How the fuck do you meditate

how the fuck do you meditate

i've often heard meditation is the silver bullet for mental health, but i can't into it

HELP!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eO42HuA8L-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you have a particular kind you want to do? Saying you want to meditate is kinda like saying "I want to do cardio." There's a lot of variety out there.

Also, like cardio, it's completely miserable and boring at first, but with consistency, improvements are rapid and apparent. Lived in a monastery for a bit with 3x/day meditation sessions and the change after a month was unreal.

You can't do it? Elaborate.

You just pick something and focus on it (the breath is the most common thing to focus on). WHEN your mind wanders, and it will wander, catch yourself, acknowledge whatever it is your mind was distracted by, and return to the focus point.

It's an active practice. And can feel frustrating at times. That's when you know it's working.

It also isn't a silver bullet to mental issues. meditation is more like building a shelter, and mental issues are storms.

When first starting to meditate you should focus on just being aware of your body and sensations
youtu.be/eO42HuA8L-s

One way could be
>sit on floor legs folded
>start with breathing exercises so in for 6, hold for 6 out for 6, work on that till you can do that comfortably
>when you have a thought dont focus on it, let it pass
>when something makes a noise, dont focus on it, dont label that sound, you know its car so you immediately have a mental label etc, just understand its there or passing
>if you lose your breathing rythem, go back to that
>just repeat for like 15-30 minutes

Id start with 15 minutes first and work up to longer times.
This is just one technique i have learnt, not sure about others

All it is , is being in the zone and completely disregarding the outside world. I put earplugs in the Sauna and I focus on my breathing, all I focus on is in and out, in and out, sooner or later it's literally all I'm thinking about. Sometimes I'll go "fuck it's hot" but then get back into my breathing, sooner or later I'm dying from heat and I open my eyes and I completely forgot I was in the sauna even at the gym, it freaked me out but I felt so refreshed. If you immerse yourself in video games or even lifting and all you're thinking is your lift and you're disregarding the outside world, you're meditating.

Download Headspace for your phone. You get the first 10 sessions for free and you can listen to them again indefinitely.

fuck you
fuck you bitch
absolutely fuck you
fuck you too
lmao, suck my dick man

wow this is fucking awesome, thanks bro

>>>/cringecore/

Why are you so rude? Now I kind of regret helping you.
t.

sorry, my mom was on my ass about skipping school so i'm frustrated today

This.

shut the fuck up faggot

Enjoy this productive thread you've created kiddo. I'm sure you'll get some solid advice out of it.

got headspace nigger, that's all i need

Underage b&? Are we still doing that?

Lots of ways. There is a lot of argument.
What do you want out of meditation exactly? Just general mental health? Then take time to read something and to think about what you read and how it made you feel. That'll help you with your general mental health.

underage

Gotta get in that state before really heavy lifts. Lets you focus on just you and tone out everything around you.

>wants help in meditation
>proceeds to fuck everyone off for giving advice

yeah buddy you fucking need it

Just do breathing exercises to train your diaphragm and one day you'll open your eyes and feel calm and realize you've done it. Your endurance and cardio will improve too.

Meditation is the state of thinking nothing.

Most of the thoughts you have aren't really "you," they are your unconscious mind attempting to influence your conscious decision making. Meditation is consciously, gently, clearing your head, letting thoughts arise and pass in their own time, until they stop and you are simply existing in a present state.