What body type are you?

What body type are you?
What sport are you genetically optimized for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3nbjhpcZ9_g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>sports

marathon except big hips

Weightlifter minus the muscles.

my torso and legs are about the same length

wut do

Medium height (6'0), 'mesomorph', but short torso and ape arms and long legs, big hands and feet

What about me?

Just find sports where torso/legs aren't especially important, or are equally important. That could be anything from ice hockey to soccer to boxing.

How long are your arms? And do you have any other special attributes?

Sounds like a good build for fighting/mma.

Long arms are critical, long legs help with kicks, mesomorphic body type is helpful, big hands/feet mean more weight behind a punch or kick.

swimmers have mesomorph builds but swimming makes them so fuarking shredded. They are ottermode mesomorphs. there is no way ectomorphs have phelps' frame

>highjumper

feelsbadman, been lifting for 4 months now and still a long way to go

a-at least im not a manlet

im a mesomorph with long legs so sprinter, but im the wrong colour

im better at 400m and 800m

>sprinter
>height - tall
>torso - short
>legs - short

What?

Realized that after posting. Usain Bolt is atypical for most sprinters so I mixed up two data sets in pulling info about him and other sprinters like Tyson Gay.

Most sprinters are shorter with short, bulky legs, but Bolt is tall with longer legs. Short legs help in the early part of the sprint, but long strides counteract that after the halfway point. This is why Usain usually starts off slow but then powers ahead and is impossible to pass afterwards.

youtube.com/watch?v=3nbjhpcZ9_g

Tyson ran a national record time, and look at how far away he is from usain. That's fucking crazy.

ALL OF THEM

6'2" 220, hockey
A little less food and a shred of positive reinforcement and I'd probably have at least got a look from scouts for juniors.

>tfw you had a bodybuilder training your team at 12 years old and if you didn't leave that team maybe you'd be chad instead of sad

It's still pretty impressive considering his age

>Usain Bolt is atypical for most sprinters
Was. When he started he was atypical, now there are a bunch of tall ones. He challenged the idea of that being the ideal body type.

There is rarely an ideal body type for any sport, but many coaches and things like to imagine themselves experts and spew broscience about it. So if you're the wrong height you might find you don't get a lot of help or motivation.

And then its not that impressive considering he's a cheater.

But I guess it just goes to show how vital fast-twitch leg muscles are - that's one thing these guys have in common.

>sprinter
>short legs

u fockin wot

It's really crazy when you take into account Bolt's really shitty start time (between the start pistol and him actually going) on his WR.

>ectomorph
>tall
>long torso
>long arms
>long everything
>big hands and feet

where does the skeleton of the sasquatch fit? I loved swimming tho.

Tall, broad shoulders, long legs, short torso, long arms, probably basketball. But I'm 6'3 and white so that wasn't about to go anywhere big.

I wish I would have been dedicated to soccer at an early age desu.

see
Once you get to 200m+, long legs are vital. But for 100m and 60m, short and propulsive legs usually trump long legs.

We're in a world where the Americans get to dope but anyone else gets their entire country banned, get to come clearly in second but place first (I'm looking at you Phelps), have access to vastly superior equipment... R I D I C U L O U S

Dude, no. It doesn't work that way. Stop blaming others for your lack of talent and/or motivation.

And 'female' athletes can have testicles.

>There is rarely an ideal body type for any sport
You will not find an elite freestyle / butterfly / backstroke sprinter in swimming who's under 6'2 tall. You're body is horizontal when you swim, which accentuates the importance of height in the short distances in particular. If you're a short swimmer, go for breaststroke or a medley event

as Usain Bolt is the pinnacle of sprinting excellence I would say the new breed of long leg sprinter is superior

I'm mostly concerned with speed at a full head of steam like that, not just speed off the box

Competitive eater

Unsure. I'm 5'10 with long legs, short arms, short torso, I'm pretty sure meso/endo/ecto are just memes but naturally I'd be skinny. It seems like I line up with high jumper but when I ran track I was always a sprinter.

>somatotypes
>other bullshit
Why

I was a little kid, me be a failure now is my fault.

They kicked up a MASSIVE fuss not that long ago about pic related, Chand and Sounderajan competing because while actual women they were apparently too manly. It's insanity. Obviously they were thinking "b-but our shemales aren't ready yet"

Cyclist. Who else a t-rex here?

>You're body
Yeah I can see I'm talking to a very well educated individual with excellent thinking skills who doesn't fail at simple tasks like their own language.

Pretty much between sprinter and weightlifter

somatypes are garbage

Somatotypes have shaky foundations, but what "other garbage" is there? Genetics play a huge role in competitive sports and there are significant differences across people in terms of their musculatory potential, frame, and predisposition for certain sports depending on the shape of their body parts.

Why are swimers ectomorphs? Aren't they suppose to be mesomorphs because having wide shoulders is very helpful?

Just leave the ecto/endo/meso bullshit out of it

You have skeletal frame features then your proportion of muscle to fat, that's the scale not a preset "you are are meso body" bullshit.

>You're body
Yes, that was a spelling mistake, I wrote in a rush
>their own language
English is not my first language

My point still stands and I think you understood what I was talking about despite my mistake

>sprinter
Chicken legs Jones mode forever

I would say high jumper seeing how in college without ever having done any athletic, I jumped 180cm.
But then again, I joined the swimming team and was decent enough to participate in national championships relays.

Weightlifter.

I have a longer torso relative to my femurs and also shorter arms relative to my torso. I'm still 6ft though so not optimal height for weightlifting. And I don't think I have a lot of fast twitch muscle fibers.

>What sport are you genetically optimized for?
Fucking your mom

Somatotypes are fucking bullshit. Mesomorph is just an ectomorph with more bodyfat.

>tfw swimmer body but horrible at swimming

I'm 6'1 with a 6'5 armspan - gonna be a champion deadlifter

1.84m height
1.84m "wingspan"
Legs are like, 1m?
Wide torso, wide shoulders.

Qhat ths fuk am Im

height - tall (6'3)
torso - long
arms - t-rex mode
legs - short
other bonus - 32inch vertical jump

feels good

basically DYEL or fat?

Bu...but I don't wanna be a high jumper.

What's my class

This tbqh

Weightlifter, except a bit skinnier desu. Been this way since I was a kid, mostly genes, I don't even lift that much until recently. I did boxing and football as a kid, feel like a natural when I lift weights even if I'm a beginner. Pic related but a bit chubbier is prob my body type. Also yes I'm a manlet lel, 5'9.

You are not alone. I am here with you. Though we're far apart. Your deceptively strong legs are alwaya in my heart.

Wrestling.

That's perfect for basketball, wingspan and hand size (for handling the ball) are more important than height

6'6
Long arms and legs
Short torso
Big hands/feet.
Optimal sport: faking bigfoot videos
Other bonus: big wang

Swimmer with small hands

im a short (5'10) swimmer

swimmer
6'4, built, super long torso, insanely wide feet and hands.

>sprinter
>tall

Most sprinters are 5'8-6'0

dude phelps is ecto with muscles and if you think he only does swimming for sports you're stupid

Longer limbs will naturally mean a shitty start time. It might seem trivial but the nerve impulse has to travel significantly father. If somebody has 50% longer legs, they'll have a 50% slower reaction

>tallish
>long as fuck arms
>huge ass feet
>average torso
>average legs

I'm a fucking mutant

High jumper, but I'm best at cross country running.

Same

Swimmer, I even did competitive swimming when I was younger.

>sprinter
>short legs

what?

no. the longest part of the reaction is the brain processing the information, not the actual conduction, retard.

Long tibias, and short femurs are best for sprinters.

Having long femurs is best bio-mechanical advantage for cycling, and small feet. My femurs and torso are about the small length(femurs are slighty longer) Makes squatting hard as hell.

A better chart would show femur:tibia lenght. In weighlifting, most have shirt femurs.

Tfw no one will beat that time again while you're alive

literally the weightlifter without the tattoo and baldheaded