/fat/ General

calories in calories out edition

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

>21
>185cm
>110kg
>keep trying, be motivated for a week see no gains then crash
>Eat chicken tenders, rice and veggies but eat about 15 tendies a day
>Mad at self
>decide tomorrow will finally be the day I make it
>Too scared to start SS
W-we're all going to make it though right

I officially lost over 20 lbs, can i get some (you)s of encouragement? I have 40 more lbs til my first goal and 70 to my second

I might not eat breakfast until later though because I haven't shat this morning yet

Way to go, user! You absolutely deserve the (you)

(you) are going to make it user-kun

tendies are the worst source of chicken
tomorrow never comes
you can start with bodyweight exercises just fine, no gym required

good start user

> expecting results after a week's """hardwork"""
nigga it takes months and years to see results. stop being a faggot and control yourself

Should I buy skinless chicken that's raw and cook that instead? What kind of chicken should I get instead?
>implying I'm not a hasty faggot :^)

I fucking hate my body.
175cm, started at 86kg thought I would be fine at 70kg.
Currently at 68, still look fucking disgusting, narrow frame/shoulders suck, gotta get down to ~60-62 to look decent.

Kill me please.

Good job user, you can do the rest too.

Obviously its not a great start, but Im sure you can do it user. If you have trouble with motivation maybe just weigh yourself now and then again in 2 or so weeks so you can see a hopefully big jump.

Also if you have trouble with eating a ton of food, maybe try not having as much in the house. Instead of buying a big bag just buy enough for one meal each day and combine buying it with a walk if thats feasible.

2013 - fat fuck. WoW daily. Unemployed. No human contact for months on end. No girlfriend for at least 3 years.

2014 - Decide to get fit. Start running as often as possible. Also tried ECA stack and it worked great.

2015 - Good shape now. Still loose skin but i look like i lift with clothes. I discover online dating and start dating girls for the first time in ages. I also land an easy job with good pay.

2016 - Get even better job, starting to gain weight from bad eating at work. Too tired to go to the gym after working 10 hour days at office

2017 cruising steadily back up to where i was in 2014, haven't been to the gym in months.

and that's my life

I have become active. My buddies think I have become too active.
This is my weekly routine
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 30 min jogging, Parkour course, lots of muscular endurance workouts.
Wednesday: full body lifts, accessories, 1 hr high altitude walk on the treadmill
Thursday:30min jogging, Taichi course.
Friday: see Wednesday
Saturday: 30 min jogging, 1-2 hours of combat training with Bo staffs and cqc sparring.
Sunday: refer to Wednesday and friday.

Is this too much?
I also wanted to do Intermittent fasting from Sunday evening till Wednesday morning and then again from Wednesday evening till Friday morning and then again from Friday evening till Sunday morning.

>taichi

lmao

also i guarantee you haven't done that routine for more than a week, maybe 2. Fucking faggot

stats

2 months desu.....

Who is about to order a nice big chocolate-crushed oreo crepe with whipped cream to celebrate Friday? :DDD

72kg
23%bf
1.73m

Squat: 50kg
Deadlift 80kg
Bench press 50kg
Row 40kg
Ohp 25kg

skinless chicken breast that you cooked yourself until the day you die

You can be doing everything correctly for a month before you see any actual change in the scale. Months before you feel/look different

everyday you come here and post about crepes. Fuck off, you aren't doing IIFYM right

i lost 50 lb since november becuase a girl rejected real bad for my weight. now i see the girl and dont feel nothing for her i guess i own her one.

I can't keep my back straight when doing barbell rows and deadlifts. Is this a fat problem? Will I eventually get proper form if I drop enough weight?

>Fuck off, you aren't doing IIFYM right
I dont give a shit lmao, i am losing weight while eating tasty foods :3

post 'em

Should I keep eating the rice as well?

>Needing an app
Week 0(19/02/17) 122
Week 1(26/02/17) 117.5
Week 2(5/03/17) 117
Week 3(12/03/17) 115.6
Week 4(19/03/17) 115
Week 5(25/03/17) 115
week 6(01/04/17) 113.7
Week 6.3(04/4/2017)112.7

Cant wait for the shop to open so i can order one, maybe i ll get a milkshake too :3

Don't you all think that the concept of :
"will to not eat " is completely retarded ?

Since the first living cells , life's most important mechanism is the consumption of another living being , we evolved to to it and now hundred of thousands of people are forcing themselves to not eat .

Rate me Veeky Forums

switch to brown. Just make sure to track the calories and adjust how much you eat accordingly.

>tfw used to make and eat 1-2 cups of raw rice a day

>less than 2 months in

aight man

A start. You can do better than that though, keep it up.

t. tumblr fat "activist"

>eat two marshmallows and three pieces of chocolate last night, still under goal
>gain weight the next morning
I KNOW IT'S WATER OR SOMETHING BUT STILL

>forcing themselves to eat what we need instead of what we want

ftfy

Don't eat pure sugar dude

that's like -3.5 lbs a week average senpai

didn't count your spike.

>haven't been able to squat for the past month
>Deadlift has steadily been going down, probably because my quads are dying
>Lost 4 lbs over the past 3 weeks, pretty sure half of that is my legs
Pls just heal already, I don't want to stop my cut while waiting for this, hopefully 10 - 15 more lbs to go before I can see all 6 of my abs clearly...

that spike is the day i started being a better person

what app?

why are you fatties losing weight?
WW3 kicking off soon, get ready to be vaporized boi's ;)

>believing it's a happening
someone doesn't know how to play 20-D interdimensional backgammon at all

link in OP

>tfw all I've done is made myself fit enough to be drafted
Time to undo my progress

all jokes aside, due to trump being a literal jew bitch, and WW being a serious serious threat now, im thinking maybe being a fat cunt isn't so bad? least i won't get drafted

I have a STEM degree so I'm safe r-right?

>he didn't drainnthe swamp
>he didn't ban muslims
>he didn't jail hillary
>he hasn't repealed obamacare so far
>he's not anti-syrian was after all

So... he's basically Hillary Clinton, right? Apart from the PR they're the same candidate, and had the same plans. The establishment wins again.

Don't return to fat fuck user.

Get into p90x or even better body weight workouts if you must. You go back to FF mode other portions of your life will follow.

Bingo.

this was perfect, the jews knew we would never vote for hillary, so they devised this whole plan with trump. it worked, he has top republicans and democrats praising him, we are the cucks now

>tfw I saw veins popping from my biceps and forearms after working out last night
my goal is to walk around with forearms that look like throbbing cocks

by that same reasoning, cocaine should be a healthy thing to consume.
We have evolved to like its effect, after all.

Daily reminder you dont need to do anything, just be careful of your calories and you can eat chocolate cakes too+!

>throbbing cocks
That is sexy though

Retarded question but do I need to do anything before hand cooking raw chicken or can I just put it from the package into the oven with no issues?

You can season it.

dont worry user, lose weight and then clean bulk slowly. it will get better

plebs

noku fitness boku no pal

7 pounds away from my goal weight now lads

>Daily reminder you dont need to do anything, just be careful of your calories and you can eat chocolate cakes too+!
This is bad advice. My ultimate goal is to get healthy habits, meaning I can eat healthy without using any tools like my phone to track calories.
I don't want to crave chocolate cake, or anything sweet. I want to eat what is healthy and good for me.

>I want a life without chocolate and other tasty fun stuff
lol ok, enjoying your "life"

nigga learn to reading comprehension

but enjoy "life" as a fatty

wew lad

He said he doesn't want to crave it. Stop being a literal child and learn how to eat like an adult.

What happened on the 24th user

>Be le serious adult
>adults should act x way
Found the underage

you're like little baby, watch this:

6lbs

>chocolate cake should be a significant portion of your diet

>What is reading comprehension

Got any advice on how to track portions and "types" of food?

I find it very inaccurate unless you're cooking everything yourself and measure absolutely every portion of absolutely everything you eat.

For example, I ate at my parent's and my mom had make a delicious pumpkin stew. How the fuck do I know exactly how many pieces of pumpkin did I eat? I'm not scooping that out of my plate to weight it.

Also, every food has dozens of variants per brand or whatever, and if I'm not eating the exact variant it can be as high as 50% difference. (eg. bread. meat etc.)

What I think it would work best would be taking every fucking piece of food, calculating the exact portion and using the nutrtional info of each AND EVERY prodcut you consume. Which is a massive pain the arse.

I'm trying to make a clean cut after my bulk and I want it to be very, very precise, so I'm at a small deficit which will make me lose fat while also losing a minimal amount of muscle. I could just accept the inaccuracies and cutting hard knowing that I'm below maintain, but that's not good enough to conserve my gains.

Honestly what the fuck.

>What I think it would work best would be taking every fucking piece of food, calculating the exact portion and using the nutrtional info of each AND EVERY prodcut you consume
That's exactly what you should be doing. Get myfitnesspal for fuck's sake

Just did my weigh in this morning

213.8lbs, was 228 at the end of February though I had already been eating better about 10 days prior to that first weigh in

Routine is 1500-1600 cals per day, intermittent fasting (8hr daily eating window), about 1h30m walking every weekday (to and from work), light squats (50 with 30lbs kettlebell) and a bit of stationary bike HIIT on most evenings. Though I only started the squats and HIIT this week.

I already have it, and it's still a massive pain in the ass if you want to be like 90% accurate.

Also most of the units are in pounds, ounces and other autistic units, which doesn't help a bit.

Also forgot to mention I'm 5'11"

Well I officially dropped XX from my clothing size.

[spoiler]I'm S now[/spoiler]

>139kg down to 124.4
>after 3 days still in 124.4

What do? I always check my weight at the same time everyday after I take a piss and I count my calories to have a 600cal deficit a day.

>complaining about using units of weight
You can't convert to SI? Did you want to measure your Frosted Flakes in moles? MFP makes the already-easy task of recording what you eat that much easier. If you can't handle that I don't know what to tell you.

Don't worry about it and only weigh in once a month

waterweight, weigh in once a week. dont obsess too much

If it's fried, sure.

You should only really worry if you are the same weight after like 3 weeks. Only thing you can do is keep going.

>if you prefer sweets over sweat
holy fuck this is motivating

I can. Of course I can. You're missing the point entirely. My point is that doing this (making precise portion measurements, unit conversions) is a major pain in the ass when it has to be done for EACH AND EVERY piece of food you eat during the day.

I sometimes even forget whatI I had for lunch.

>tfw was in the store after working out and in the beer aisle with a 6 pack of hard cider in my hand and I put it back

why?

Can someone help me with an exercise routine? I have a small home gym in my office (no barbell though, jut dumbbells) the weights I have are
4×5kg
8×2.5 kg
10×1.25 kg

Pic related is what it came with (it was second hand and free)

I have some questions too, what does inclining the bench do? What's the proper form for the fly weights?

Thanks anons

>being this new

I've got shit impulse control because I never practiced it and I felt pride in doing the better thing for my bod especially since everyone in my family is an alcoholic and I've had problems with it in the past.
cider's got shit macros desu

Just start somewhere
For example dump diet. Eat whatever the fuck you want. But go and start SS. And don't do it to see visual results, do it for the strength gains. It is far easier to accomplish and actually gives a great sense of accomplishment as you see yourself become stronger. After you feel confident, add some other aspect, for example eat more protons. Slowly but surely, this is the easier way to the gains.
Of course, it would be much better if you just man the fuck up and start right now, but we both know you will not actually do that, or keep at it even if you start

Well that's good then, cider tastes like shit anyways.
Pick 1-2 beers next time.

>Pick 1-2 beers next time.
I'm going to just keep not drinking, but thanks.

Good for you user!

I don't see a problem with a few once in a while, but to each their own.

Pushups
Chinups

Drinking is unhealthy

>If I just man up
>implying
>implying I won't keep at it
I'm sick of my fatness user, you'll see

Living is unhealthy

>Veeky Forums - Fitness

Fit is just r9k for people who aren't fat

>everyone here is exactly the same as me but skinny

What's for dinner tonight, /fat/?

>aren't fat
>bear mode!!
>abs on skinny guys don't count dyel

It's r9k for people who talk about lifting.

You know it to be true

>>abs on skinny guys don't count dyel