Running General

Didn't see a running thread, so here we go.

Got a 6km steady run on my training menu for the day. Probably do a 9k trail run instead. As long as I keep my pace in line with 'steady', I'm satisfied.

What kind of run do you have planned today? Or are you a non-cardio loser who can't move their meat without a mechanical aid?

taking a rest day today. tomorrow I'll be running 5k with a qt3.14 classmate.

I'm using map my run to help me speed up my 5k time. I've got a 32 min run today with a 10min warmup, 12min max pace, 10min cooldown.

Really not looking forward to it, but I know once I start I'll be having fun.

There's something wrong with my quads on my right leg. I can run, but it feels like there's something stiff deep in my quads and I don't like it at all. I'll try to go swimming for a few weeks and do foam rolling and see if my leg gets better

I skipped my run this morning. It's cold and icy as fuck plus my kids didn't sleep last night.

Feels bad man

I planned to run 6k today, I used to do 10k but it's too much for me since I joined a gym, but I went to donate blood instead since I hurt my knee yesterday

My best 6k time is 26:42, how do I improve?

Fartlek & HIIT/sprints

Started couch to 5k this week lads, did I fall for a meme?

Nope, its really good in fact. Just dont give up, push yourself, find out what works for you. Work on getting your stride and breathing right. Good luck bro

Is it bad to run while my legs are sore? I'm aiming to increase my 5k time. On my second week of 5x per week with two consecutive rest days. Is that sufficient? It's only about 13-15 miles per week right now.

15-20kms today. Trail running with my dog. Looking forward to it.

>just ran a hard 10k with sloppy lake crossing included
>get home, and get asked to run out to pick up steaks
>fuck YEAH BABY!!

I'm incredibly out of shape and just ran for the first time earlier today. Ran 15 minutes and got my HR up to 189, thought I was going to die. Will probably rest tomorrow depending on how I feel.

I'm also on an extended fast, haven't eaten in 48 hours. No pain, no fucking gain.

You're a retard. You'll never make it.

Finally at the end of these shin splints. Ran two miles today with no issue but I'm afraid of it coming back

Anyone else trail run? I live in Phoenix so there's mountains all around. Just got some new Salomon runners for hiking but I figured I could break them in by putting in some running miles.

Im running 3 times a week, 12 km. I really love running and we beautiful hills and forests around here, so running is actually fun.
I have seen a wild boar from the distance, deers and foxes during my runs. Sadly, that I will leave the place in 18 month and move to a bigger city, where all I can walk on is asphalt and the only animals I will see are (no) homo sapiens and doggos.

>I have seen a wild boar from the distance
Jealous. They're considered pests in AZ so there's no permits for killing them but it's almost a folk legend here since the population is so small

Just finished week 2 run 3 today.
It gets easier and it's a lot of fun.

Slowly getting back into running, got a nice 4.5 mile lactic threshold run in yesterday morning in 26:45ish, felt good man.

Nah, it works. Kind of boring and tedious IMO but it's effective. I personally found it simpler to just run until I got tired, walk a bit and then run again. I personally found myself being able to run longer than what the program prescribed in the first few weeks.

Depends on how sore. Nothing wrong with working out any muscle if its mildly sore. Soreness usually goes away once more blood starts flowing during exercise. Know your body mate, if its too bothersome you don't want to destroy your body even more

melting snow pack for me, with sections of ankle-deep water, slush and mud.
Some dry pavement, too.
Saucony Nomad

Also same instructions for new runners or ultra-stars.

Run moar