Keto Diet

Alright Veeky Forums - I am a woman pretty well versed in the field of nutrition and exercise, used to be in very good shape until I got pregnant with my daughter. Now i am trying to shed the weight. I used to eat paleo 90% of the time, liked it a lot. I recently did a whole30 now am trying my hand at Keto to shed some fast pounds then just moving on to sensible diet and exercise.
Tell me more about keto! Im eating at a 20% deficit and my macros are calculated at 123g fat, 102g protein, and less than 20g carbs. This is my 6th day, I have never went over on carbs and have trouble staying under my protein value and feeling full (although I have). I am hungry all the time and want to kill myself eating 10 olives an a slice of cheese for a snack. should I stick it out or move on? Am i just not in ketosis yet?? I want to still be able to work out too!
Picture is me before I got pregnant and fat for the 3rd time.

> I am a woman

timestamp or fuck off

gross looking desu

Ketosis usually starts after two days.

Stick with it if you want to, Keto isn't magic, but if the only way to get you to eat less is to go keto then by all means do so.

Here ya go. just looking for some advice.

2 days. I didn't realize it was that fast. When does the "full" feeling come i read about?

I'd say it's a pretty good chance you're having Keto-flu, it usually takes about a week or two to get rid of it and then you'll feel like yourself again and going to the gym will seem like a good idea.

Its April and I still don't know its 2017. Ill go kill myself now.

keto flu simply comes if you are lacking salt in your diet which often happens on keto diets because there is so little salt in most "keto" foods naturally. Just be sure to add some salt to your cooking or make chicken soup if you feel the flu.

I feel pretty good aside from being hungry. I did feel weak and had a bad headache, but that is gone now.

Why fall for meme diets?

Why not a simple calorie deficit?

I don't have any advice to give you, I just love your eyes and this is proof that 2016 truly was a better year

good question. this is the first time i have ever counted macros, I despise it. Which is why i ate paleo in the past. I ate as much as I wanted of the correct foods. Had success with it, just wanted a jump start on my weight loss.

I did keto for 4 months, lost like 40 lbs super easily. Tbh if you are hungry, you can probably just eat more. One of the good things about keto is you can do intuitive eating and not worry as much about overeating (at least that is what I found, never tracked shit).

Keto isn't the best long term diet imo (way to much food you have to give up), good for losing weight. I've been doing intermittent fasting for a while now and had great results with it. Don't have to give anything up, curbs your appetite, less meal prep time. It's great, something to consider. Plan to do it for rest of my life.

Try a hybrid of using Paleo and simple calorie restriction then. You will consistently lose weight if you eat at a deficit no matter the diet type.

Lol why you poppin out kids? Don't do keto if you're planning on kids soon. Keto works mostly because fats and proteins keep you sated and this helps you eat at a deficit. If you're hungry all the time, you're kind of missing the biggest benefit. How fast you slip into ketosis depends on your glycogen stores, which will be higher at higher bf %s. The surefire way doctors would get epileptics into ketosis was a 48 hour fast followed by meals of eggs. What is the actual deficit in calories? On a 2000 kcal TDEE, that's only 400 kcal, which would be easy to cut at even without keto or IF. Maybe make sure you're getting enough water (I try to drink at least 3 L) and sodium, potassium, magnesium. Keto makes you pee a lot so you rid yourself of water and electrolytes quick.

>very well versed in the field of nutrition
>ate paleo
>now wants to try keto

I said pretty well versed and I just meant I am not clueless when it comes to food and what you should be eating. i am SKEPTICAL of keto, which is why I am asking others for their opinion.

Have you seen the nutrition industry? It isn't like stem, it's p much meme after meme

mommy

sauce on the bae?

I read its best not to go over a 20% deficit. Do you disagree? Its a pretty large deficit from what I was eating before.

Not him but what was your pre-pregnancy weight?

What is your current weight?

What energy consuming activities you're currently doing?

I agree the typical nutrition industry is bullshit. If you think Keto is bullshit tell me why. Im skeptical because I wouldn't normally choose a lot of "keto foods" when trying to eat healthy. (cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, Dairy in general, etc.)

I weigh about 178 pounds. (my scale broke last week) But that is VERY close.
Pre-pregnancy I was 140, lifted weight a lot.
I am currently doing weights for about 45 min 3 times a week, getting back into the swing of things. Not much cardio yet.

If youre versed on the field of nutrition then you should know losing weight is just calories in calories out. Keto is a just a preference diet stop being such a faggot. Go lift, have a good diet and do cardio

Well i thought this would speed up the process for a while. Do you disagree?

Okay, what is your height and do you have a goal date to reach your desired body weight? The closer the goal date, the larger the deficit. Look at it this way, it took you 9 months to gain 40lbs, you can take another 9 months to lose it slowly or do a larger deficit.

Any deficit will help you lose weight but the hard part is calculating TDEE which is why some people don't have any luck with calories in calories out, calories out is hard to quantify without heart rate monitors, other equipment. Any kind of drastic change will put stress on your body of course but higher deficits give you faster results. Keto, IF, meme or not, if it helps you be comfortable at a deficit, that's what you should pay attention to. If after maybe 2-3 weeks you can't stand eating keto, you should try something else. The best way to improve your body is to adapt lifestyle changes you can sustain.

>well versed in nutrition

Why is this a meme? It doesn't matter what you k ow about nutrition you stupid bitch. It a comes down to calories in calories out for weight loss.

You arent a fucking body builder you fat slob est mcdonalds and lose weight. Nutrition doesn't fucking matter.

>Muh macros
Why are people such silly goys?

> I am not clueless when it comes to food and what you should be eating
>>>>paleo

I agree, and I dont plan to do Keto long term. Like I said I was hoping for a jump start, not a quick fix. Maybe i should just go back to eating clean and scrap Keto because I KNOW I don't want to do it long term.

I like eating paleo because it allows me to eat as much of the approved foods as I want and still loose weight with exercise. I don't have to track calories or anything. Why do you think paleo is so bad?

Nutrition does matter. So fuck off. You might be able to lose weight and eat a calorie deficit of mcdonalds but you have way bigger problems. And if you don't you are the exception not the rule. Don't say nutrition doesn't matter; that is idiotic.

Let me just add, i lost 130 pounds in 10 months simply on calories in calories out.

Not a singpe fuck given to muh macros/nutrition memes.

You're a fat slob. Go on a severe calorie deficiency. Your body will literally eat your fat ass to stay alive.

Muh muscle loss.
Fake, and gay. You're gonna lose must regardless and unoess you are trying to get shredded you should desregard this meme as it does apply to you.

Find out your daioy calorie needs and subtract 1500 a day. You will be looking like a new women in 6 months.

>Find out your daioy calorie needs and subtract 1500 a day. You will be looking like a new women in 6 months.
This is stupid advice. A deficit of 1500 isn't healthy unless you're an elite athlete training to meet a weight class.

subtract 1500 a day, so eat nothing? good advice.

Ayy OP, answer this question here. The goal date will help you on how much to eat. And even if you miss it by a few weeks or months, as long as you lose weight, that's what's important.

Didn't take that fucking idiot seriously anyway.

>Bigger problems.
Name them bitch. You are fullof shit and you fell for the memes like a tard.

You aint shit. You aint zyzz. You are some dyel piece of shit who will NEVER make it. Nutrition literaloy doesn't matter. Balancing your diet is a fucking joke.

As long as this dumb slut in the op eats her chicken breasts and her veggies every now and again, shs will be perfectly fine.

Name the reasons nutrition matters. Im waiting. Cite. And source. Then show exmaples. Dont make a fake story up about a guy who turned blue from his iron deficiency you stupid bitch. Go for it. Cite. Im waiting.

Again, you aint shit and will never make it. Nutrition balance doesn't matter for you or her.

i would like to lose the weight by September.

I am 5 ft 8

It wont matter what proof i give you or what sources I cite, and I am not just saying that because I have none. I'm not entertaining your idiotic bullshit.

>being this mad

Kek. Not that user, but I do agree with you.

You might lose weight, but i actually care about my health.

Scrap keto, OP. Especially if you know how to track calories and eat at a deficit already. It'll work better for you in the long run. Calories in/calories out works, keto is a hard to maintain meme.

This is gonna be really tough but doable. You said you calculated your macros, I calculated it again, it comes up to 2100 calories, is this maintenance? Your real maintenance value is 2200 calories. Anyway, 80% of 2100 calories is 1680.

1680 calories is 9 months to reach your goal of 140lbs.

September which is 5 months away requires 1300 calories, this might be difficult but it's very doable.

Doesn't exercise play a part in this? Can i eat more calories if I am consistently exercising?

It depends on the exercises, but most regular levels of exercise aren't enough to matter on a large scale of caloric calculations unless we're talking about marathon training.

Assuming you're doing weights and cardio for 5 days a week, I'll be safe and up your calorie requirements to ~1500. Remember this is for September to reach 140lbs. You may not be perfectly precise with this but if you're consistent, you'll see results on the scale and mirror and it's a success if when September reaches and you're something like 150 even.

No you stupid bitch. You will over estimate how much you lost during exercise and then over eat by stuffing your fat mouth with filth.

He gave you good numbers to hit. Take your fucking 1000 calorie deficit and just do it. You aren't going to make it, i can already tell you aren't going to make it. You're tryi ng to find ways around the huge deficit.

Exercise but dont account for it in your calories. That will be your backup for the days you slip, and you will slip. Its better to be under than over anyways.

Also. Fast.
Eat once a day. At night. Hit your entire calories in 1 meal. Stuff your face like the big you are and go to bed full. Tons of water.

Fasting does something to the body. If you can get last the first week, you are no longer has hungry and full of energy even on a 1k deficit

Revolting. Show us your disgusting deflated after-birth titties you stupid bitch

Thank you for your advice. Appreciate it. How did you get 2100 cals though with 123 fat (1107 cals) 102 protein (408 cals) 20 carbs (80 cals).

Jesus Christ, you're mean :^)
I have to go now, femanon, anyway. Try to eat on a 1500 calorie a day diet and see how it goes. You can try whatever meme variant of diet you want but as long as you reach the caloric limits you're fine.

If you can't do this, try upping the calories, to 1700 (1680 is 9 months to reach goal, I just prefer more even numbers). Losing weight is a long term process, I get that you're not satisfied with your current body but just like it took you 9 months to get there, maybe 9 months ain't so bad to remove it.

Also I'd recommend getting a blood test and supplementing whatever you're deficient in to be healthy. Don't fall for memes like multi-vitamins, etc.

Goodbye.

mfw thinking of you hurting

Oh fuck, I forgot protein is 4 cals per gram. Really tired and I have to go to work in 4 hours. Anyway everything that I posted is still correct, I just fucked up the macro numbers a bit but that's okay.

Just making sure I didn't mess up! Thanks again for the constructive help. I have had recent blood work and it is all great!!! :) Have a great day at work!

Fuck I can't sleep. Anyway, just to make sure everything is good the macros you're working with is about 1600 calories which isn't bad as well, should take you around 7 and a half months to lose that weight.

Anyway like I said anything reasonable that's less than 2200 calories would make you lost weight.

Another thing I forgot to mention is your posture may need to be fixed judging by the picture in the OP. Do some research on anterior pelvic tilt and determine if you've got it.

I was standing weird for that picture, i remember it.

More pics of anime eyes plz

Who hurt you user? Did your uncle move onto your younger brother? Is that it?

M A D I S O N
A
D
I
S
O
N

>sixth day
Wait longer
Drink more water

And eat some NoSalt or drink a Powerade or something. Electrolytes.

I thought olives had carbs. also, eat less protein. your diet should be mostly fat. learn to google, dumb broad. tons of recipes

See, 98% of the time I totally agree with the "Hah, they said they were a girl for attention, gtfo!" bullshit but this IS a fitness board, the demands and requirements for a male and female body are pretty different that advice can vary based on gender so is it really such a big deal here?

I have used google and have a lot of recipes. Is it so bad i was asking for real life experience and advice instead as well?

Thank you.

My main question is this. Say you have 2 diets at the exact same calorie deficit not matter what it is. Will limiting my carbs to less than 20g on one diet yield faster results than the other or does it matter? THAT is what I am trying to ask about keto.

Bumping for qt3.14 facial aesthetics

That's me dummy

Long term? Not a single difference.

Short term? You can lose a lot of water weight immediately with a keto diet.

The best diet is one that works for you. I could lock you up in a cage and feed you 1600 calories a day and you would lose weight steadily but we're not perfect creatures. Things like social events pop up often and sometimes you might wanna eat some shit with friends. And that's perfectly fine, as long as you compensate for it in the following days. IMHO I'm not a fan of strict diets.

Will you be my gf please?

Married with 3 kids trying to save the white race. Sorry :(