Who can bench their body weight for 5x5?

Who can bench their body weight for 5x5?
How long have you been lifting?
What was your method?

??

That's incredibly easy. I can bench my bodyweight for 5x20.

>Lifting on and off for years, steady for a solid year now

I've been lifting for about three weeks and I'm already at ~70% of my body weight 5x5

>70%
then you still have a long way to go kiddo

Yeah, about 30% of my body weight to go...

over 25 reps

I'm not sure what your point is?

Been lifting since July 2016 and just last week benched bw (82kg) for 5x5.

I have used three different routines, but most recently switched to a modified PHUL. I actually think that diet is more important than routine (coming from a skelly)

I'm 198 lbs. and can bench 245 for 6-8 reps pretty easily. I lifted seriously for a few years and use a pretty standard bro split for maintenance now. When I was lifting heavier, I got up to 335 lbs. at a bodyweight of 220 using Westside. I found that the combination of max effort and dynamic days, with constant variation in bars, bands, chains, etc. really helped me. Prior to Westside, I used 5/3/1 and got decent results, but my body really responded to Westside. I have never benched with anything more than wrist wraps (I use "Gangsta" wraps) and sometimes a belt (I have a Rogue belt. I used to have a 10mm Inzer and it was great, too.). There are a ton of resources out there for developing your bench. Keep doing your other compound lifts and your bench will go up. Do heavy tricep work. Strengthen your upper back. You'll get where you want to go with consistency.

>weight 110kg can do 5x5 130kg
>5 years
>my method was lifting for 5 years

Today's weight: 191
Yesterday's bench workout: 200 for 5x8

D... Did I make it?

I bench 70kg 3x5 at 60kg bw

TURBO MANLET LIFE

shitty local stores stop carrying 2" plates for some reason

bench BW 4x15 because too lazy/financially strained to pay 60 bucks for another 20 pounds of weight/shipping.

should be done with school and able to get a job in the next month or two, can't wait to see what my working set will be.

I have orangutan arms and real shit tricep genetics, its not as easy as you'd think.

At 79k Ive just reached 60k 5x5 bench, going from 45 and been benching 2x a week for a month

I bench +50lbs my body weight. I have been lifting on and off for over 10 years.

i dont know what the fuck is going on but i did some half assed bodyweight workouts and decideed fuck this and started gymming 2 months ago and im doing 3x8 with my bodyweight +5lbs (190)

that its gonna take alot longer than you think.

I weigh 225 and it took me roughly 2 years of dedicated lifting with 5/3/1 to reach 325 for 9 reps,

I did the bodyweight bench thing a while ago and got 42 reps with 245 (hard to find 1 lb plates)

my advice is don't start lifting with the goal of doing something as trivial as benching your bodyweight, start lifting to get truly strong, and you'll reach those retarded ass aching goals as well.

Well i only weigh 170 so i could probably do it 5x10, also been lifting for 3 years

Our gym had a body weight benching competition and i did mine for 25 reps

With that said, ive maxed at 225 and still cant get passed 4x6-8 with 195 after like 2 years of being at that level

bw 80
bench last bench workout was 3x112.5, 5x105, 8x95.
benching once a week for 3-4 working sets either top down pyramid like the one above or sets of 5. Started benching may 2016. I do dips the same way in a separate day - last was 3x bw+50kg, 5xbw+40kg, 8xbw+35 kg

BW: 83 kg
Binch: 105kg 5x5 135 kg 1RM
Method: SS 6 months followed by 12 months of Texas method. Cut initially from 88 kgs to 74 kgs then bulked very slowly to 83kgs.

bw 85.5kg, bench around 95kg for 5x5. hadn't trained horizontal presses for around a year when testing that apart from 3 sets of cgbp a week and occasional DB bench.

lifting on and off and non consistently or properly for ages, lifting seriously for about 2 years.

i benched twice a week, 3x5 and added weight every week while maintaining. my bench has always been happy to increase. one thing i have learned, however, is that you can help your bench with good accessories. cgbp's helped me a lot with my problem of internally rotating my shoulders when i got tired as well as strengthening the triceps, OHP improved my front delt strength tremendously, weighted pull ups helped get a good strong scapular retraction and squats helped my get a good glute/leg squeeze which provided great stability.