Started working with a coach 2 weeks ago. Slowly transitioning from powerlifting to oly. Switched from low bar to high bar. Finally enough flexibility in upper back to perform a proper front rack position. Snatches and over head squats coming together..

I think I'm actually gonna make it brehs. Feels good desu

What's up /owg/? What hero are you playing today?

How are you supposed to get under the bar with your feet flat on the floor like that?

Yeah how do you manage to get the bar up that far and not jump.

it was a snatch high pull as indicated in the filename, I had extended fully and that was just before it came down, this was the extension

You should be on your toes, fully flexed and balanced, throughout the whole second pull, only coming down when the bar does.

And you can see even clearer here that your balance is too far back toward your heels. Your whole body should be straight, tall, and tight, elbows traveling up, not back.

I never claimed to have a perfect pull I questioned why it goes that fucking high and I can't drop under it

one can only drive for so long, I drove as long as long as it was useful for me to do so and then some, if I were actually snatching I would have ( atleast attemped to) drop as opposed to just letting my feet come down like that

What resources are there to learn these lifts?
there is not a single coach in my city that knows how to do them with the expection of some crossshitters that know as much as I do

Calm down, Mary. I am giving you general feedback. If you can't get under the bar is probably because your arms and shoulders are inactive in the pull under. You need to pull yourself under, actively, not just drop and catch.

Whats with american niggers not being able to jerk well. Donovan, Kendrick, CJ.

Why does CJ not extend fully during his pull?

America not even once.

how should that pulling under the bar feel specifically, I never got that

I only do cleans i dont fuck with that other shit but hows my form?

also what happened to the communist kid that could lift a lot of weight?

how much weight is that
i dunno how weird ur movement is but you definitely shouldnt lift on these shoes

its like 245 or 265 i cant remember.

i just got some adipowers and my squat definitely went up

not the person ur asking, but ur should be actively going down as fast as possible using your muscles instead of just letting gravity act bringing ur body down.

ur triple extension seems on point
im not an expert but it looks ok

sup guys, didn't know so many fitlers played overwatch

whos your main? I like roadhog

you're a scaredycat thats why

not great i'm afraid

Form check coming up:
youtube.com/watch?v=YeIWmVOOxnY

Is it true that you can only go that deep if you have Asian genes?

God I feel like such a faggot at my gym. It's always busy and I'm trying to learn how to clean with just the bar so there is never time where I can just take an empty bar and practice. People would get pissed if they see a twink taking one of the valuable bars for no reason. Anyways, I got 5 reps of a plate squat at 127lbs. I just want someone to teach me how to do a fucking clean REEEEEE. I figured blogposting is allowed since w/o it the thread would die.

Just Fucking do it u pansy, if you can do the movement correctly with just the bar you're significantly better than 90% of gym goers

Fuck them.
Take the bar somewhere to the back of the gym and practice your cleans. The people that know what the fuck they are doing will respect you and leave you alone.

i personally recommend getting strong with the weightlifting assistance exs, so clean/snatch pulls, front squat and push press, trying to learn the clean was easier for me with the foundation of muscle and strength and the stability in place (obviously i cant compare against myself as i only did it that way) but it didnt take long for me to be doing pretty good cleans
technique is a big thing yes, but there are a lot of self proclaimed 'weightlifters' out there that believe its the only path to getting better/makes them a good lifter and cant backsquat even 120kg, plenty of them in my uni gym

I can't even do it correctly lol. I jump forward under the bar. So I slowly practice the three parts of the pull.
Might do that.
Would you suggest learning split/jerk press or just push press if I am to build a foundation? I do OHP regularly.

How do I stop swinging the bar forward?
>inb4 pull later

How do I pull later, any sort of cue would be nice

People having been saying that shit about CJ Cummings since he was 15 and he just keeps improving. He's already within reach of breaking the world adult record and he's only 17. I don't his jerk technique matters at this point

i used to sort of blend them together as complexes before i did them separately, mainly just push press a heavy single, catch it, then jerk it

split jerk came naturally for me and i learned it before the clean as i was good at push press already and had good overhead stability, but i would say do presses of either kind every day you train at least, and then do split jerks in the sessions with push press, its definitely the easier part to learn, and typically it gets stronger with front squat improvements as opposed to overheads of either kind