QTDDTOT - The thread

No noob thread? Guess I'll start one

I'm benching and I'm hitting 3/5 of my reps with good form at 1 pl8, should I just keep doing my 3/5 bench and keep trying to get 5/5 next time I bench? Or should I lower it down to 130 to hit that sweet 5/5 reps. Which will help me develop more strength?

Other urls found in this thread:

fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Drop the weight

Hey fit, physics time! My gym has the pic related cable machine. How much of the indicated weight am I actually lifting?

What do you fellas eat your tuna with? Are normal crackers safe?

what's a good high calorie meal i can start making?

Usually, a fork.

High cals? Pretty much normal food. Good, it depends. Do you need high protein, high carbs, certain specific fats?
You could do a bunch of chili. If you add bellpeppers, it has proteins, carbs, good fats and vitamins from the veggies.

Sweet, thanks.

Is there any reason to not eat like 400g of protein in a day?

Is 1500 calories a day too little? I want to lose weight 1-2 pounds a week to avoid loose skin and I currently weigh 240 at 6'1. I also work out every other day.

The smell of your farts. Also, the total kidney failure it would most likely cause. And you'd either be on a big big surplus, or lacking carbs and fats.

Don't go under 1500. It's still quite extreme, try not going under your BMR (should be at about 1600~1700) as a rule of thumb. And eat enough proteins.

fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

3,500 cals per pound

-500/day = 1 lbs per week, -1000/day= 2 lbs per week, etc.

You should be able to eat more than 1,500 and lose 2 lbs per week.

when should I add weight to my chins?

I can now today, @BW
>1x10, 1X6, 1x5
in that order

It seems like my kidneys are working OK so far. What should I drop? I guess I can cut the chicken in half and add a carb to dinner? Rice or sweet potatoes or something?

Wait till you can do at least 3 sets of 12.

You're overeating 1000cals on your goal, is that on purpose? If not, drop everything above your goal. 260g proteins is still a lot (I mean assuming you have a somehow normal physique, but I assume that if you were Arnold you wouldn't need advice from fit).
On the other hand, if you can handle this diet, keep at it. You'll prolly gain some fat, but your muscle synthesis will most likely be optimal.

The goals are all fucky on that site and I'm too lazy to change them, so it's on purpose. My TDEE is about 3350, and I'm aiming for about 0.5 lbs/week, since I understand that's about as much lean mass as you can reliably add.

This seems like a bit TDEE, but as I said, if you're fine with it, go for it! If you realise you're putting more than you should, drop the cals!

I'm 6'0 195 and exercise 13 out of 14 days. 4 days a week lifting, 2.5 some form of cardio.

So should I swap some protein for carbs or fats or something?

Oh so indeed it's prolly right. If you feel "foggy", add carbs. I'd say if you eat the right fats it should be enough.

help

i'm going through a horrible breakup and feel no appetite at all, the sole sight of food disgusts me

haven't lifted in a week either, i'm losing all my gains

Get some willpower. Don't be a little bitch.

I have a 7 day pass to a gym (PureGym in the Birmingham, UK area for any Brti/fit/s)

How best do I make use of the 7 days?

Are deadlifts and shrugs enough to build a thicc neck?

Thanks user that was very easy, i just got some from ebay

Open mouth. Insert food. Swallow food.
Stop bitching around. Know what you what and act in consequence.
>tfw expecting psychological support from a snail racing Indonesian image board.

Depends on your goals. X day split, and cardio on off days.

Tried switching from conventional to sumo
I had to deload by 25 lbs and I have glute DOMS for once, is this normal

Best bench for a shoebox apartment? Ideally something that packs away well.

>X Day split
Sorry?

I run already, so I guess it's babies first weight lifting. Generally just work my upper body

Is this still effective without the DMAA? Thinking about buying it

I have been fat for all of my young adult life. Never was able to be fashionable with clothes.

At what weight can I wear good looking clothes if I am 6 feet tall? I am 284 pounds and I used to be 307 a few months ago

I've read the sticky and it only seems to recommend strength programs, but strength is not my concern. I want to go for aesthetics. Can sommeone recommend me a good beginner program for aesthetics?

100lbs

>Wait till you can do at least 3 sets of 12.
thanks lad

Shits gay. Buy this

What is the purpose of such a thing as this?

It won't kill you should you bitch out.

guess what you gotta do to look like you lift
guess what you gotta do to look athletic

depends on the transmission efficiency and leverages

Unfortunatly I know for a fact that it's less. I tried to put more than my weight, and do a pull up. I can't, right when I stop touching the floor, the weight is lifted...

The separation between strength and aestetics isn't that big. If you're a newb, do SS or SL to get a hold on the various lifts. When you'll have a decent strength, you'll be able to bench for aesthetics. But right now, benching less than the bar would be pretty pointless...

That actually makes sense. Being able to bench to failure without risk of crushing your neck sounds like fun.

Ok, it's 50kg.
I don't see a force amplification.

Let's admit that there is no resistance from the pulleys. I just need to find the equivalent weight I should use when doing the same exercise on either this cable machine, or the more simple cable triceps push down.

What is brapposting

So it just cuts the weight in half! Thanks a bunch, great help to track progress!

Shit, now i see it, there should be a reduction, you get roughly twice the pull length by halving the wight.
Should be actually around 50 lbs.

Are rowing machines (magnetic) worth the money?

Hey lads,
I need some tips on TM while cutting. I started my cut today, I peaked this week and I'm planning to start my cut on a 10% deload on all lifts.

First of all: Is this a good approach?
Secondly: If not, should I start a different program? (Rip doesn't recommend TM on a caloric deficit but I wanna hear other opinions)

My stats:
SQ 167.5 kg 1x3
BP 95 kg 4x4
DL 175 1x5
BW 85 kg

I understand that my lifts may be too low to allow for a cut, but regardless I need to lose some weight.

BRRRRRAAAAAAAPPP

What is this sips meme?

Does working out or cutting calories increase your sexual stamina? Not in terms of cardio but like lasting longer. Since i've started working out and dieting I last way longer without cumming. Is it the diet or the lifting? I'm on a 1000 kC deficit.

My GF has muscular legs but a flat ass. She just recently started lifting but I'm afraid that if she will do a lot of squats that she will enter T-Rex mode. So is there a way for her to get a thic round ass without training the legs as much?

Working out increases libido, cutting lowers it.

i just really enjoy felxing my muscles and looking in the mirror as I fuck, gets me off easier

The sticky says that "abdominal exercises rarely make a difference in how you look" However I see people being recommended to work their abs in some cbt threads. Is 'abs are made in the kitchen not the gym' just a meme?

they are made in the gym and shown in the kitchen

do those knee raises user

Is getting test supplements expensive?

I was injured in a car accident over two years ago, and I haven't been able to lift until recently. Depression caught up with me, along with being over 25, I feel like my sex drive and overall tenacity have taken a nosedive.

Im having 2 problems
1: bending forward too much during high bar squat
2:cant breathe into belly (its easy when sitting)

how can i fix these?

you probably don't have a test problem, just a depression problem
fix the depression first

a lot of hip thrusts and teach her to use her ass more instead of her hamstrings for hip extension

no kcals, but caffeine and pretty tasty so yeah

this is basically to really test your stabilising in the movement, it will bake your bench a lot more stable when used correctly

Omar has a recent vid I think about the highbarsquat thing, the other is just a lot of practicing with low weight

What is Veeky Forums's recommended ULxUL routine?

Is it normal to stall on bench when your 1rm is ~1.2x your bodyweight?

I'm currently 200lbs and my 1rm is 240. I keep stalling on my working sets (around 215x5) and it's really discouraging. Is this normal? I always get depressed as fuck after I stall, which is happening a lot recently.

A friend and I started a new arm/chest/back regimen at the gym last night. We did a few things last week that resulted in DOMS. We were hurting, but the pain went away quickly. Since we're in the waiting period for pain, my friend wants to go lift again before the soreness strikes. I find this to be a bad idea, but he doesn't. Is it ill-advised to workout in the wake of yesterday's workout?

How to get this body?

Im going for all you can eat sushi tomorrow. What do I get that I can consume a fuck ton of and not be a fatass?

Horse shit. They are probably more than enough when you squat heavy. Heavy being 3 plates or more. It is not enough for abs with our little dyel weights sorry. I have recently started hitting them slightly harder and have had noticeable size increase. I have began doing core work after the first and last session of ss

Spicy tuna roll. Literally spicy raw tuna and little bit of rice. If it is a good sushi place the tuna will make you cum it's so tasty. One or two drops of soy sauce and tiny bit of wasabi and hello mouth.

It's a 2:1 pulley system, so 50lbs. A good way to check is to see how far the weight stack moves in relation to the cable you're pulling. With that setup you should see the weight stack move half as far as the cable.

>Is 'abs are made in the kitchen not the gym' just a meme?
Yes and no. If you want abs, you have to get your bf% low enough for them to show, but ab exercises will help. That being said, it's a good idea to do some ab exercises anyway since having good core strength can really help with things like OHP and squats.

this is so dumb but pls help anyway

i want to improve my squat, and i need better shoes.
Currently im training with 2 year old nike runners or something and they provide no support at all.
I've tried training with converse but honestly it doesn't provide much support either, i don't feel good squatting in them so must be a meme.

I'm very weak, I don't squat much, so I don't want to get some really obvious oly shoes or something. Because i don't want to stand out at the gym, or for people to think im some loser who thinks I need shoes like that for really light weight squats... :(

I saw this guy wearing like reebok, red and black, mesh kind of shoes.. They looked good and he was squatting 3 plate. But I couldn't find them online, because I think they must have been an old model that they don't sell anymore.

So anyway, suggestions on shoes good for squatting, but that don't look too ridiculous with straps and crazy shit everywhere, but ones that still provide a lot more support than just converse....

> TLDR; good squatting shoes that don't look too crazy

Also ps im a girl if that makes a difference

There is no reason to deload just because you're cutting

Don't reduce weight unless you can't do it or your form is bad

>ps im a girl
Go ask this on reddit

Shoes dont fucking matter at all, do it barefoot if your current ones hinder you somehow

Pls help my dudes

Nike metcons work(but not the best shoes), dont get flyknit, because those are soft. That said, oly shoes are still better for squatting, but whatever you want.

Just started lifting again after a few years. Decided to start over with SS and work up. My second day I did overhead press, dips, and power clean. It was definitely not a heavy weight, but it's been a while since my body exerted that stress.

The next day, my upper back has this strange pain around the spine whenever I move my head around. Should I be worried, or have I forgotten what doms feel like there?

Started cut yesterday and decided to try going up 5lb in squat(255). I got 3 reps and the rest of my squats were pitiful, 250x3 then 230x4. Am i just a pussy or should i just deload? Trying for 3x5

Im on an extreme 1200 per day cut, but tomorrow i have a special even in which i will eat 1 chesseburger with fries and 2 pints of beer.

My estimates say it would be about my daily expenditure all in one meal. Would it be ok for me to not eat anyhitng during the day and then eat just that?
its just for one day

You will be fine as long as you're thinking long term.

calories must die, THEY MUST BE ELIMINATED

You should fast from now until you take your first bite. Drink a lot of water so you don't retain a fuckload of it when the alcohol tries to hold onto it.

what is the maximum a cut can stall before deciding its time to strict up the calories.

is a 3 week stall acceptable?

like, is it possible that even tough im doing my cut right the fat is being turned into water as is described in this article:
100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/
and im gonna lose it all at once?

You guys got any tips to get rid of backne? I used to not have any but they started coming in and now I have those darkened spots as a result of it. Worst part is a few started coming in my chest.

How do I stop this Veeky Forums will I need to get laser treatment?

DYEL here
If all squat racks are full, should I ask to work in even if they're squatting a shit ton more than me?
I feel like it would just be inconvenient.

nigga thats bullshit, if you didnt lose weight in a week you aint lost fat. period

im currently doing an hypertrophy routine, meaning everything is 10 reps, is it ok to increase the weight in this one or should i go to a strenght routine to increase weight and then go back to hypertrophy once i stay on a given weigth

I have a bench like pic related. do i do squats facing the bench or away from it?

do beer and cigarettes kill gains?

beer makes you fat and hurst your liver
cigarrete clogs your veins with shit and takes away your boner and takes away from your cardio capacity.

but they dont directly kill your gainz if the above doesnt interfere with your training

Can't do squats with that. You dun goofed.

I sometimes see protein blends of WPI, WPC and casein. Are these worthwhile?

I know whey is faster digesting than casein, so I'm wondering what the difference is between blending them together vs using them separately.

The inclusion of WPI slightly increases the protein content over WPC without a significant impact on price (in fact sometimes they're cheaper than plain WPC), but the cynic in me wonders if this isn't just an easy means of getting rid of floor scrapings by throwing them together and slapping a fancy label on it.

Question:

Took a year break, came back and my squat is the one lift that suffered the least. My torso suffered a lot more atrophy, why is this? I never had particularly strong legs ever and I didn't do anything but walk in my year hiatus.

facing like any rack you retard,
How do you figure?

Yeah I think so. You probably weren't activating them with conventional. I know this is a qtddtot but damn.

Can't squat in that. You need to be able to get right between the stands to squat, so you can get the bar mid-foot before taking the load. The bench and those support bars at the bottom are right in the way, and the stands are way too close together.

Any folding FID bench should suit. Just try and get one with wheels so you can pack it away easy. I've got one without, and that would have been a bit of a regret if I'd really planned on tucking it under the bed. Trying to slide something along the floor when it's specifically designed not to slip during use is a fool's errand.

Trade off is that they generally can't take as much weight as a static flat bench, so keep an eye on those specs.

Because you magically can't unrack a weight with your feet six inches back. I used to have a bench like that and I squatted using it regularly. I definitely suggest making some safeties if you don't have any though. I used 2x4s and plywood, will run you $20-30.

Sashimi, all dat broton fuck yeah.
Avoid anything with fat fuck amerikunt sauces.

Might just be a crick in the neck? But I don't want to dismiss anything to do with neck pain without knowing what exactly you're feeling.

>Because you magically can't unrack a weight with your feet six inches back.
You can, but you fucking shouldn't.

you're lifting the amount of weight indicated on the piece of iron, it is corrected for the pulley system to tell users the effective weight