Front squat

> forget oly shoes
> front squat with running shoes
> bar falling forward when my ass is reaching the floor
> can't do the same weight i did before
> not sure if my form is bad, if low ankle flexibility or if i cant lift my elbows enough

have oly shoes made me complacent?

i grab the bar like pic related

Don't squat in running shoes. They have cushioning and aren't flat or solid. They'll cause your weight to shift forward because they're optimized to continue forward momentum. If you have no Oly shoes, get something flat and solid like a pair of Vans instead. You also do have shitty ankle mobility. When you're warming up, work on your ankle mobility. I'll usually load up 135 on the bar and squat and just stay at the bottom get a stretch going.

I tried front squatting for my first time today and it felt like my wrists were going to snap lifting only 65lbs. Can I get away with only back squats or will it make me look like a disproportionate freak?

>They'll cause your weight to shift forward because they're optimized to continue forward momentum

oooohhh fuck this makes sense, no wonder it felt so difficult on the damn front squat.
I'll take my flat-sole shoes next time even tho it'll look silly af.

> should i be able to squat as much with flat shoes as i do with the comfy oly ones?

>brb let me just break my wrists for this squat

Unfortunately not. It takes a degree more of muscle motor control to keep your body parts moving in conjunction to avoid being off balance, and it'll take some getting used to. Flat shoes won't improve ankle mobility and and won't do a whole lot for you aside from just keeping your weight balanced and stable. But it'll probably easier to control and balance than running shoes which should make it somewhat easier than what you were working with before.

That's the normal range of motion every healthy person should be able to achieve with their wrists. Don't be proud of being horribly inflexible.

ok i guess i'll just have to settle for squatting less when i forget my oly shoes? ;_;

OP just kick off your shoes altogether or wear Converse or something. Running shoes have loads of sponge in the sole to absorb pressure but that's not what you want if you're lifting.

T. A runner

>lowbar no buttwink
>highbar no buttwink
>front squat I buttwink

reee explain

Nice way of telling everyone you don't lift.

running shoes have at least as much lift as oly shoes, but they're squishy, which makes you unstable.

yes, using props and mechanical aids to lift has made you a cuck. unless you are actively training for a meet, lift in bare feet or flat sneakers

Use the oly shoes for front squat, you have literally no reason not to, it's the most demanding on ankle flexibility. You have to have amazing flexibility to be able to go thighs to calves in flats.

See above, it's the most demanding on flexibility.

Your ankles or tspine/upper back are too tight. Probably both.

ankles not tight cuz stretching them a lot, actually flexible it goes for tspine/upper back I also got lower back pain beacuse of this

what stretches for it wise man

>You have to have amazing flexibility to be able to go thighs to calves

literally this is a lie. this is the MOST basic mobility conceivable, we are literally evolved to sit this way all damn day long

It's in a completely other ballpark while maintaining the weight racked on your shoulders.

no it's fucking not, you mong.

Maybe but it would take you awhile to adjust your form. You're basically trying to learn a new movement pattern. Obviously ankle flexibility will play a big role as well. But who cares just wear the damn shoes thats what they're meant for. This is like complaining you start slipping in the mud without cleats.

Yes it is. I can easily do it with no weight or the bar but it isn't happening with good form without oly shoes even close to an RM. DYEL?

> sitting down with no weight
> sitting down with 200 lbs on your shoulders in front of your fucking head

spot the difference

i travel between home and uni, not the first time i forget them, i mean i always try to bring everything i need but i dont wanna skip 2 squat workouts just cuz i forgot my stupid shoes

>having bitch wrists
nice try faggot

>using wrists in a squat
U wot m8