Veeky Forums I have decided to start deadlifting

Veeky Forums I have decided to start deadlifting.

I am relatively new to powerlifting and at the moment I am squatting 35kg. As I mentioned earlier I want to start deadlifting but I don't know what weight to do. I also don't know when what weight I shouldn't do. I don't know how much effort is too much when deciding my weight.

Any help would be great

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Read starting strength

Start with a 1pl8 deadlift. When you can do 3x5 move up 5lbs. Keep doing this and keep eating a lot. Don't get hurt.

>saved you from reading SS

This
But remember form.

Get your form down.
If you fail the perfect form test; don't increase the weight.

start with bar

>at the moment I am squatting 35kg

How the fuck can u be this weak??? At least start 1pl8 squat then work from there. With 35kg u are just wasting ur time.

Was bed ridden for a couple of months after reconstructive knee surgery. Quads deteriated some and only started the gym after recovering. Been going to the gym for about two months and squatting is also fairly new to me. 19 years old, 13 stone and 6ft 1. Don't really know what I'm doing so you guys are helping

If OP can squat 35kg (assuming not including the bar?) then OP can deadlift 1pl8. Starting with the bar is counterproductive unless you're focusing on correcting your form, but even then it's better to at least use some light weight.

Excluding the bar. It's either a 10 or a 20, don't know which

okay nigger, you're weak as shit, but at least you have a valid excuse for it.
here's what you do now:
>start with the empty bar, but rest it on top of a stack of plates so it's at the same height as if you had a plate on the bar
>do a set of five
>add 10 kg (5 per side), adapt your two stacks of plates accordingly
>do another set
>add 10 kg
>repeat
and you stop doing this when it doesn't feel easy anymore. you shouldn't get to failure, just to "not easy". that's your starting point.
next workout you increase the weight by 5 kg, and you keep doing that until it gets actually fairly hard, at which point you reduce the weight jumps to 2.5 kg.
given your squat, you'll realistically be deadlifting around one pl8 on your first day.

most importantly
read SS for fuckcs sake

just to clarify
>next workout you increase the weight by 5 kg, and you keep doing that until it gets actually fairly hard, at which point you reduce the weight jumps to 2.5 kg.
you increase weight every workout
don't increase it a bunch of times on your second day

If it looks like an oly bar it almost certainly is, and they weigh 20 kg.
Try putting it on standard width power cage / bench station / squat rack hooks, then loading up two plates on one but none on the other. A proper oly bar will be stable, 10 kg bars will tip over.

This might help
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
Deadlifting is a really fun lift when you get the hang of it.

do Romanian deads at 135 then try regular dead lifts at 115

kgs ?

divide by 2.2
or just google it, you fucking retard

wasnt sure if he meant kgs or lbs

don't worry about it mate it's not uncommon for people to start sub 1plate

push yourself to progress, remember your form and cues. Dont jump to an arbitrary weight just because some random faggot on the internet told you to

t. faggot with a 2 plate squat who thinks he's hot shit
kill yourself my man

>try more weight than you can handle
>this won't do any harm
>i'm so good at giving advice

135 lbs is 1pl8
135 kg is completely arbitrary, and way too heavy for your current situation
anyway, do what said