Any thoughts on this Veeky Forums?

Any thoughts on this Veeky Forums?

My wife just went in to have this cool sculpting shit done. She had our first kid last year, and got a bit of a pudge. She hasn't been getting the results she wanted from the gym, so she decided to do this shit.

I did a bit of research on it, and it sounds like a load of shit, but she swears the research and before and after pics speak for themselves. I personally think it's just a lazy way to get results (if she gets any results at all).

Opinions? Is she wasting our money on this?

To put it in perspective, we've both been into fitness for 8 years. She had a great body before the pregnancy, and her little pudge is nothing that can't be taken care of with hitting the gym more (she's been slacking since she had the kids because she's paranoid about losing fat. She says she needs it for breast feeding).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryolipolysis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i did it, and afterwards i was as cool as a cucumber :^)

Why do you think this would work. Not trying to be a dick here or anything, but how do you think this would work.

If you read my post, I said I DON'T think it's going to work.

They freeze the fat and then it melts away, seems pretty clear cut to me.

when she goes, tell us how it went

>She hasn't been getting the results she wanted from the gym
She needs to eat less not go to the gym

Yes but I mean, you're asking us for a reason right? Are you looking for additional arguments?

It's the same as putting an ice pack on. Why would that burn fat? Simply said it just won't, because that's not how the human body works. The 'research' is fake and paid for, and the before and after pictures are doctored. She's dodging the hard work to lose weight.

I'm not sure how to help you, I could link you some articles on cell dynamics, metabolism and stuff like that but I don't think that will work to convince your wife (if you're not a troll). Try to ask her how this is different to holding an icepack to her stomach.

I've mentioned this too, but she says she can't fuck with her caloric intake due to breast feeding. She's not bullshitting with that one because her doc said the exact same thing a bunch of times during visits and when the baby was born.

Yea, you're right. Just more or less venting I guess, or seeing if there's something I missed. Because despite how much logic I gave her that stated the cool sculpting deal was bullshit, she kept coming back with the before and after pics. It was my mistake to argue with a woman, though. I'm always at a disadvantage with that because I feel the need to use logic as a basis for my arguments, she doesn't.

I had a sliver of hope that maybe I was wrong about this being bullshit and she's not wasting money.

>It was my mistake to argue with a woman, though. I'm always at a disadvantage with that because I feel the need to use logic as a basis for my arguments, she doesn't.
This is too real...

I don't know how expensive this shit is, but making mistakes is human. If she herself finds out it doesn't work, don't scold her for it. You're not perfect yourself. She might deep down realise that scientifically this is bullshit, but she really wants it to work. She feels like she's being unfairly punished for her pregnancy/taking care of her kids and she sees this as the easy way out. Just convince her that she'll have time to slowly improve her physique and that you don't really care about those few kgs extra. Just don't alienate her for being like 'HA DUMB WHORE I TOLD YOU SO GET REKT KIDDO'. Women aren't from Mars, they're just a lot less logical than we are.

how much does this quackery cost?

/threaD

I think she said it was 1200 bucks. Funny thing is that her gynecologist got it done too, so that pretty much sealed the deal for her. I guess I should mention that her doc is a woman. Proof that women, no matter how educated, are willing to piss logic and money away for the sake of narcissism.

As ignorant as your wife may be, you just sound like a terrible human being. Good thing this whole story is utter bullshit, huh?

But this cold shit works.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryolipolysis

This is not something new and it`s not absolutely farfetched
It's about freezing adipocytes to death, basically.

My mom got this done, but she had to go more than 10 times to do it and it wasn't cheap. Cardio and eating right is far more cheaper. And if skin hangs then tummy tuck is better

>white
>stopping at one kid
no wonder the MUDSLIMES are winning

she's using actual money you could be saving for your kid?

My friend got this done, and got paradoxical lipo hyperplasia. He looks like a former fatty now instead of skinny fat.

>It was my mistake to argue with a woman, though. I'm always at a disadvantage with that because I feel the need to use logic as a basis for my arguments, she doesn't.

this struck a chord deep inside me

Fat cells die at higher temperatures and cool faster than other cells, it's very well doumented in treatments and prognosis for hypothermia.

It tops out at £150 for 3 treatments on groupon, stop talking shit

>It tops out at £150 for 3 treatments on groupon, stop talking shit
Yea, I live in America...so there's that. I'm just going by what she told me dude. No need to get defensive about it.

Glad to know there's a chance she didn't waste money then.

Unfortunately, yes. She claims she's going to put the money back in the bank at some point, but I'm not holding my breath. I mean, we're not broke or anything, but the cost is another reason I was kind of against it.

Story's not bullshit. You've obviously had very limited contact with women if my "story" doesn't sound true to you. Also, I'm not sure how I'm coming off like a terrible human being. My wife wanted to do cool sculpting using money from the joint bank account, I told her that it was a waste of money, she went and found a bunch of before and after testimonials to show me it's not bullshit, I told her I still think it's bullshit but I won't stop her, and now here we are. I'm not even mad about it, was just coming here to see what Veeky Forums had to say about it.

So yea...you have a very warped view of what constitutes a horrible person.

Glad to see there are some people here who don't think it's bullshit though.

Why is she using joint money? Don't get me wrong, have a joint account with my partner but that's for joint expenses like rent, insurance, food. This sounds like a her thing so should be a her money thing too. If she's so convinced by it tell her if it works you'll shoulder half the cost but because you don't believe it will 've effective you don't believe the combined account should be used since it's an individual decision... Women are indeed retarded when it comes to short cuts but if it's her money not joint money that may put a halt to it.

Also the whole can't lose fat because it affects breast feeding (no idea of true, skeptical desu) but apparently she can ice fat away and not have negative breast feeding consequences is so odd. If she can ice the fat then she can exercise or under eat the fat away too, second option s being cheaper, healthier and more likely to result in a long term solution.

I feel your pain bro, my partner is a lawyer with a msc and still looks for shortcuts for weight loss. Baffles me, so intelligent but can't accept basic laws of physics, use more than you take it! Gl bro