Do any of you have any experience with these homemade power racks?

Do any of you have any experience with these homemade power racks?

youtube.com/watch?v=6dy5eyMDt3c&t=31s

Woodprix had a tutorial on it too. Aside from cancerous youtube comments, I couldn't find anything on people actually using them for a while. Thought?

bump

BUMP

Anyone had any experience making one before?

Speaking of squat racks, it is worth it to get one. I could buy one off a neighbor for $300. Includes the power cage, the bench, a weight rack, dip attachment. lat pull down attachment. the bar. and 210 pounds of weight. Or should I buy dumbbells from like Academy or something. Or I could try making a homemade one like in OP's video. Which would be best? I want a full body routine because I don't have access to a gym. Thanks.

This one looks nice as fuck my man. Only thing is. how much weight could it hold you reckon?

Do you know what kind of cage it is? Either way, that sounds fucking great for the price. Especially with the weights.

There are no responses.

Why?

Everyone who made their own """power rack""" is dead.

This is a 4x4 one, so it's at least stronger than the video I first posted. Not sure because they didn't specify, but they rated the weaker one at 500 lbs

it's a basic weekend project. good fun and you feel accomplished at the end. the only trouble part is cutting all the miters in a timely fashion and also drilling all those holes. Ive had mine for about a year or so now and i love it. super sturdy even after i trimmed it down to half-rack size

It's a Tracker 755. I personally haven't seen it yet, but should be this right here.

Me too, thanks.

Thanks. Did you get the dried wood or just whatever was there? I've heard without the dried, it can warp over a small amount of time.
Also, have you ever failed while using it?

Never heard of it, google didn't help very much either.

But I would say definitely try it out first.

So if it's all in working order, you think this would be a pretty good deal vs just buying some dumbells?

Oh yeah, most definitely.

Including weights that is a steal depending on the brand.

So a bit of an off-brand I think but as long as it works good I guess.

Sweet. I've sent him an email asking if the offer is still open. Thanks dude.

OP here.

If you guys aren't down with a wooden one, where the fuck should I find a used power rack? Ebay doesn't have much, my craigslist had one within the last few months and it was sold already(obviously).

Where else should I be looking?

You can either

1. Wait for someone near you to put a listing up

2. Be willing to drive 2 or so hours to get a good deal

3. Just buy one from any sports place

You decide.

Build it is

I always wonder about the capacity. On my Valor Rack I know I can have 800lbs on the inside and 500lbs on the outside and etc.
Does anyone know how much these racks can hold?

If you're super worried about warping bring the wood into the space the rack will be kept in about a month or two before. It's really not going to be a problem tho, treated wood only warps when it has a relatively thin dimension like with floorboards. With these things if it warps you probs won't notice because they BIG.

You could build with raw undried, untreated wood but it'd be a PITA and not really look like the pictures at all.

Having miners in my family I can tell you that a good wooden frame under too high a load will creak well before failure. The general move from wood to metal frames way way back was not welcomed in mining because of this.