Life is meant to be enjoyed anons. Why are you torturing yourself by eating tasteless...

Life is meant to be enjoyed anons. Why are you torturing yourself by eating tasteless, bland food and lifting needlessly heavy weights that might injure you at some point? Hell, some of you have even stopped drinking, partying. What's wrong with you?

There's not a better feeling in the world than enjoying a nice glass of wine with some well prepared meal. Or binging on some burgers drunk after you leave the club at 4 am.

You are literally torturing yourselves, forcing yourselves to live a life that you don't want. Nobody in the world cares how much you lift or how defined your calves are. We have limited time on this earth and you are wasting yours away by needlessly torturing yourself. Hell, there are some of you who don't even fucking eat and just drink water for days.

Are you all insane, what's wrong with you? Remember anons, life is meant to be enjoyed not to live like a robot.

Other urls found in this thread:

corrieredellosport.it/video/calcio/2015/09/29-4476359/pirlo_e_villa_scatenati_che_serata_a_new_york_/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We all have our vices

Because i enjoy it

I would recommend this life to myself once I get old, I will still live the life I can today.

I lift and still do all that stuff.

Of course, I look like shit.

Golden mean my friend.
You can be fit and healthy and sill have room for a nice meal and night for binging on beer with friends.

Healthy lifestyle > lifting and periodically gorging and starving yourself on bland tasting food

Pirlo looks pretty good for 37 senpai.

Still trains 5 days a week minimum. All cardio and bodyweight tho.

I enjoy this though

I'm not saying don't train or anything. I just don't get the autistic obsession.

Anyone who says he enjoys eating chicken and broccoli almost everyday is lying to themselves.

>hedonism
time to grow up babby

>Anyone who says he enjoys eating chicken and broccoli almost everyday is lying to themselves.

I honestly love broccoli and there are a million ways to prepare chicken in a healthy way.

Maybe your taste has been ruined by too many sugary, salty meals.

so your entire philosophy is just hedonism...

Breaded chicken thighs with skin and bone are literally the best tasting food I've had. Perfectly Steamed broccoli with a low fat ranch dressing is fucking delicious, along with a good rice. You feel so good after you eat it, and it's sooooooooo tasty, don't knock it till you try out OP. It's so much better than your pizza and McDonald's. Cheaper and easy as hell to make too.

>Clubbing is life bro!
>I only had to spend 20 to get in and another 100 on drinks inside to get a 4/10 coal burner to fuck me after we left!
>I mean I got herpes from her but pussy is pussy!

>You are literally torturing yourselves, forcing yourselves to live a life that you don't want.

we force ourselves to live a life we don't want now, so we can eventually live the best possible life in the future.

that future is locked away right now, inaccessible to most of us, so we bite the bullet and work towards unlocking it. if you don't do that, you will never achieve the future you really want.

Haha I agree, never improve!

Temporary pleasure usually doesn't lead to lasting satisfaction. Every time I end up eating a shitload of unhealthy food or clubbing I just think of how much of my money I just wasted, or how shitty I feel knowing I didn't improve myself that day. I get a much longer lasting enjoyment from improving myself. And there's nothing more satisfying than going to bed knowing that you did the best you could on a given day.

I enjoy lifting, running also. It also makes me feel better after I do it. Five hours a week is not some ascetic life commitment.

Inshallah brother

>Hedonism
>solipsism

I suggest a noose to the neck.

Life is way more enjoyable when you're great shape

Well, unlike most things in life, fitness is hard work that leads to tangible benefits, including living longer, feeling better and being more attractive. 'Tasteless, bland food' also helps to appreciate good cuisine when you can afford to eat it as part of your regime. Eating something that fries your tastebuds constantly is nice, but it's all the sweeter when you've earned it after a month of sticking to a strict diet, since you reward yourself for self-discipline. It also doesn't have to taste bad - you can make mild flavours taste great with the right mix of spices without affecting your macros that much, and cutting out sauces makes you appreciate other parts of food all the more, like texture and natural flavours.

Drinking, at least for me, contributes to depression and legitimiately can make me feel terrible for days on end. Even if that wasn't the case, the sensation of being drunk, being slow to react and being irritant is an unpleasant one that makes you lose your dignity, something which can otherwise help push you through obstacles in life - it's a virtue to be preserved, that sadly isn't by many people despite how idolised it is.

Clubs are also sad. Even if you fuck hot bitches, there's little to no emotional connection, the music is almost always terrible and you're in a room full of people with brooms stuck so far up their asses that they can only feel free when intoxicated and when forced into social situations, paying for this privilege regularly.

Lifting has helped me to learn to meditate, to help me to deal with horrible life events and to make me want to press on because not all work is in vain. I don't envy millionaires or rich kids who blow all their money chasing instant gratification.

On a more philosophical level, hedonism itself is meaningless, therefore what makes your life more appealing than my own if I'm happy in what I do?

tl;dr lifting is great. More people should do it.

Ur gunna make it Brah

I agree wuth everything u said

Based Pirlo, he can be seen here with bitches having fun in NY

corrieredellosport.it/video/calcio/2015/09/29-4476359/pirlo_e_villa_scatenati_che_serata_a_new_york_/

I enjoy it.

>Anyone who says he enjoys eating chicken and broccoli almost everyday is lying to themselves.

>chicken and broccoli is the only available Veeky Forums food

>I'm fat and insecure and you can be too!

>Life is meant to be enjoyed anons. Why are you torturing yourself by eating tasteless, bland food

Learning to cook helps with this immensely.
>omelette with tomatoes, parsley, spring onions and a little strong cheese
>Thai green curry with chicken and fried vegetables
>Smoked brisket/pork with black beans and fried kale & garlic

All delicious, extremely healthy, and good for cutting. For bulking just take the above and add rice.

>and lifting needlessly heavy weights that might injure you at some point?

Stepping outside might injure you. Good form and adequate rest prevent almost all weightlifting related injuries.

>Hell, some of you have even stopped drinking, partying. What's wrong with you?

Meh I never drank much before I started lifting anyway, I can see this might be a problem for people who really like beer. Red wine is still pretty Veeky Forums.

the tragedy of threads like these, user, is that the general slob posting here in an attempt to delude themselves that its ok to be so foolish, has obviously never experienced what it is to have a taste palette that isn't skewed or altogether warped by refined sugars. it's unfortunate tha some people will never know how tasty and complex an experience can be with something as simple and delicious as broccoli. oh well, more REAL enjoyment, and longer, healthier, happier lives for us :)

SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN!

unfortunately you're getting it wrong too; and you're exactly undergoing the same delusion as OP, just in the opposite direction. nourish yourself, don't deprive yourself. don't live like an ascetic so you can have a moment of pleasure, change your way of life so that you always are healthy and enjoying everything in food and health. its absolutely possible, you just have to get out of the 'diet/regimen' chains as much as OP has to get out of the 'overdoing it=enjoyment' chains. just live a whole life of balance and you'll be healthy, your palette will be tuned to something more natural, and you'll have much more time and life to gain discipline in REAL ways rather than by seeing how high or often you can lift something. there's a lot more real-life scenarios for fitness. seems as silly to take yourself out of reality to prepare for it, as it does to put yourself in a false reality to enjoy it. but oh well, everybody can only control themself. i'm gonna go walk in sunlight and enjoy my balanced life. too bad more people don't know what that's like. but they'd have to stop trying to be someone else and just be themself, and not neglect or overcompensate themself. just try to be more balanced

This is an excellently crafted post, I quite like the subtle comparison of drunk binging burgers and wine with a well prepared meal. An fantastic deconstruction of what normals say compared to what they do.

CONSTANT SELF-IMPROVEMENT FAGGOT, WHAT ARE YOU TOO PUSSY TO GIVE UP SOME SHITTY LITTLE THING YOU LIKE FOR GREATNESS?

>having a hobby
>toturing yourself

ok then

>muh vice
>"e-enjoyment can only be found in shitty food and alcohol! :^)"
Hate this board

improve yourself u mundane fuck

Because I want to be proud of myself.

people who talks like this usually reflect on others their justifications for why they can't stick to a diet or training plan

it's the same thing as a fatty saying he's fat just because he loves food

it's the same thing as a drug addict saying he has control over his use and doesn't like the feeling of being sober

just because you're a lazy piece of shit you don't have to post-rationalize this behavior as you "enjoying" life (whatevr that means) and reflect said rationalizations on others

how fun is that party that's exactly the same as the last weekends?
how good does that burger really taste when you eat it multiple times a week?

at least be fucking honest about it

Lifting is fun!

wtf are you me?