/fat/ - Fatty General

previous post Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want
>Lose weight
>Get a more Veeky Forums body by lifting weights
>Autistically change your diet to some ultra vegetable no sweets autism because extremism is always good am i right ;^)
Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another if you are too weak to survive solo. We all know losing weight when you are fat is easy if you just reduce calorie intake, literally piece of cake. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need to lose weight for a number of reason. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice to troll or to reassure their extremist autism works for themselves, don't bother, always remember calorie intake, if it is lesser than how many calories your body burns you ll be fine.
And remember, if you are a loser when fat you ll still be a loser if you are thin, your weight isn't the problem.

>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
If you eat 500 less than that daily you lose weight, can go lower but never very low
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/permanent-metabolic-damage-followup-qa.html/
bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/insulin-levels-and-fat-loss-qa.html/
bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/
youtube.com/watch?v=R2_Mn-qRKjA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>month into my cut
>lifts have completely stalled
>go out last night, binge eat
>shit at least 4 times
>at the gym today, first OHP rep feels featherweight
>increase weight by 5kg
>smash through 5x5

what????

I had to keep checking I wasn't miscalculating the weight on the bar. eating more food is like cheating

man fuck cutting

>1500 calories today
>not hungry

2 cups of corn flakes 200 cal
1 cup yogurt 200 call
1 cup almond milk 30 cal
1 banana 105cal
Rate breakfast . What should I strive for a healthy breaky?

>corn flakes

>3000 calories yesterday
>went to bed hungry

>22
>5'7" 230 lbs
>thought I would lean out by now
>shitty sleep condition+anxiety makes me impulsive as fuck
>manage to have bitches mirin despite looking like shit
would love to lose the weight but I have absolutely no consistency in my life.
I want to shoot myself.

any other tall fat guys?
i lost 50 lbs last year but saw no difference aside from a belt loop change, got demoralized and gained it back
no doubt if I was short i would've looked like a different person losing that much

>lost 5kg in 4 months
>probably 5 more to not look like shit
>been stalling for the past few weeks
>Veeky Forums said shoulder and arms don't look to bad
>but body is shit

Probably will have to cut to 1500cal to reach my bf% goal.
And the funny thing is that even then I'll look like garbage because gyne and loose skin.

Protip, nobody cares how much you can lift, only how you leek.

that looks like my ex gfs dad

Are carb blockers a meme?

why only a 500 calorie a day deficit?

I've eating 1200 calories a day when needing 3000 to maintain and my fat loss was phenomenal

Bruh it takes so long to feel different then all of a sudden it just comes off. Keep it up man, i promise one day you'll be dicking a 9 and thinking back to the night you decided it was worth it

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/permanent-metabolic-damage-followup-qa.html/

"Question: So there is evidence of metabolic derangement, but do you think it is permanent even when returning to normal caloric intake?

Answer: The studies of the post-obese (see next question) suggest that, even at weight maintenance (i.e. when calories have been returned to normal), there is still a small overall reduction in basal metabolic rate (on the order of perhaps 5%) compared to someone who is ‘naturally’ of that weight. Meaning that if you compare someone who is 180 pounds without dieting to someone who has dieted down to 180 pounds, the second person will show a slightly reduced metabolic rate compared to the predicted values. But the effect is slight when calories are brought back to maintenance.

As I discussed in the original Q&A, it looks like the main impact in terms of reducing daily energy expenditure is on spontaneous activity levels; this probably explains why exercise seems to have so much bigger of an impact on weight maintenance than weight loss (as I discussed in Exercise and Weight/Fat Loss Part 2).

I am unaware of any research examining if this is maintained in the long-term (i.e. will the post-obese continue to show decreases in spontaneous activity). However, the long-term studies of the post-obese (ranging from 2-5 years if my memory serves correctly) suggest that the effect on basal metabolic rate never goes away. So yes, it’s effectively permanent; it’s simply small."

>leek

What did I mean by this

>22
>204
> 2200 calories per day
havent cheated in 3 weeks
ever since i did a IF for 36 hours i actually have to firce myself to eat to get my protein goals

how do i get rid of my big fat gut? my arms and legs and even fupa are getting super tight but my stomach is just a barrel

its the last to go my bro ;(

Tell me Fat what troubles are trying to eat away ?

its fucking huge, like it looks bloated

try taking another 250 off. You could definitely cut more comfortably

Well, that was simple. Lost 5 kg in three weeks, just by eating a little below my TDEE.

145 kg now. I hope I'll keep on dropping 5 kg every month or so, should be good enough to start actually training around vacation, since right now I'm too fat for SS or running.

i had a really bad breakup about a month ago with no closure, i suffer from severe separation anxiety and this person knew this, so without giving me closure im going crazy, i cant sleep very well which hurts my workouts im sure, i dont have an appetite which does help i guess? i dont crave any food i just feel empty all the time, oh and when i do fall asleep i have nightmares.

i moved and i cant see my friends and my brother has cancer so im sad

1,058 calories per day.

Thats 4 slices of wholemeal bread, 1 can of tuna in springwater

a low carb protein shake w water

3 cups of coffee

1/3-1/2 of a chicken breast with 3/4 a cup of cous cous

get on my level.

you gonna get scurvy
eat your veggies

500 a day is a pound a week. Very easy to manage and be consistent with. Consistency is everything. Cutting more is fine, but I wouldn't go below 1200.

this aint a contest.

Fucking shit. Eat oats dude. Fuck

>So yes, it’s effectively permanent; it’s simply small.

I think this needs an addition. Someone who dieted down and has lowered BMR compared to the average of people at that weight and BF% can of course gain muscle mass and weight and increase their BMR. If I understand correctly, their new BMR would still be slightly lower than the average of people at that weight and BF%. So, perhaps after a huge weight loss you'll always have a BMR slightly lower than average but you can still increase your BMR to a higher level like everybody else.

You don't have to suffer from getting to eat less than 2000kcal to maintain weight forever after weight loss.

F i b e r O n e
i
b
e
r

O
n
e

It'll slow down eventually man. And start doing other things instead of SS and running. Just get moving and sweat.

Ill eat a fuckin raw lemon cunt idgaf no pirate disease is gonna stop this train

I can't hear you try eating less

>it’s simply small.
Yeah, exactly. Will probably be easily cancelled out by the increased bmr of gaining muscle mass.

You're isn't maintainable where 2200 is. Don't get cocky fat boy.

>roasted maggots

consistency
is
everything

the fact that I'm so fat. there has never been a reason for me to eat besides general stress and compulsiveness. it's fucking disgusting and I hate myself. I want to eat like normal people but I realized I have no idea how normal people eat. why is no one else this hungry? why am I different?

Well, I bet I'll get a motivation boost to drop weight when it'll slow down when I'll be able to buy a fucking shirt or pants at a normal shop. Practically most of my fat went into my ass and thights.

You're soft, lazy and lack self control. That's why you're different. Eat better foods that are more filling and you won't want to pig out constantly.

I have the mental strength of the Buddha

I'm willing to bet roasted maggots have one of the highest protein/calorie ratios possible.

No one likes a fat sassy faggot man. Chill and learn to eat better, not just starve yourself

that app wont let me save my fucking calorie diary entries because Im consuming 1058 calories a day and you need to eat 1200 min as a male or they basically say fuck you

is there something better then mfp for cal tracking? eating less then 1200 makes it not want to help you

Hahaha. Even a shitty app knows you're a retard.

yeah it's called a pen and paper

Cronometer

And you don't have to stop at merely cancelling it out.

I hope this will reassure fatties of not being afraid of metabolic slowdown. It can be recovered from and you can even get it back to the level you had before dieting down.

For example, the calculator in the OP gives the same sedentary TDEE for 135kg at 40% BF and 90kg at 10% BF. Add that with lifting regularly and you can probably enjoy eating 3000kcal to maintain.

Can't hear you eat less tubby

Just eat 1200 calories, this isn't a fucking race

Calling people tubby in the /fat/ thread is pretty fucking stupid man, we all know what we are.

post height/weight/age

6'0, 175lbs. My food and training are fine thanks. In about 2yrs your fat ass might crack sub 200lbs then ppl will stop mocking you.

i falling behind my friends, i'm in no way a loser neet, just an average student (though i think i'm starting to burn out). just my friends are so much better at life. they are all chads getting jobs while i still study. one is his way to become a manager at a fortune 500 company with 110k people. hes even in the program to become future ceo. the other one has multiple amzing job offers and can whatever he wants.

you grown up with the feeling that you can be anything. your parents believe in you. and then one day you realise you're just average joe. This keeps me awake for a few nights every few weeks and i stay awake and eat comfort food.

>packet of jaffa cakes sitting downstairs, unopened
>mfw

>jaffa cakes
Put it in the bin, now.

NOW
O
W

im trying to eat away the fact that im fat. its a vicious cycle, feels fucking bad man

Didn't Layne Norton do research into this and said it could be resolved through reverse dieting?

I remember him and Lyle falling out over it during one of Lyle's manic episodes.

I think it's clear that you can increase your metabolic rate after it's been reduced by dieting. It'd be strange if your BMR stayed at the level you dieted down to even after you gained weight back.

Even I have the experience of increasing calories by 50 every two weeks and finding my weight being maintained even once I'd gone up 200kcal. I'm pretty sure this is generally applicable. Not sure about changing body fat set points that Norton talks about.

How inconsistent have you been to only lose 5kg in 4 months?

Father has cancer
friends have abandoned me
I'm a fat uncharismatic piece of shit

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/insulin-levels-and-fat-loss-qa.html/

"But insulin also is involved in fat storage which is where it gets its ‘bad’ characterization. Insulin activates an enzyme called lipoprotein lipase which is involved in breaking fatty acids off of chylomicrons for storage. However, this isn’t the only important step in fat storage.

Contrary to popular belief (espoused by people still reading literature from the 1970’s), insulin is neither the only nor single most important hormone involved in fat storage. Rather, a little compound called acylation stimulation protein (ASP) has been described as “the most potent stimulator of fat storage in the fat cell”. And ASP levels can go up without an increase in insulin (although insulin plays a role).

As another effect of insulin on body-fat levels, and this is discussed in some detail in The Stubborn Fat Solution, insulin drastically inhibits lipolysis (fat mobilization) from fat cells. Even fasting insulin levels inhibit lipolysis by up to 50%, even small increases essentially turn off lipolysis completely. Some could easily interpret this as meaning that ‘eating carbs stops fat loss’. Or it might lead them to conclude that a carbohydrate based diet would make fat loss impossible."

In the last month very,
But I'm very inactive outside of working out.

>5'7" 230 lbs
>manage to have bitches mirin despite looking like shit

Your mother and sister don't count, m8.

I think it should be separately noted:

"people who are better aerobically trained show a lower GI response than those who are less well trained."

More cardio you do, bigger the window of fat mobilization you will have, overall. If I am interpreting this correctly.

Why sometimes when I binge and I weigh myself the day after my weight goes down? Even though I've definitely eaten more calories?

Maybe binging moves your digestive track along

weight loss/gain isn't instantaneous
your weight can fluctuate by like 5 pounds every day

Water is crazy yo
bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/

>was supposed to go for a run today
>instead just stayed in bed
Fugg

youtube.com/watch?v=R2_Mn-qRKjA

This should really be in the OP

Where is the fat priest when I need him? I have cheat meals to confess. I overate this weekend, although it was calculated into my calorie intake during the last week that I would. Still, I could have ate a little less.

I went out of town to California. In n Out everyday. Worth it. I'm doing a couple days of water fast as penance.

Broke my 5 day fast yesterday. Had a bowl of spaghetti and chili (my kryptonite) and a big glass of milk. Probably 1300 calories.

I haven't eaten since (~16 hours ago) and am going to resume fasting. Feeling great.

I'm down 40 pounds from last summer, 8 lbs to go until lean.

I am eating 20 chicken nuggets and a light coke :DDD

fucking faggot, I went on a road 3 day trip and still under ate

3 day road trip

Good for (You).

Is that loss?

if you didn't start at at LEAST 35 bmi then you are not welcome in /fat/ skinny :^)

You don't own these threads.

Probably because of the nigger >muh anorexia propaganda. Like they would be considered enablers if they let people eat so little.

Well you're still awake and posting, why not go for a run right now?

Tell me your most filling recipes pls.

Filling>taste

took a break from the diet for sanity reasons, stayed at maintenance levels just fine, back to it today

hope you all are doing fine

how many calories does frying add to an egg?

chocolate with crushed oreo biscuit crepe

I am not a man of science, but I assume it can't be anymore than the calories of the egg and whatever butter or oil you fry it in.

Because energy storage tissues are only a part of your total body weight which is what you measure when you step on the scale.

6 months diet
1 month maintenance

I guess I could start again today.

Hey guys
I am 6"2 89Kg
I am 18 and almost out of school,
Can you guys give some non try hard starvation diets and exercises plans
I have a life time gym membership so thats cool
Be nice my first post on Veeky Forums

read sticky and OP

Stop making this thread, its very apparent that its a result of the r9k influx lately, and its starting to become annoying. You're doing nothing but adding to the mediocrity of Veeky Forums. You dont even discuss proper weightloss in here its all normie tier meme diet.

Read the sticky you fucking shitter, and how are you even fat at sub 100kg 187-188cm tall?

too late, already did
sorry

I am losing weight while eating lower portions of tasty things and drinking diet coke which has 0 calories

while sitting on your ass huh? enjoy being skinnyfat.

Yeah yeah we get it. You're smarter and better then everyone.

if that was on purpose it was genius

Kill yourself, sedentary fatass :)

You can weigh the oil/butter you add to the pan, you know. Put the pan on the scale, add the butter/oil. Obviously, if you add nothing, the calories are unchanged compared to boiliing it. Perhaps ever so slightly lowered due to some parts of the egg getting burned black.