High proton dishes

Share high protein recipes.

What do you do to make chicken breast taste good? I made some the other day and it was really dry and chewy
Also I'm a student so appreciate recipes which don't take a lot of time to make

Crockpot. Add chicken. Add jar of salsa. Cook all day. Pull apart, serve over quinoa. Or in burrito.
Or
Sauce pan, stab chicken a bunch with knife to allow flavoring inside. Lightly Brown chicken in butter/oil. When both sides are brown sop up extra oil/butter with a paper towel and cover chicken in one of the following
>teriyaki sauce
>worchestershire sauce
>sun-dried tomato marinade
>any other sauce or seasoning you enjoy
Cover pan, cook for 15 minutes in medium to high, flip and reseason as necessary to avoid burning and uneven coating. Total Cook time: 20ish minutes.

Salt and Hot sauce.

And willpower to not be a pussy and just eat the fucking food, princess

kys yourself

Not knowing how to cook doesn't make you a man, it makes you an idiot. Eating is something you have to do several times a day every single day of your life. And it's not even hard at all. Put in 2 or 3 extra minutes effort and actually enjoy what you make.

Neato
But the chicken breast is thick so do you cut through it laterally so that it Cooks evenly? Or just take it out and put it in the pan?
Also what do you season it with?
Thanks tho

>i never learned to prepare tasty food so therefore fox and the grapes

KYS yourself lad

If its dry and chewy then you cooked it too long and on too high heat.

Get yourself a meat thermometer until you're comfortable with cook times.

My favourite thing to flavour chicken with is lemon and oregano.
>Cut chicken into strips
>Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and, oregano
>Throw in a ziplock and add juice of half a lemon per breast (adjust to how tangy you like it)
>Marinate for half an hour
>Pan fry

For crockpot it matters less since it'll be cooking for like 10 hours, for pan cooked yeah, cutting it in half should do the trick if it's really thicc.
As for seasoning, what I listed is good for sauces. The teriyaki is always good, you can pair it with canned pineapple for something really special.
Worchestershire is really strong, if you steam chicken with it your apartment will smell quite zesty.
Lemon and rosemary is good.
Fallen in love with sun dried tomatoes lately.
I've been experimenting with cumin, but I'm not sure how to recommend it's use yet.
For something really different you can rub a little brown sugar on the chicken for a sweet savory contrast. But it's hard to keep from burning to the pan if not done correctly.
Trader Joe's "everyday seasoning" is a really good mix. Good on roasted veggies too.
It's really worth getting salt and pepper grinders. The difference between fresh and stale pepper is fucking huge.

Just play around with it. Watch the occasional cooking video and pull seasoning ideas from YouTube. Learn what flavor combos activate your almonds.

OP. I have a recipe I saved. It's so fucking good.

Just give your chickun one a these

>someone actually used my shitty drawing
thank you

BAHAHAAHA actual pleb
>2 ingredients
>seasoning
>add lemon
>"recipe"

I just made veggies and chicken spicy sauté laid on a bed of brown rice.

Delicious and fucking nutritious too.

ok so no meat sorry please hear me out... too fucking good, cheap, dank poos

>full can washed black beans
>1-2 (depending on size) cubed mexican mangos
>1/4 red onion
>1 cubed avocado
>TBS brown sugar
>TBS soy sauce (sounds weird but crucial)
>half bunch cilantro

toss and nom with tortillas or naan bread GODDAMMMNN

Sounds weird but I can get into it.

I learned the recipe from the back of a can of mexican imported black beans, and my vegetarian (i'm not) mother always makes its too good. naan ideally fried with garlic and butter
>inb4 enjoy (insert) your whatever
you're a bitch if garlic naan here or there kills you or your gains

Scoobys egg hash

>1 tbsp olive oil in pan
>frozen veggies - as many as you want
>egg whites - as many as you want

11g protons each egg, low cal good shit

How do egg whites compare to full eggs. I eat so many eggs I worry about cholesterol and so forth

>If its dry and chewy then you cooked it too long and on too high heat.

correct

you should poach a chicken breast and then add it to your other ingredients when you assemble the dish

a poached chicken breast does not look appetizing so the "other ingredients" should make a sauce

the sauce should be what you like-- tomato based, white wine with diced veg, whatever

place the breast on a bed of spinach, ladle some sauce on it, done

man i could rant in this thread all day..

lettuce BRRAAAPS bros!

>dat lean ground beef or pork
>onions+garlic
>mushrooms
>fuck it any veggies you want!
>soy
>sweet whatever i like hoisin
>wrap in lettuce

Takes so little time yet all meat and veggies

i believe the idea is that whites have the protein and the yolks have the cholesterol (and the flavor)

yolks contain the bulk of the calories and the white contain the protein

>Not knowing how to cook doesn't make you a man, it makes you an idiot

i agree

and FWIW a good cook doesn't know recipes, rather he has mastered a set of basic techniques and understands how flavors go together

Brine your chicken. That's just letting it sit in water with salt, sugar and any other spices then rinse and pat it off with a paper towel and throw in a skillet. I like to use a little Italian dressing on it sometimes.

Thanks anons, looks like I'm going full egg white for a while

So here goes guys. You take some skinless chicken breast and you trim all of the excess fat off and put it in a baking pan. Then you preheat your oven to 400 degrees and after it's good and ready you put the chicken in the oven.

Now here's the tricky part. You cook it until it's white, not black and also no longer pink.

This is my daily meal for supper. My sides vary a little bit.
Meat: One boneless chicken breast. Add some salt and pepper, in the oven at 475 degrees for 20 minutes. Comes out quite juicy and tender
Meat #2: Just some lean ground beef with some seasonings.
Side #1: Bean salad. Chickpeas, kidney beans, corn and chopped up green pepper. Little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Side #2: Blanched green beans for 2 minutes then sauteed for 5 minutes with a bit of lemon juice and olive oil
Side #3: White or brown minute rice, 3-4 servings
Side #4: Sweet or white potatoes either baked or sauteed with green peppers.
Anything else someone can recommend that tasted pretty good and is healthy?

Don't overcook it.

Dietary cholesterol has been proven time and time again to not affect blood cholesterol. Eat those eggs

I'm also on a cut so counting calories

I get 37g of protons and 1000kcal before even adding the tortillas or bread. How is that high protein?

>Heat oil in the pan
>Cut up the chicken and add to the pan
>Add the following in this order:

>Garlic
>Salt
>Pepper
>Chilli Powder
>Ginger
>Lemon Juice
>Soy Sauce
>Coriander

>Serve with rice and veggies

OP here thanks for all the advice
I also found this for you anons

:http//theproteinchef.co/baked-garlic-chicken-recipe/

throw some spices or marinade on it, leave it to sit in your fridge for at least 30 mins

When going to cook set Oven to 200° C and put it in on a tinfoiled tray on middle shelf for 23-25 mins

Do you make your own sauces or use readymade? Which is better health wise?
Bump

man I love these things my dude, and the cook in the bag ones too

I use ready made. Usually publix brand. Homemade may need a little healthier but it's a lot of work and ingredients.

Thanks how much teriyaki to add? Cover the whole thing?

>there are people that need "recipes" to combine 2 ingredients and season them

what a disgrace

Cook on lower temp for longer.

>oven
200° for 2.5 hours; this does a whole pan of breasts for the entire week.

>stove top
Low heat (3-4) 10minutes each side.

Works for pork and chicken. For something big like a roast do 1.5 hours per lb of meat.

Enough to coat the chicken, and a little puddle for it to sit in

Stop recommending that shitty teriyaki sauce John, I tried it once and it tastes like shit.
And I swear to God if you put shaving cream in my sneakers one more time I'm going to fucking kill you, you cunt.