Why do liberals love 1984, but hate Brave new world?

Why do liberals love 1984, but hate Brave new world?

Because Huxley was right

fpbp

Wrong board mate

They don't hate it, they just don't know about it. The name Huxley isn't repeated about everything the media tells them not to like, whereas Orwell is.

Liberals in a recent surgery have less arm strength than conservatives, and I think it correlates to the liberal philosophy of sharing vs conservatives who are tough and independent.

>Why do liberals love 1984, but hate Brave new world?

Because Huxley doesn't criticize official state enemies. Huxley looks in a mirror.

This. Huxley doesn't target a group but people as a whole.

Low test 1984 liberal shill, shoo shoo

What makes you think that?
Brave New World is less popular, but I don't think any less liked by the people who've read it

Because it's way more dense than 1984 maybe?

Huxley was criticizing scientific rationalism in the absence of humanism, which is the inexorable end game of capitalism. He was criticizing his own society.

manlet liberal spotted

Because liberals love hacks.

Orwell ripped off Huxley like the cunt he is.

me at the end

>implying liberals hate Brave New World
>implying conservatives don't constantly try to ban it because child sex and such

fuck off /fitlit/ with /pol/lacks will always be the best board

/pol/ pls go

I've literally never heard this correlation.

I used to be far more liberal than I am now, and I think that 1984 and BNW are both very important novels.

As a High School English Teacher who teaches Brave New World next week, it's because:
The character of Winston Smith is more interesting than the Savage.
Brave New World starts out with 6 chapters of background info, it can be a total slog.
Brave New World was made in reaction to trends of the 1910s, which is less relatable than 1984 being more of a reaction against WW2 and Communism.
George Orwell was simply a better writer than Aldous Huxley.

Personally I like Brave New World more, but I am an English teacher who likes history. 1984 is the better book.

“We were keeping our eye on 1984. When the year came and the prophecy didn't, thoughtful Americans sang softly in praise of themselves. The roots of liberal democracy had held. Wherever else the terror had happened, we, at least, had not been visited by Orwellian nightmares.

But we had forgotten that alongside Orwell's dark vision, there was another - slightly older, slightly less well known, equally chilling: Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. Contrary to common belief even among the educated, Huxley and Orwell did not prophesy the same thing. Orwell warns that we will be overcome by an externally imposed oppression. But in Huxley's vision, no Big Brother is required to deprive people of their autonomy, maturity and history. As he saw it, people will come to love their oppression, to adore the technologies that undo their capacities to think.

What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one. Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism. Orwell feared that the truth would be concealed from us. Huxley feared the truth would be drowned in a sea of irrelevance. Orwell feared we would become a captive culture. Huxley feared we would become a trivial culture, preoccupied with some equivalent of the feelies, the orgy porgy, and the centrifugal bumblepuppy. As Huxley remarked in Brave New World Revisited, the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us.”
― Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

/thread

Is this Veeky Forums

Because, like everyone of cliched political alignment, they are stupid cunts.

GOD DAMN IT THIS BOARD ISNT FOR YOUR FUCKING POLITICS
I DONT KNOW A GOD DAMN THING THATS GOING ON IN AMERICA AND I LIVE IN IT
AND YOU KNOW WHAT?
I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE WHAT A FUCKING LIBERAL, MILLENIAL, LEFTIST, FUCKING ANYTHING IS
SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP

Most liberals lead empty vapid lives of celebrity worship and drug abuse like in BNW

Tpbp
Fit is for muscles not politics

>implying they didn't both rip of zamyatin
Brainlet detected

This

fuck off, /fitlit/ forever