Thoughts on joining the army? does it worth it?

thoughts on joining the army? does it worth it?
how much training do i need to join sas?

>potential to go to war and die for the causes of someone who literally doesn't care about your life at all.
>potential to come back from war with severe mental and social problems leading to homelessness, suicide or crime

Oh wait you said SAS, so maybe not as bad as american army and stuff.
But still, its not a great idea unless you have no other prospects, because life in the military makes it hard to live out of the military.

Lol. If you have to ask you're not ready. SAS? Bitch please.

shoo shoo military fag go jerk off in the mirror

Some of the best times of my life was when I was in the army. Some of the worst too.
Try it out and see if you'll like it.

>does it worth it?

What did he mean by this?

does hight matter in the army? my height is only 171-172cm

Joining the military is a good option from people who come from a shit background and want to escape their circumstances. Its also useful for people who have dropped out of education and cant find any other jobs.

But if you have a degree from a university, no matter how shit, you would have to be a fucking naive moron to fall for army recruitment propaganda. Its a terrible job which consumes your life, can result in agonizing and permanent maiming, its morally troublesome and the nuts and bolts of it is just pure tedium.

The idea of a glorious escape from a humdrum world might seem appealing, but thats the Army propaganda getting to you.

>how much training do i need to join sas?
You need to incredibly physically fit and you'll need a few years of military experience under your belt. More importantly, however, you'll need to have monstrous mental endurance. Most people just aren't cut out for the SAS no matter how physically fit. It is very unlikely you'll join the SAS but trying is still a respectable effort.

I'm joining up with a university degree.
Why?
Because I was a young idiot and got something in liberal arts.
I can try to teach high school kids or be a poor master's student for 10 years and jockey for an overcrowded position at a university.

So fuck it. Canada has a direct entry program for people with degrees. Straight to officer.
50K a year absolutely minimum. With upwards mobility.
Never have to hold a weapon after basic qualification.

Assuming you're in the UK since you mentioned SAS, I'd definitely recommend it even just for the money as the effective mage is much higher than advertised due to the lack of expenses such as housing, etc. Also i'd reccomend officer if at all possible, you only actually need 2 A-Levels, not even a degree and the wages are effectively doubled and less being treated like shit.
>how much training do i need to join sas?
let me ask you this, does the idea of running through a jungle with only a tin of resources from a hunter squad with the knowledge that once you reach you're goal you'll be tortured for 2 days on end as 'resistance to interrogation' where something as simple as saying yes or no can get you kicked off sound appealing ? Does hill marches in wales that have killed those with Olympian tier resistance sound fun? Honestly SAS is more mental resilience as said, there's a good reason why almost all of them are from broken homes, abused, or just plain fucked in the head.

I'm the same hieght and I never had too much difficulty, being smaller and lighter can actually be a large benefit due to the endurance based nature of a lot of what you're doing, also you won't have to suffer as much from hunger some of the larger lads do. Work on your jumping though, trust me you'll need it and its by far the biggest disadvantage of being small, dunno what it's like elsewhere but in the UK there's somewhat frequent use of hurdles in training, nothing thats gonna fuck over someone your height but it helps to be prepared

>possibly die without having to work up the courage to commit suicide
Thats why im joining

sas is all mental from what i hear, youve got to be a special breed for that and a leader not just some gym rat with good endurance

>straight to officer
I've never understood why some military does this shit.
Have some shitty degree? Jump straight over everyone else and assume control with zero experience

>haha guys im gonna train for sas LOOL XDD

>call of dooty duuuude!!! xddd

one of my bros joined and ended up losing muscle mass

Heres the attention you want

you have to be 18+ to post here

You'll lose mass for sure when joining the army.
Lost 7 kg in a month when I joined and didn't do well because of how heavy I was compared to the dyel runner faggots

i am not in UK actually i asked about SAS because it's world's most elite special force
i have ran more than 300km+ in this month alone
i was mentally and physically abused in highschool like Eric and Harris i mean seriosly my classmates were always treating me like shit,they were beating me everyday for no reason
i have lived as obese in my whole life then i decided to lose weight 2 years before went from 100 kg to 65 in just 4 months
i learned what should i eat,how much exercise do i need to not become fat again
i am in a college and i study computer engineering(sophomore this year)
i exercise 8 hours and do cardio for 16 hours in a week
what i was asking exactly is how much body fat would be more suitable for joining the special forces?
i searched for US Navy Seals requirements on the internet and i met minimum requirements now but i don't think that would be enough to complete the test

so what are you doing here?

sorry for the long post and grammar mistakes,i haven't used my english for very long time

As long as you can run you'll do just fine. Having a good cardio makes it a fucking breeze

Kill or get killed so rich people can stay rich

dont disclose info thats not on ur medical record.... it willl knock your application back

>le being the governments dirty lapdogs meme
Most I know who joined the army just wanted to shoot stuff tbqh

>join Navy in 2008 right out of high school
>on carrier, where the bathrooms constantly clog, lines usually present as hundreds of sailors have to shit
>spend hours painting walls or cleaning the same spot for 4-5 hours
>get to spend a few cool moments in different ports, so kinda worth
>GI bill in 2013
>commissioned this year
>ensign
>I finally get the chance to shit in a toilet that isn't warm from the body heat of others (from frequent use) on deployment
>finally get priority laundry
>work day ends 8-9 hours after morning muster
>one day I'll have private quarters
The little things in life brehs

woah nelly

>i have ran more than 300km+ in this month alone
try a greater distance over only a couple of days over tough terrain while being hunted with no immediate access to food or water, that's the hill marches and only one small part of SAS training.

You do not do that without prior experience, what part of people dropping fucking dead from exhaustion do you not understand, Olympians have failed selection, your constant repetition of "i" shows a certain narcissistic fucking mindset
> i met minimum requirements
you're meant to far surpass them, is barely passing an exam the same as an A* ?, to give you an example for the just the UK officer training one requirement is 44 pushups in 2 minutes, many in my selection unit got near double if not exceeding that.
>i was mentally and physically abused in highschool like Eric and Harris i mean seriosly my classmates were always treating me like shit,they were beating me everyday for no reason
no you weren't abused
>beating
hospitalised ever ? Parts of Glasgow i grew up in beatings where a common part of growing up and i certainly couldn't pass SAS selection. I think you grossly overestimate your own suffering, that kinda mindset would make SF training hell for you.
Also, little piece of advice for you, if you didn't smack those cunts back, and properly, SF aint for you, even as a kid you can't have been the type to just take something.
>what i was asking exactly is how much body fat would be more suitable for joining the special forces?
It'll sound a bit like a shite argument but it's true, if you can't even figure this out why on earth do you think you'd be capable, a large part of SF is thinking for yourself. It'll depend on you body type a bit, very low since you want to be as light as possible but still retaining a bit of fat since you will most definitely starve, a lot.

I know it sounds like i'm just shitting on you but if you you really want it then go for it, but remember better cunts than you have died trying

Yes, do it. I hear more Men my age (36) " I wish i joined when I was younger". Don't pick a faggot MOS, be straight combat tip of the spear type of shit. It will suck in combat but the training is badass and will give you an appreciation and hatred for everything and everybody around you. BASED AS FUCK

Why wouldn't they do this? The military gets highly qualified personal for jobs that don't need any military experiance anyways. It's not like these people go straight to officer and then command a company in battle. They sit in some office and do staff work, which they can do better than 'everyone else' because of their degree. Really not hard to understand.

This

>Don't pick a faggot MOS, be straight combat tip of the spear type of shit. It will suck in combat but the training is badass and will give you an appreciation and hatred for everything and everybody around you. BASED AS FUCK
OMG dude you can shoot le big bang bang. So cooool! Based AS FUCK! Like Call of Duty IRL!!!!!

The "thinking about joining SEALs/SF/SAS etc" and "what workouts are good for becoming an operator?" threads are the best things on Veeky Forums

You have dudes who post on Veeky Forums all day and think they can do a little bit of physical training and they can do SOF shit with just a little mental endurance. Fuck no man. These dudes are literally insane.

First of all if you're not even in the military you have no idea what you're getting yourself into with SOF. Join the military with a combat arms job for a couple years and then decide whether or not you want to go that route. These things take time. You can't just go through a few months of training and do what those guys do, it takes years to reach that level. And at that level you also better be ready to dedicate your whole life (20 years) to the military and come out physically and possibly mentally (but definitely physically) broken. I know a guy who was 6'4" when he entered the military and is now 6 feet. This shits no joke.

My advice for you, join the military first, and go infantry, then see if you have what it takes to do play in the big leagues. Those guys are professionals

Pog detected

Don't you have an engine to fix or something

I guess you're right.
I'm just not a big fan of the whole chain of command and taking orders from some straight out of school non intimidating scrub in the military. Ranks should be earned instead of given out like cookies.

Militaryfags are worse than reddit

I'm currently active duty. Shipped to basic training about 2 years ago. Was skelly mode (6'2" at 145 lbs) Somehow passed basic training without getting cycled into FTU. Best decision I've made in my entire life and I honestly don't know why more people don't join up.

Good goy

This faggot pretends to know what SAS is about while assuming SAS is purely a U.K. Unit!
Good job blowing your credibility in the first sentence retard

>tfw got my ankles crushed in an accident during basic training in the army
My dream was always to be a military officer, shit sucks man.

If it's not a conventional war than it's not worth it. All the modern armies are doing is fighting Israels' wars for them.

Man even if you're talking shit that was fun to read.

You don't sound like you know anything about the military. Like some infantry faggot ever has anything to do with these office/staff guys in his actual job. It's not like they sit in Kabul, then some liberal arts student comes along and gives them orders how to take that random house. At most they meet them in an office back at home, getting some papers from them and the only orders they have to take are "sign here, here and here".

>Ranks should be earned instead of given out like cookies.
And they earned them by being qualified (through their degree and job experience) to do their job on officer level.

dude no need to be rude like that
i only started to work out only 2 months ago and i still have a lot time before i join the army i haven't graduated from uni yet
i just wandering how hard is it to join special forces

>implying I'm some pleb bantering how "duuuude I'm in unit XY, I'm so super hardcore lmao"
Don't you have to tell your mommy how you're going to be the best soldier because of your vidya experience?

Think about it man. They're the most elite force in the world, if you have time to ask Veeky Forums about it instead of running barefoot through the woods or lying in ice cold water for two hours straight then you're not really taking the preparation for it seriously

Kill or get killed to shoot stuff

what a cunt

Seriously, POGs everywhere. I respect all support MOSs don't get me wrong. But in the end, they don't make movies about NBC, Supply or mechanics. anything (Army wise, I'm not sure of Marine MOS #s) 11B, 12B,13B etc.. Combat related, do it. You don't need to be SF, SEAL or Ranger to see heavy constant combat. Do 4 years and get out, or make a career, whatever. Just don't sell yourself short and go the support route. You will regret it.

Also, MPs (Military Police) are fucking losers

Yes, it makes you feel alive like nothing else.

>get yourself killed mang, they don't make propaganda movies about the guys that don't get killed!
You people are literally completely retarded.

>Asks 4chins how to train for sas
Don't worry about it, you're too dumb for sas. You can't even do your own homework.

you're underage

I'm thinking about joining after college. Why? Because I could join as an officer and start with a higher rank and pay. Not only do graduate schools like military service, sometimes the military will even pay for your grad school (G.I. Bill). I'm not saying that's always the case, but I also have no prospects after college. Honestly, I grew up in a family with really high expectations and I didn't even want to go to college myself, but they kinda just put me in. I'm not good at anything in STEM so I'm not guaranteed a job after graduation.

Me personally, I want to do something meaningful. Working in an office 9-5 just sounds like mental suicide. I don't know about guys who are enlisting. But at least for me, I want to join as an officer and do something more meaningful. Plus pay, healthcare, dental etc

Do you feel like dying for the Jews in Syria? Then be a good Goy and sign right up!

Glad you came here to ask! Every day, we get threads and give advice to kids wanting to join Delta Force, SAS, SBS, CIA, you name it! I'm sure after asking Veeky Forums on "joining" SOF you'll be very successful, since we're so familiar with the subject.

How to prepare for special ops:
>Get in great military shape
This isn't especially hard. Any average male should be able to reach the kind of shape required within a year of hard training. Some good benchmarks to shoot for, in addition to passing whatever fitness test you need to take are:
-100 pushups
-100 situps in 2 minutes
-20 dead hang pullups
-Run 40 mpw
-Be able to run 4 miles in less than 28 minutes
In addition, every military selection event is either ruck or swim based. Make sure you can hit whatever ruck/swim guidelines you need in addition to your running and calisthenics. Good resources for getting in military shape can be found on r/navyseal's compiled programs page. Choose a plan, stick with it, and hit the numbers above.
>Learn everything you can about your unit
Read/watch everything you possibly can about the unit you want to join. Books, documentaries, movies, articles, and everything that unit officially releases. Selection events are 90% mental. Reading psychology books, sleep deprivation, cold showers, etc will NOT prepare you for the mental aspect. You will be pushed to your breaking point, period. The best thing you can do to prepare for that is to learn everything you can beforehand so you can be 100% sure that you want it more than anything else on Earth. People don't quit because it's too hard to do, they quit because it's harder than what they're willing to do to reach the goal. If you read everything you can about the SAS and can say with 100% honesty you are willing to die in order to join, you're better prepared mentally than the guy who spent his weekends not sleeping and jumping in icy lakes.

One final point: special ops guys aren't suerhuman. They're not super athletes, they're not all psychopaths, they don't all come from broken homes. They come from literally every background and profession imaginable. If you want it badly enough, anyone can become a SEAL, Ranger, SAS guy, etc.

>Fighting for the Zog