Hey /bros/

Hey /bros/

What was the moment you decided to start lifting? What was your initial motivation?

thought I wasn't getting girls because i was skinny
kek, I was stupid, it's just cos I'm ugly

Seeing the girl I like giving attention to skinnyfat fags while completely ghosting me cause I was too skinny for her.

That and the fact I'm a bitter faggot who got picked on in school for being a twig.

My body looks better but I need to work on my Chad persona cause I still act beta as fuck

>Friends are all endomorphs
>220-280 lbs
>not completely beta because charisma but It's not like I could fight any of them successfully
>decide that i wanted to be stronger than them
>approaching the strength levels of the lower tier 220s bros but will never achieve the calve gains that the fatties get

never really cared about getting girls with muscles or looks. I've been Auschwitz mode for all m'life and haven't really had any problem pulling chicks. Not even good facial asthetics or anything. Just overwhelmingly stimulating. That's all it takes. If you can control a woman's emotions you can do whatever you want with her. also, Life is so fucking easy when you're strong.

My gf died and lifting was the only thing that kept my mind off it and myself away from drinking because no gains when drunk all the time.

Initially out of boredom and wanting to improve myself. Then you stick to it cause it feels good, even helps you sleep better. The feeling of tearing your muscles and feeling them tense harder than before is still an amazing feeling. Also cause I realised you're only young once so I may as well fuck as many babes as possible and this isn't guaranteed to get me laid but it will definitely help

I looked in the mirror and hated what I saw. Lifting hasn't fixed the issue.

I wanted to be better than other people

I told myself that if I ever hit 200 pounds, I'd start lifting and go banemode.

Lo and behold, I hit 200 pounds and decided to give in to my normie brother's demands that I lift with him.

Live 5 minutes away from uni gym, have to pay to be eligible to join sports teams at my uni (i play lacrosse) which gives me heavily discounted gym use - figured i might as well go.

Gf broke up with me last weekend so now i'm going on a huge bulk

getting rejected by girl that seemed interested at first

but now i lift for Eric Bugenhagen and Moosefix

Tried it out and I liked seeing constant improvement. If you do everything correctly, eat right, rest sufficiently and develop yourself you will always be better for it.

Every time you go in it's a new you.

Did Calisthenics for a while, noticed good but slow gains, wanted them to be faster. Also reached the crossroads between going for full gymnast trickery or doing the same old shit to maintain. Didn't really like the first but also wanted more mussles, here we are. I still do basic bodyweight stuff because it's fun though.

I had nothing else to do

Its because you have no idea how to talk to women buddy. I've seen countless ugos with girlfriends.

>Inbetween jobs for 2 years
>Figured as long as I'm failing to get a job I may aswell do something that feels like work

I dropped out of college and needed something to keep the suicidal thoughts away

Wrong again.

A lot of guys project what they find attractive in women (the physical form) onto themselves. They scream face frame and height are all that matters but its not true. Women aren't turned on mostly visually like men are. Confidence is big part of it. A fat guy who "thinks" he's hot is going to get A LOT more women then a real tall good looking guy who's insecure

>What is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

>be Auschwitz mode
>get robbed by a couple niggers
>realize they could've killed me if they wanted
>realize anybody could kick my ass if they wanted to
>figure if I get bigger and in shape people won't fuck with me

My reasons for lifting have evolved since then, but that was definitely the wake up call

It sounds gay as fuck, but playing strength based characters/classes in video games and D&D. My first lifting progress spreadsheet I made it look like a D&D character sheet where I was the character, and seeing myself progress had some twisted effect on my brain as my own personal stats increasing.

damn user, hope you're doing better now

>seeing myself progress had some twisted effect on my brain as my own personal stats increasing.

Iktf bro

TO BECOME FUCKING INVINCIBLE