Who else has been casually lifting for a long time with minimal gains ?

Who else has been casually lifting for a long time with minimal gains ?

I only look slightly better than average and my lifts are all pretty shitty. I don't follow a strict diet, i often miss gym days.

>im not putting in work
>expecting results

Be more disciplined?
>I only look slightly better than average
>minimal gains
>I don't follow a strict diet, i often miss gym days.
Are you autistic?

what happened to you in high school you worthless piece of garbage? go fuck yourself

"Is anyone else here never going to make it and just accepted that fact?"

/thread

/thread

i'm not expecting anything. Where did you get that idea

What a shit thread

Go back to /r9k/ you sulking faggot
Go fret to r9k about how you can't get women and that your less than optimal performance is giving you shit gains. GTFO

I'm like you op, I see some gains but the cost of a dedicated gym and the daily lifting regimen goes on the chopping block when you leave uni and have to work a 50hr week career job just to stay above water. I'm building up my home gym though

>Veeky Forums reading comprehension

I've been doing what you describe for almost 6 years.
Could I have made better progress? Of course. Do I give a shit? No.
I like to enjoy dirty foods and alcohol every so often.
I did go through a period in my first couple of years of spending all my time thinking about diet and how to maximise strength progress. Its not worth it imo. Overall, having enough discipline to not binge too often, and keep yourself going to the gym at least 3 times a week will keep your body on the right track.

Putting in 70% effort for life is better than a temporary 99% followed by periods of 10%.

expect my dick in your mouth faggot.
soon.

I respect those gains. They sure could be made faster but still. Good work finding what suits you.

>Putting in 70% effort for life is better than a temporary 99% followed by periods of 10%.
You cucked yourself

how about up the effort for life u cuck

>usually get in the gym 2-3 times a week
>sometimes not at all due to uni or building cars
>nearing 1/2/3/4 after a year and a half
>my diet is pretty okay, i have to watch what i eat because of allergies
>usually eat just under or just over my TDE by about 500 cal
>look reasonable for how much effort i put in
>looking forward to putting in actual effort when I'm done with this car and degree

Trust me, you will have the most time while in school

bet i look better than you tho

bet i look better than u tho.
I like to enjoy my life rather than dedicating it entirely to worrying about diet and exercise.
deal with it

I've lifted almost 1/3 the time and look better fambalam. You probably approach life with a 70% mentality so good job.
Also
>bet i look better than u tho.
Nice argument, you still look like garbage.
Don't need to dedicate your life to something to be good at it
You're secretly insecure as fuck and try to hide it

prove it fatty

>those gorilla-mode frame aesthetics @ 170bs

lol yeah my deadlift is way out of proportion to my other lifts because of my build.

You should be fine if you train all muscle groups twice per week and increase weight every time you can do a 3x10
All else you need to do is eat a ton of protein, it's not even that hard.

I'm a powerlifter, not a "fatty".

I bet you voted for Trump.

>mfw I probably get shitfaced and have fun more often than you do because uni student
>mfw after 1.5yrs of lifting and waterpolo (both of which I enjoy doing immensely) I have a more aesthetic body than you're shitty unflexed body after 6yrs of lifting

woah nelly this thread is bait central

prove it fatty.

>I'm a powerlifter
lol

Yeah well I look better than both of you after 2 months of lifting and relentless fucking while eating junk food and taking every drug.

srsly prove your work pls

>it took you 6yrs of lifting to achieve a body that all of my gym-going friends took 3yrs to surpass despite not dedicating their lives to the gym and not following depressing diets

prove it fatty

>thread about putting moderate effort and attention to lifting, in other words, about being relaxed about the whole thing
>everyone gets mad and starts bragging

you're insecure toxic retards

I eat and drink literal shit 24/7 while walking on a treadmill for exercise.

I look better than zyzz.

I'm with this guy and OP. Unless you're a model or athlete there's no sense in being autistic because the moment you stop you go right back to average or worse. Like guys who spend 8+ years in the military ripped as fuck and then turn into fatasses within 6 months of non doing daily PT.

Also, nobody in this thread bitching actually lifts tru to their claims, we all know that.

> Once I finish the most relaxed, casual and low stress environment I will ever be in I'll be able to put in actual effort

Better say goodbye to all your gains now friendo

>the only way to be relaxed about lifting is by doing it casually and making gains at a snail's pace
Believe it or not, not all dedicated lifters are as high pressure as the angry fucks on Veeky Forums. Effort isn't mutually exclusive to being relaxed. It is however mutually exclusive to being a lazy fuck who progressed slowly not just because he wasn't disciplined enough outside the gym but also because he probably didn't push himself when he was actually at the gym.

>all of my friends

>there's no point in being very fit unless you do it for money
>being disciplined and very dedicated=being autistic

>I don't know how to read

glad you agree, here's a (You)

>low stress

wew lad

I tried like shit in high school, made minimal gains. Best I got after 2 years lifting was lol no press/195/265/295 hex bar
Started trying this September, after a year off, up to 130/215/345/385, and I've been really bad about diet and sleep. Could easily be at 1/2/3/4 but I've not fixed those 2 things
Just Fucking try a bit more for fucks sake

You can be disciplined and dedicated without min-maxing your life and avoiding things you enjoy.

Accepting a slightly longer term timeframe of physical results (during a pursuit that should be lifelong anyway) to still enjoy other aspects of life without feeling guilty is not a bad thing (unless as stated, you do it for a living).

First day in the gym and only sticking with minimal exercises e.g hack squat and some leg exercises. It's okay to thing slowly, r-right?

Slow and steady is fine.
Its a lifetime thing

>I didn't expect results
>I just wanted to blog about my shitty results guys, honest

wat

Exactly, OP is autistic lmao

>Slow and steady is fine.
>Its a lifetime thing

This desu. im 41 and been lifing since i was 14. Sure I had times when I was doing many sports including lifting and eating clean as fuck even in my late 30s, but other periods I've taken my foot off the gas and done other things while lifting casually. Intense lifting over many years is a hard thing to sustain for anyone. Putting in 2 or 3, hard at it, years with good results is admireable but really you should be keeping your shitty opinions to yourselves. OP is clearly not dyel, I imagine the same people calling him out are the same people who shit on the beginners doing 5x5 starting programs... like this guy who wants a pat on the ass for lifting 18 months.

>missed the point

I've been skipping sessions after I started cutting, I just feel awful and shit all the time (probably too little carbs/overall calories)

I feel terrible mentally for doing it though, have no idea how you can deal with it.

>He thinks lifting is work

lol

Good advice senpai, its a long term game not a year sprint then flatline.

I'm too busy to do lifting consistently, but it will soon be over and I can get back to my 4x a week routine instead of 1x. I only go once a week because I feel like shit, missing all those sessions.

It makes me sad because I like to lift.

been going to the gym for 2.5 years now. my numbers are still total shit for Veeky Forums standards and I probably could have made the same progress in 4 months or something like that if I would have been autistic about nutrition.

but who gives a fuck? I'm way healthier and better looking than when I started and that's the important thing. It's a long journey and I still enjoy lifting.

What are the numbers?